Rumor: New Uni Unveling Incoming

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
If you are a script State fan or a Banner M-State hater I think you’ll be pleased. A photo has already leaked out on another site.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
You just described me perfectly. Now lets just get some other company to make them and I'll be even happier

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
If you are a script State fan or a Banner M-State hater I think you’ll be pleased. A photo has already leaked out on another site.
NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I'm more a fan of all caps bold STATE, but i'll take the script. We need to brand ourselves simply as State, what many SEC fans and media folks already call us. The MState is worse than MSJ.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
The Good Lord gives me a baseball season of misery and then blesses me for my fortitude and faith with excellent news like this... Wait a minute, this sounds more like the handiwork of @Lucifer Morningstar

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm more a fan of all caps bold STATE, but i'll take the script. We need to brand ourselves simply as State, what many SEC fans and media folks already call us. The MState is worse than MSJ.
STATE could be close to 50 different schools. It's ridiculous to think we're the only one referred to as "State" when the fact is most of them are.

Reactions: drumrcraig

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Deleted before I got a chance to copy/save.
Ha. They deleted it? What a world. I’m assuming this is more of a water toter site that gets marching orders from the school.

One of the more epic days on this site was the stolen images of the new logos.

Did the school try and squash that? Did DS tell them to kick rocks?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
the suspense is killing me how am I supposed to work today knowing new threads might change our fate and our drip

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
STATE could be close to 50 different schools. It's ridiculous to think we're the only one referred to as "State" when the fact is most of them are.
Name another major program referred to as State. Not FSU, not LSU, not Ok State, not TOSU, not Penn State, I don't know about Michigan State, but our paths rarely cross.

Listen to Sports radio around in the South in places like B'ham, Nashville and ATL, we're commonly referred to as simply "State." "Mississippi State" is just too long and doesn't flow off the tongue and God no to MS State or Miss. State.

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
NC State goes by "State". Michigan State goes by MSU. This is according to the fight songs of both.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Name another major program referred to as State. Not FSU, not LSU, not Ok State, not TOSU, not Penn State, I don't know about Michigan State, but our paths rarely cross.

Listen to Sports radio around in the South in places like B'ham, Nashville and ATL, we're commonly referred to as simply "State." "Mississippi State" is just too long and doesn't flow off the tongue and God no to MS State or Miss. State.
It’s the name of the dad gum fight song. Also, if you don’t say egg bowl what else do you say? Everyone says “the state - ole miss game”

Embrace state. Own it. If someone else thinks they use it too…..well too bad. It’s ours now.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
NC State goes by "State". Michigan State goes by MSU. This is according to the fight songs of both.
When i hear media folks talking about them, it's always NC State.

I actually lived in Eastern NC in mid 90s, but Duke and UNC sucked up all the attention back in those days.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I like that STATE, but we don't cross paths with them often, so I have no problems with both programs going by State.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I've asked this before and will ask again....

What does "brand ourselves as State." mean, in detail?

I know most are just parroting that crybaby Faulk but it is none sense. Because we have been known as "State" for many many many decades. Then regardless of that, do people actually want just the word "State" on all our uniforms, buildings and merchandise? Like a damn Dr Pepper commercial.

I get people have different taste and opinions but saying "brand as State" just because someone likes &tate on the helmet more than MState is a terrible take for a journalist. Which oh by the way..... the MState logo.... INCORPORATES "State".

anyways.... Hail State. (Oh, half of State fans don't like that either ). Hahahaha.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I've lived in several different states. My experience so far when people reference or hear the reference State

South Carolina - many actually think Mississippi State but a good amount still go with NC State
North Carolina - NC State only
Virginia - NC State only
Nebraska - Iowa State most of the time
Michigan - Michigan State only
Ohio - Michigan State only (no one in Ohio thinks or says State when talking about Ohio State)

Reactions: Beretta.sixpack

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I think the best thing State can do for branding is get away from adidas and go with under armor. The reason is because we look the same as aTm. Looks like an inter squad game when we play them.

In the meantime, while with adidas, We need to go with white helmets more often as our brand. Because one, the university insist on using the maroon MState. Maroon logo on maroon helmet... no. On a white helmet, much better. The Dak era maroon helmets with the wide white stripe, white MState looked decent. Then we need to Insist on totally different jersey and pants stripes and styling than aTm.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
Because we have been known as "State" for many many many decades. Then regardless of that, do people actually want just the word "State" on all our uniforms, buildings and merchandise? Like a damn Dr Pepper commercial.
Only in Mississippi is State know as "State". I see the "State" branding the same way I see national advertisements for sports apparel. When we are big enough that we appear as one of the marquee displays the same way Georgia, Bama, Texas, Michigan, and the likes do then we can work on branding ourselves as "State" outside of MS. Until then we don't have enough influence to make it happen.

Reactions: drumrcraig

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If you use the same shade of maroon but one gloss and one flat, is it still the same shade.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Only in Mississippi is State know as "State". I see the "State" branding the same way I see national advertisements for sports apparel. When we are big enough that we appear as one of the marquee displays the same way Georgia, Bama, Texas, Michigan, and the likes do then we can work on branding ourselves as "State" outside of MS. Until then we don't have enough influence to make it happen.
haha, dude do you go anywhere or listen to sports radio outside of MS? I listen to a good bit from around the SE and we are almost always called State, rarely hear Mississippi State.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I go to ACC country a lot and if you say state, they assume NC State but in SEC country you say State they know it's Miss State. That is good for me! I imagine if you say state in Big 10 country, they assume Michigan State.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I've lived in several different states. My experience so far when people reference or hear the reference State

South Carolina - many actually think Mississippi State but a good amount still go with NC State
North Carolina - NC State only
Virginia - NC State only
Nebraska - Iowa State most of the time
Michigan - Michigan State only
Ohio - Michigan State only (no one in Ohio thinks or says State when talking about Ohio State)
Yeah, I would say us being known as State is a very regional thing. Nationally, I can’t see they being a good campaign

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Heck I was in Boston three weeks ago wearing our gear and got several "hail states" and "how is state going to this year with a new coach?"

While standing in line at Mike's Pastries, one kid, who played college baseball at a small NE school, talked at length to me about "State Baseball."

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login