Ruh roh- there may be some pushback if State hires Lebby as HC

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
If we want a good coach who will stay here and not jump at the chance to ditch us, that guy is probably going to have some baggage. Otherwise, we couldn’t hire him. Being picky isn’t for beggars and that’s what the last 80 years of SEC football indicates we are.

engie

May 29, 2011
Using the word “quietly” adds a layer of bias to his statement. I’m not sure if it was purposely done or not.

A better phrase would have been “fulfilled their financial obligation”.
No, using the word quietly simply means it’s something you never heard about in the news, unlike every other sensational headline almost none of which have proven themselves out in a court of law. The cumulative total of which seems to have railroaded one of the best coaches around right out of the game — just as he was teed up to break the system at a non-traditional power job not unlike the one we currently have open.

I tend to side with Briles partially because I think you are fooling yourself if you think “they” wouldn’t find an angle to run our coach off if we were ever truly that close to breaking through
Using the word “quietly” adds a layer of bias to his statement. I’m not sure if it was purposely done or not.

A better phrase would have been “fulfilled their financial obligation”.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
No, using the word quietly simply means it’s something you never heard about in the news, unlike every other sensational headline almost none of which have proven themselves out in a court of law. The cumulative total of which seems to have railroaded one of the best coaches around right out of the game — just as he was teed up to break the system at a non-traditional power job not unlike the one we currently have open.

I tend to side with Briles partially because I think you are fooling yourself if you think “they” wouldn’t find an angle to run our coach off if we were ever truly that close to breaking through

1701002340287.gif

Reactions: HammerOfTheDogs

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
As someone that has not read anything about the Baylor debacle, and after reading all this gnashing of teeth (Well keyboards in this case). What did Lebby do, or not do in relation to the Baylor scandal? If he just was on the staff when the **** went down then hire him and let’s roll. If he helped to cover anything up, then I want nothing to do with him.

I am asking because I really don’t know.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login