Rogers to Bama

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Probably be a situational backup. With 5 stars on the OL and at WR , he may be pretty effective. Doubt he’s their starter.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
MSST-NIL-20MR-WR_1200x.png
With Rogers possibly going to Bama, the value of these should skyrocket. They still have a few at Dick's in Flowood for anyone interested.

Reactions: Dawgzilla2

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Here’s what’s going to happen. Rogers will transfer to Alabama where he will be the starter. He will throw for 4,500 yards and lead Alabama to another SEC championship and the playoff. He will win the Heisman Trophy. He will be a high draft pick, will start on Sunday Night Football, and will say “Will Rogers: Alabama”. And this board will completely melt down.

Colonel Kang

Sep 29, 2022
Here’s what’s going to happen. Rogers will transfer to Alabama where he will be the starter. He will throw for 4,500 yards and lead Alabama to another SEC championship and the playoff. He will win the Heisman Trophy. He will be a high draft pick, will start on Sunday Night Football, and will say “Will Rogers: Alabama”. And this board will completely melt down.
That would require talent to accomplish though

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I’ve been thinking the whole time it’s all genetics, he may just hate lifting and lives on jelly doughnuts and beer
I remember seeing him in high school and was like, man, this guy doesn't look like an SEC QB. I mean Kevin Fant was a big, strong m17er who could sling it. That's what I always associated with the needed size to play in this league. Regardless of how those years turned out, no one could ever question the athletic side of that. On the flip side, you had Michael Henig who nearly got broken in half multiple times. To me, Rogers looked like a taller Henig.

I assumed Rogers heard about people thinking of him being small and frailer throughout the years, so I figured he'd work his butt off in the weight room and try and prove others wrong. I mean most kids go from a skinny boy to more mature looking 'man' between ages 18-23. But it's like he just never grew or filled out.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
@OG Goat Holder he has the build of the bros out on intramural field. It's amazing he started for 4 years and didn't get beat out. Some of that is doing what leach wanted being accurate in 0-10 yard range.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Some of yall need to learn you can't trust everything you see on twitter x. Blue checks don't mean anything

Reactions: Dawgg

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I’m a fan of Will and he proves the most important part of being a qb at the college level is between the ears(not counting nfl because now you can’t touch the qb and the games look rigged) but...

I watched a lot of Hs football due to having a son play in the last few years, and it amazed me that every single qb was a better athlete. It’s hard to believe he couldn’t jump rope, do speed and agility , lift weights, have a nutrition plan and just improve as an athlete. Maybe he just can’t.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Here’s what’s going to happen. Rogers will transfer to Alabama where he will not see the field. He will watch Alabama win another SEC championship and the playoff from the sidelines. He will watch the Heisman Trophy presentation from a trailer park. He will watch Kevin Costner in Draft Day, 47 times. He will latch on as an NFL practice QB, will start on Sunday Night Football due to an outbreak of salmonella from a QB dinner he was not invited to, and will say “Will Rogers: Alabama”. And this board will completely melt down.
FIFY

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009
@OG Goat Holder he has the build of the bros out on intramural field. It's amazing he started for 4 years and didn't get beat out. Some of that is doing what leach wanted being accurate in 0-10 yard range.
Haha, he definitely had an intramural build.

On your last sentence, that "in the 0-10 yard range" description is not needed or should at least be "0-30". Leached wanted accuracy in general, and Will was very accurate over 10 yards in addition to all the 0-10 throws and behind the LOS throws.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Will fulfilled his 4 year obligation to State. He never quit on State. He may not have been the strongest QB at times, but that kid never quit. He definitely deserves better.
Why does this make him "deserve" better? I mean, I don't have an opinion either way on Rogers. When he was our QB I wanted him to do well. Now, that he's not a Dawg I don't really care. I mean, I don't wish him bad or anything, but I just don't care. Shouldn't most players not quit on a team that committed to them, and they committed to also? Why should he "deserve" better because he didn't quit? I'd hope most players with any integrity don't quit. I see people post this every now again, and I'm just curious on why he deserves better for supposedly not quitting, and what is better?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
You better find another board. This place is filled with posters who quit on State.*********************
Multiple times at that. **

time will crawl GIF

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Will fulfilled his 4 year obligation to State. He never quit on State. He may not have been the strongest QB at times, but that kid never quit. He definitely deserves better.

LOL, He quit State. He had another year and chose to leave. That's quitting if there ever has been. But, I don't wish him any bad vibes and hope he finds the right place for him.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login