Ruh roh- there may be some pushback if State hires Lebby as HC

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
Where was he found guilty at?
Are you asking me where Art Briles was found guilty of rape? I don’t believe he was ever found criminally responsible for anything. If that’s where it ends for you, ok.

I’m not going public and threatening the university over a cpl hundo donation like buddy. But it’s a legitimate issue that will have to be vetted to become a HC.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
With limited NIL funds we could try this during recruiting:

One Dallas-area high school recruit said Briles once asked him, "Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players."

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

AFDawg

Apr 28, 2010
Sir, that's being cleared.
Can you read? Or did you choose not to?

He was found not negligent with reference to one victim in one case. There were multiple victims, and the university admitted wrongdoing.

Further, “not negligent” is not the same as “not guilty”—and neither are the same as ethical.

Art is a scumbag. There’s very little doubt of that.

That said—Lebby is not his FIL. As far as I know he was not implicated mine the cover up. He’s just demonstrated poor judgment in his relationship with Art. I don’t think that should rule out his being hired if the university has vetted him (as have others).

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
You’d hire a guy who protected rapist to own the libs? My god. I’m as far right as you can get on most stuff but that’s a crazy thing to say out loud.
Do what? I think you read into that something that’s not there.

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
The Baylor stuff is horrible. But principles went out the window a long time ago in college sports. If we don’t hire him someone will. Like when everyone wanted us to drop Jeffrey Simmons on principle …..so they could sign him

having said that, no one is gonna hire Art Briles himself.

This is a legitimate take. Principles are out the window. I think the biggest issue with Lebby is he won’t distance himself from it ie the t-shirts and then changing his profile pic to Art at OU. It’s a question of judgement from the guy we want to put in the big seat. Somebody is going to hire Lebby to be a HC and he might win. And I don’t think the school that does that will get expelled from CFB. I think it’s a reasonable take to not prefer your school to be that school to give him a shot. You can have that opinion and not go Clay Travis Schiano

engie

May 29, 2011
You’d hire a guy who protected rapist to own the libs? My god. I’m as far right as you can get on most stuff but that’s a crazy thing to say out loud.
As far as I can tell, there is a single rapist from the entire Baylor saga currently serving time in prison. He committed the crime April 15, 2012. Art Briles kicked him off the team April 26, 2012…4 days before he was arrested and charged by police.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I knew some coaches in the 90s at State and elsewhere. The stuff one sometimes had to do to get a recruit to commit was interesting and often a violation of or shading of NCAA rules. None of the Baylor-level stuff happened that I know of and what happened would likely be legal today, or easier to do, under the NIL regime. And I was told in confidence so I'll never mention anything specific. Where's the specific stuff on Lebby and what has he done that's ethically questionable since then?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
You should call MSNBC about a job bro. Apparently you can twist anything to fit your narrative. Good job.

Reactions: Ibdancin

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
And it took the Freedom to Information Act to undercover what Freeze was doing. 16K phone calls on state funded phone. **** Ole Mis. Hell, they are the ones that had a rapist playing DB for three years.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

engie

May 29, 2011
think the biggest issue with Lebby is he won’t distance himself from it ie the t-shirts and then changing his profile pic to Art at OU. It’s a question of judgement from the guy we want to put in the big seat.
Just to play the other side — If you truly believed your mentor was railroaded — would it be more principled to stand with him when it’s highly unpopular and ultimately detrimental to your career — or to distance yourself in your own self-interest as you describe?

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Are you asking me where Art Briles was found guilty of rape? I don’t believe he was ever found criminally responsible for anything. If that’s where it ends for you, ok.

I’m not going public and threatening the university over a cpl hundo donation like buddy. But it’s a legitimate issue that will have to be vetted to become a HC.
He's been vetted by our AD once already. Here is the Judge:

"no reasonable jury can conclude" based on the evidence presented at trial that the defendants were "grossly negligent."

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Can you read? Or did you choose not to?

He was found not negligent with reference to one victim in one case. There were multiple victims, and the university admitted wrongdoing.

Further, “not negligent” is not the same as “not guilty”—and neither are the same as ethical.

Art is a scumbag. There’s very little doubt of that.

That said—Lebby is not his FIL. As far as I know he was not implicated mine the cover up. He’s just demonstrated poor judgment in his relationship with Art. I don’t think that should rule out his being hired if the university has vetted him (as have others).
No no. No case has produced anything that says he was or any staff was negligent.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
As far as I can tell, there is a single rapist from the entire Baylor saga currently serving time in prison. He committed the crime April 15, 2012. Art Briles kicked him off the team April 26, 2012…4 days before he was arrested and charged by police.
Yep!

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
You should call MSNBC about a job bro. Apparently you can twist anything to fit your narrative. Good job.
No I read it wrong. After another poster said reread it I did. You said not to get lefties stirred up. On first read I thought you implied to hire to get lefties stirred up. My apologies Rupert. I’m participating in the thread while cooking breakfast & chasing kiddos. I’ll delete the post.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
No I read it wrong. After another poster said reread it I did. You said not to get lefties stirred up. On first read I thought you implied to hire to get lefties stirred up. My apologies Rupert. I’m participating in the thread while cooking breakfast & chasing kiddos. I’ll delete the post.
It's all good brother. It's just a message board. And we all have different opinions so it never bothers me much

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
While it's true that many rape allegations are false, you're just burying your head in the sand if you just ignore what happened at Baylor. And Lebby was there and his family (if not him personally) was actively involved in covering it up. We've lost any shred of integrity if we hire him. And yeah, I'll probably pull my football NIL donations as well. That'll show them.
So what did they do? I’ve never looked into it and the text messages I’ve seen that are the “smoking gun” don’t seem to be anything more than normal coaches looking after their player stuff unless there is something else showing they knew their players had assaulted or raped someone.

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
Just to play the other side — If you truly believed your mentor was railroaded — would it be more principled to stand with him when it’s highly unpopular and ultimately detrimental to your career — or to distance yourself in your own self-interest as you describe?
Valid thinking & honestly how most decent men would be wired to act. Loyalty. There is a band playing on the titanic point tough

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
With limited NIL funds we could try this during recruiting:

One Dallas-area high school recruit said Briles once asked him, "Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players."

Let’s be honest. Every single university does this on their OVs. They just don’t say the quiet part out loud.

The righteous indignation going around is chefs kiss.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Do we have to give every person with a hot take on the internet more attention than they deserve?

Give one voice the attention then suddenly it's "Many people are saying".

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Do we give every person with a hot take on the internet more attention than they deserve?

Give one voice the attention then suddenly it's "Many people are saying".
That’s the current state of journalism. Find a Twitter post that mirrors your agenda, write a story about it, bolster it with your own opinions masked as “sources”, release the hit piece authored as “Staff”.

Reactions: BoDawg.sixpack

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
i wouldn’t call a letter some random $1000 donor posted to X push back.

Last edited:

olblue

Mar 11, 2018

I suspect it was vetted long before any discussions with Lebby took place. To think this is just now becoming part of the calculus is naive.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
If they are totally sure he’s guilty, it seems pretty strange that Baylor eventually quietly paid Briles $16 million for his role in all of this.

How much did Texas Tech pay Leach for a situation everyone seems quite sure he was innocent in? About zero dollars?

Again, there seems to me that a bunch of minds were made up on initial reporting which hasn’t held up in the actual courts of law in subsequent years. Unless I’m missing something.
Why did they "quietly pay him" ?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
The Baylor stuff was horrific. What’s particularly weird about Lebby is how he keeps white knighting for Art (his fil). The t-shirts & changing his profile pic is all cringe. The rumor is he brings Kendall Briles with him. The entire Briles family back together is something I’d prefer not happen at my Alma mater.
If Lebby is bringing Kendal brilles I’m all 17ing in

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
But why "quietly" , if he didn't do anything?
It's nobody's business I assume. But had he been found to have done something, they would not be obligated to pay him.

To date, nothing in a court has found him negligent or guilty of a cover up. As pointed out in this thread, he actually dismissed a player 4 days before he was arrested because there was proof. At the same school, one of the cases was on Shawn Oakman. He was expected to be drafted.

A NFC executive told Lance Zierlein of NFL.com that Oakman was "undraftable now" because the case is unlikely to be resolved before the start of the draft. Zierlein believed the arrest would likely result in Oakman being removed from all NFL team boards. He went undrafted.

He was subsequently found not guilty of the alleged sexual assault.

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
I suspect it was vetted long before any discussions with Lebby took place. To think this is just now becoming part of the calculus is naive.
I mean vetted in the context of being a HC in one of the top 30 jobs in CFB, not a coordinator. There is a difference in being the CEO of a Fortune 500 and a coo.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Someone could have found some random State fan on Twitter that had issue with the Leach hire also...
Yea, you mean the ez11 crowd on Genes they hated Leach from the day he was hired. still hate him as far as I can tell.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Valid thinking & honestly how most decent men would be wired to act. Loyalty. There is a band playing on the titanic point tough
So again, what is it that art briles did and what is the proof? It seems like everybody knows he’s guilty but I don’t see people explaining why they know. What was the crime that occurred (as in who committed it and when) and what did he do to cover it up that didn’t result in any criminal charges?

what is Lenny ignoring?

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
So again, what is it that art briles did and what is the proof? It seems like everybody knows he’s guilty but I don’t see people explaining why they know. What was the crime that occurred (as in who committed it and when) and what did he do to cover it up that didn’t result in any criminal charges?

what is Lenny ignoring?
In a nutshell, Art Briles had a program out of control but was winning big so he swept everything under the rug until the rug couldn’t contain the funk anymore. Was it to the point where he could be charged criminally? No. But it was so bad it disgraced a HC, AD, & university president. If it wasn’t for Liberty’s total lack of morals none would have ever been employed again. Even if you’re willing to give Briles a total pass that he didn’t do a single thing wrong & it wasn’t his responsibility to know a single thing, go read about his testimony in these cases. He’s a total liar scumbag. He even tried to claim he had no knowledge of his approved memoirs in open court despite the author saying that a lie. He claimed all money was for charity but got an advance (after having no knowledge of the book). At absolute best case he’s a lying scumbag. At worst case he’s a violence enabler who had just enough layers of separation to not be held legally responsible.

But all that is really a side note to Lebby. It would be MSU’s luck that we hire Lebby, he beats Bama, & on the biggest stage possible he gives Art a shoutout for teaching him everything he knows and instead of us having the best press run in the last 20 years we get **** on nationally. His refusal to distance himself can lead to issues and it’s a legitimate concern.

Reactions: patdog

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
The Baylor stuff was horrific. What’s particularly weird about Lebby is how he keeps white knighting for Art (his fil). The t-shirts & changing his profile pic is all cringe. The rumor is he brings Kendall Briles with him. The entire Briles family back together is something I’d prefer not happen at my Alma mater.
If Lebby brings Kendall with him, it’s a home run…!

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
There’s no chance of both Lebby and Kendall Briles coming at the same time. That’s absurd….we’d be paying $5 million for a coach and $2 million for an OC with basically all the same knowledge base.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
That's a post of ignorance. Briles was cleared. Not a single staff member was found guilty of anything. In fact a federal judge dismissed the cases against them.

Again, NO GUILT FOUND!
Hahaha. So, you’re cool with us just hiring Art Briles?

Because he’s available. And he’d be dirt cheap.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login