Rumor: New Uni Unveling Incoming

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Do we have an idea when it drops?
I have seen some saying to be on the lookout around 6 this evening but I am not 100% sure on the specifics of that.

I just know that 1. New uniforms are coming and 2. mid to late July is a popular release time because it allows you to have the new uniforms in most of your promotional material leading into the season.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I've asked this before and will ask again....

What does "brand ourselves as State." mean, in detail?

I know most are just parroting that crybaby Faulk but it is none sense. Because we have been known as "State" for many many many decades. Then regardless of that, do people actually want just the word "State" on all our uniforms, buildings and merchandise? Like a damn Dr Pepper commercial.

I get people have different taste and opinions but saying "brand as State" just because someone likes &tate on the helmet more than MState is a terrible take for a journalist. Which oh by the way..... the MState logo.... INCORPORATES "State".

anyways.... Hail State. (Oh, half of State fans don't like that either ). Hahahaha.
Here is what it means to me. If I google MSU football Michigan State will come up. It always will for anyone that Google isn’t using predictive analytics based on history. If we can own State, one day if you Google State football, Mississippi State may come up.
The other thing is logo recognition. If you see a block M pewter plate how close do you have to get to realize it’s not Michigan or Marshall. From a distance the block M doesn’t stand out. Hell the other day I thought there was a State fan behind me until he got close enough for me to see it was a N for Nebraska. Script State stands out.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Only in Mississippi is State know as "State". I see the "State" branding the same way I see national advertisements for sports apparel. When we are big enough that we appear as one of the marquee displays the same way Georgia, Bama, Texas, Michigan, and the likes do then we can work on branding ourselves as "State" outside of MS. Until then we don't have enough influence to make it happen.
Hail Dear ole STATE!

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Only in Mississippi is State know as "State". I see the "State" branding the same way I see national advertisements for sports apparel. When we are big enough that we appear as one of the marquee displays the same way Georgia, Bama, Texas, Michigan, and the likes do then we can work on branding ourselves as "State" outside of MS. Until then we don't have enough influence to make it happen.
We've got the influence. It's not coming. It's here.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Here is what it means to me. If I google MSU football Michigan State will come up. It always will for anyone that Google isn’t using predictive analytics based on history. If we can own State, one day if you Google State football, Mississippi State may come up.
The other thing is logo recognition. If you see a block M pewter plate how close do you have to get to realize it’s not Michigan or Marshall. From a distance the block M doesn’t stand out. Hell the other day I thought there was a State fan behind me until he got close enough for me to see it was a N for Nebraska. Script State stands out.
The whole "we can't use a M because...Michigan, Marshall..". By that logic, get rid of maroon, aTm. The "script" State doesn't work.... because every mlb team and ole miss use a script logo.

I don't care if they go with &tate on the football helmet. But it is a baseball logo from the 60s and 70s, used by Mich St before us on a football helmet and therefore nothing overly creative or dynamic. As matter of fact, it's extremely simple and plain. But whatever ...

If people don't like MState that's fine, but nobody especially Faulk have come up with an alternative that is any better. In my opinion that Bulldog head designed in 2009 looked good. We did use that logo ( in a different way) vs aTm in 12 and OkSt opener in Texas. It was just mainly an outline instead of detailed decal. Those were creative and could have been unique helmet decals with a few adjustments. (Thinking NCSts wolf logo). Anyways ....

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2012
Well if we could pick the only logo more weak looking than the banner M it is the script state. As been stated before the S looks like a damn treble clef, and otherwise it’s straight out of the fonts in Microsoft word.
Meanwhile, we have the “baseball MS”. I hate calling it that because I think it should be logo for all sports. Reasons why

1. It’s the logo associated with our only national championship
2. It looks bold and strong. Unlike that script State, which looks a little, shall we say, weak, and looks rather Wal Marty, just like the banner M.
3. We need to move to one logo for all sports. The M over S is the obvious choice. Saying this is exclusive to baseball is about as weak an argument as the state script looks.
4. It just looks great. End of story.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Well if we could pick the only logo more weak looking than the banner M it is the script state. As been stated before the S looks like a damn treble clef, and otherwise it’s straight out of the fonts in Microsoft word.
Meanwhile, we have the “baseball MS”. I hate calling it that because I think it should be logo for all sports. Reasons why

1. It’s the logo associated with our only national championship
2. It looks bold and strong. Unlike that script State, which looks a little, shall we say, weak, and looks rather Wal Marty, just like the banner M.
3. We need to move to one logo for all sports. The M over S is the obvious choice. Saying this is exclusive to baseball is about as weak an argument as the state script looks.
4. It just looks great. End of story.
I like the State Script, but I am also in the M over S camp for all sports as well.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Not perfect but it’s a huge upgrade. Hopefully John and Rhett are enjoying the plains

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Love the helmet. Jersey looks unfinished. Needs something on the chest other than that tiny banner.

Reactions: STATEgrad04

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Trying to be “Mississippi State” certainly isn’t working nation wide so let’s go with State.

Reactions: STATEgrad04

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’m ok with these. Look really good. Not a huge fan of the &tate logo, but it’s not bad.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Heck I was in Boston three weeks ago wearing our gear and got several "hail states" and "how is state going to this year with a new coach?"

While standing in line at Mike's Pastries, one kid, who plaid college baseball at a small NE school, talked at length to me about "State Baseball."
I found you can be damn near anywhere and find a state fan. I was in the Philadelphia airport a few years ago wearing a Mississippi State baseball hat and had a gentleman that used to play baseball for at Mississippi state come up and talk to me for a little bit. Nice guy. I think he was from Philadelphia area. Played here in late 80’s early 90’s if I remember correctly.

Reactions: greenbean.sixpack

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I like the traditional gloss maroon helmet with white face mask. Also the simple old school look of the jerseys. Those wide sleeve stripes too.

Reactions: trob115 and patdog

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
Love the helmet. Jersey looks unfinished. Needs something on the chest other than that tiny banner.
Exactly. Why is the SEC logo and the Adidas logo twice the size of our school’s logo? It looks dumb.

Last edited:

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
Funny I wore a Dixie Beer T Shirt in Utah and got offered 100.00 for it. I had forgot there was a Dixie Utah settled by Southern Mormons.
Yes, there was a school called Dixie State University. They went by "State". Now they are Utah Tech. Guess what they go by now?

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I was flipping through some ESPN channels weekday games last season and came across a team that was maroon and white and had the STATE script on the helmets like we used once. I actually thought it was us for a brief moment and wondered why we moved a weekend game to a Thursday. Turns out it was Missouri State playing a game on ESPN. Really fooled me for a brief time until the announcers said their names.

Reactions: patdog

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Funny I wore a Dixie Beer T Shirt in Utah and got offered 100.00 for it. I had forgot there was a Dixie Utah settled by Southern Mormons.
Also a very nice forest area in southern Utah called Dixie National Forest. Beautiful trees as I have ever seen. Kind of glowed white and yellow in the evening. We went hiking and camping before we played BYU in Provo. Had a great time.

Reactions: GloryDawg

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I was flipping through some ESPN channels weekday games last season and came across a team that was maroon and white and had the STATE script on the helmets like we used once. I actually thought it was us for a brief moment and wondered why we moved a weekend game to a Thursday. Turns out it was Missouri State playing a game on ESPN. Really fooled me for a brief time until the announcers said their names.
May have been New Mexico State ?

Attachments

• 11599C1C-789A-4E9C-9748-AD536C2BB103.jpeg
    11599C1C-789A-4E9C-9748-AD536C2BB103.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 2

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Simple and sound is pretty nice if you ask me. I like it. One thing I always noticed about the iconic jerseys in college football. The best ones have very few bells and whistles added to them and reflect just the player and the school.

I like the State logo as well. Everybody will know what State it is if we play well in the SEC.

Reactions: dudehead and patdog

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I was at a Cardinals game last year and had my M State cap on with the American flag colors like they do midfield for the Veterans Day tribute and a guy stopped me and wanted to know where I got it. Told him Starkville a few years ago and he looked at me funny for a second and then laughed and said he though it was a MO State cap

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Yes, there was a school called Dixie State University. They went by "State". Now they are Utah Tech. Guess what they go by now?
They did change the name. Most of those Mormons were slave owners but when they joined the church, they had to free their slaves. Not sell them. My understanding is they tried to grow cotton. Also, a lot of them did not know how to survive in the winter weather and ended up in the Salt Lake Valley. This is talking to a lady who was from Dixie Utah. She was living here in Mississippi with her husband while he went to Law School at MC. I am just going by what she said. Oh yeah, they had five kids while he was in school.

Reactions: skydawg1

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I go to ACC country a lot and if you say state, they assume NC State but in SEC country you say State they know it's Miss State. That is good for me! I imagine if you say state in Big 10 country, they assume Michigan State.

Nobody's ever pitched it like we're doing. Nobody else has the STATE Branding History we have. Let's not be cowards but more proud of our unique brand. If Cowbells can stick so can the name STATE

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login