Russia and N.Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The two signed a pact to aid each other in the event of aggression to either.

ronery GIF

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
What is the college football equivalent of this pact? Like a southern miss and south Alabama pact maybe?

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
When is Russia finally going to surrender to Ukraine ? I guess we’ll just keep feeding hundreds of billions to find out. Are any of the European States ( with so much better standards of living ) going in at 1/5 of our expense ? I hope it’s worth it to our middle class for the State Dept to have its victory lap…. somewhere down the road.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
When is Russia finally going to surrender to Ukraine ? I guess we’ll just keep feeding hundreds of billions to find out. Are any of the European States ( with so much better standards of living ) going in at 1/5 of our expense ? I hope it’s worth it to our middle class for the State Dept to have its victory lap…. somewhere down the road.
Several European States are paying at a higher rate per GDP than we are. The price of letting Russia have an easy win would be much higher than what we are spending now, and not just in $$$$$. This is 1938, and the victim is being allowed to fight.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
It's amazing to see Russia outsmart us. All they have to do is start a conflict and like Pavlov's dog, our war hawk politicians will spring into action and grace middle America with the bill.

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
Several European States are paying at a higher rate per GDP than we are. The price of letting Russia have an easy win would be much higher than what we are spending now, and not just in $$$$$. This is 1938, and the victim is being allowed to fight.
Ever considered Hegelian Dawg for your user name ?

Reactions: Bulldawg56

Anon1717806835

Jun 7, 2024
It's amazing to see Russia outsmart us. All they have to do is start a conflict and like Pavlov's dog, our war hawk politicians will spring into action and grace middle America with the bill.
I know, right? Their economy is on the brink of collapse and they have staunch allies like North Korea, Syria, and Iran. I wish the United States had it that good....***

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
What % of Ukraine funding has stayed stateside and gone to buying US produced weapons and equipment? So US taxes spent to buy and produce US products from US companies that employ US workers who help support US economies and pay US taxes.

I am not defending spending, I am clarifying where the money is largely actually going.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
What % of Ukraine funding has stayed stateside and gone to buying US produced weapons and equipment? So US taxes spent to buy and produce US products from US companies that employ US workers who help support US economies and pay US taxes.

I am not defending spending, I am clarifying where the money is largely actually going.
It’s called money laundering dubmass

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I watched an old Gallagher comedy concert last night that was done in Long Beach Ca (Hulu I think) and he kind of addressed this. He said (and I paraphrase) the good ole USofA should never give any type aid to any country that you wouldn't take your wife and kids on vacation to.......
I was watching by myself and laughed out loud multiple times, had forgotten how funny that guy was, especially for his time when he was really popular

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I watched an old Gallagher comedy concert last night that was done in Long Beach Ca (Hulu I think) and he kind of addressed this. He said (and I paraphrase) the good ole USofA should never give any type aid to any country that you wouldn't take your wife and kids on vacation to.......
I was watching by myself and laughed out loud multiple times, had forgotten how funny that guy was, especially for his time when he was really popular
I have relatives that did mission work in Ukraine. They lived the people there.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
My prayer about a nuclear war if one is inevitable has been the same for my entire adulthood. I hope the first bomb lands right on top of my head.

Reactions: L4Dawg and Motodawg

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
End carried interests and capital gains rate preferences and re-enact the pre-1986 income tax rate structure - and voila - the burden shifts immediately from the middle to the top (where all the money is now anyway after the last 40 years).

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I have relatives that did mission work in Ukraine. They lived the people there.
I work w/ a young girl that's been to Haiti twice on mission trips and WAS itching to get back there until last month when a couple missionaries got killed there by gangs

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I guess it’s partly being a child of the Cold War but I’d rather pay for Ukrainians to fight Russia than pay for Americans to fight them. We defeated Russia once but we didn’t finish them, this is the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login