RIP Demaryius Thomas..

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
That really sucks. By all accounts, seems like he was a great dude. And he was absolutely money in fantasy when Peyton was there. RIP

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I remember that 2009 game in Starkville. It was like watching peewee football. Run the ball every play except when you just throw it over to Thomas and let him pick up 20+ yards. That guy was a beast.

RIP

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I remember that 2009 game in Starkville. It was like watching peewee football. Run the ball every play except when you just throw it over to Thomas and let him pick up 20+ yards. That guy was a beast.

RIP
So he was that freak WR they had? I remember that game too. I remember thinking that is what the triple option could look like with great athletes. They ran a pitch-reverse on their first drive for a long touchdown that made my head spin.

Paul Johnson got real close to a breakthrough a few times, but never could get it done. He did win the ACC I guess in 2009.

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
In his prime, 6'3" 225 lbs and ran a 4.38 40. It's like some of these guys are from a different planet.

Sad.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
That really sucks. By all accounts, seems like he was a great dude. And he was absolutely money in fantasy when Peyton was there. RIP

He was, he worked at age 11 to care for his younger siblings.

https://thednvr.com/demaryius-thomas-turned-darkness-into-light/

"When he was 11 years old, Thomas watched his mom beg police officers to allow her to walk her kids to the bus stop. Mercifully, they obliged, and after a kiss on the cheek and an “I love you,” Demaryius saw his mother wave goodbye from the window of the school bus.That day, his mother, grandmother and stepfather were all hauled off. When he was dropped off by the same bus after school that day, he didn’t know where to go. At the age of 11, he got a job pulling corn at 6 AM before school, trying to make any sort of money to help take care of his two younger sisters."

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
Listen to the Rich Eisen link today if you haven't. Tough stuff but impressive guy... Hard not to root for that guy and sad that he isn't still here.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login