Saban rumor?

NashLA

May 5, 2009
Anyone hearing rumors of Saban announcing retirement to the team yesterday? Heard this from someone, haven't seen anything on-line.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Anyone hearing rumors of Saban announcing retirement to the team yesterday? Heard this from someone, haven't seen anything on-line.

I haven't heard of any suicides in my Trailer Park so it can't be true.

WestDawg

Aug 24, 2012
If this is true - which I doubt there’s any truth to it - then that may explain why Kiffin “wasn’t able to get another HC position. He’s definitely still got contacts within the Bama program and boosters, so it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that he would get a heads up on that info before it got out.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I feel like Saban anointing his replacement will be like HBO’s succession but crazier

natchezdawg

Oct 4, 2009
Whoever his replacement is will need Secret Service type protection if...

things start heading south even the slightest bit...

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

Nice to dream, but that SOB will be there for another 10 years, football is all he cares about.

Kiffen will be down the list as a replacement, he's too immature. Dabo will be their target, and they will make it hard for him to say no.

Last edited:

tired

Sep 16, 2013
Nice to dream, but that SOB will be there for another 10 years, football is all he cares about.

Kiffen will be down the list as a replacement, he's too immature. Dabo will be their target, and they will make it hard for him to say no.

I've got some contacts in Clemson. 3-4 years ago Dabo wouldn't go to Bama, but I'm hearing now that he would listen, & it may be sooner than later. I haven't heard anything about Saban. Hopefully Dabo won't go. He'd just keep the train rolling.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
When it comes to Clemson information, I only trust banana eating GTO owners. **

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
You are wrong about football being all he cares about. Saban has a deep and abiding love of the almighty $$$!

MetEdDawg

Aug 22, 2012
Whenever Saban leaves, Kiffin is very much a possibility to Alabama.

He's got a lot of support in their program.

But I highly doubt Saban would have announced that yesterday during a playoff run. Doesn't sound like him at all.

Aug 22, 2012
The only reasons I can fathom for Saban telling his team he was retiring are if he got a really dire diagnosis from a doctor or if he was in serious trouble with the law. I hope it’s not the former, and I’m confident it’s not the latter.

Whenever he leaves Bama will be in a tough spot. They will expect to hire a home run but there will be some hesitancy from that caliber of coach because you don’t want to follow a legend. Would be interesting if he did leave soon and they hired Bill O’Btien considering he replaced JoePa at PSU.

LOL at Kiffin. Some of you are obsessed with him some kinda way, NTTAWWT.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
He is a perfect fit for that program

Kiffin will be a Confederate till they fire him. Very few programs will touch Kiffin, Ole Miss is about as high as he can get.

Lie, cheat and scam. Tries to change his image constantly like they do mascots.

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
Whenever Saban leaves, Kiffin is very much a possibility to Alabama.

He's got a lot of support in their program.

But I highly doubt Saban would have announced that yesterday during a playoff run. Doesn't sound like him at all.

So the rumors about Lane and a prominent Bama person's daughter are NOT true.

I was skeptical, but never completely discounted it.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
LOL at Kiffin. Some of you are obsessed with him some kinda way, NTTAWWT.

Yes, it doesn't make sense. Saban fired Kiffen before a NC game, does anyone think he'd allow Kiffen to be his replacement? They've had the most buttoned up coach in college football over a decade, they not replacing him with someone who can act childish. They'll go "all in" Dabo.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I've got some contacts in Clemson. 3-4 years ago Dabo wouldn't go to Bama, but I'm hearing now that he would listen, & it may be sooner than later. I haven't heard anything about Saban. Hopefully Dabo won't go. He'd just keep the train rolling.
Disagree. Dabo and Saban are completely different coaches, and the programs at each school are totally different. Not to mention that chances are very low in general, of "keeping the train rolling".

bully12

Sep 2, 2012

If your sources have any degree of credibility, I'd have to question Dabo's mental competency. He's absolutely got it made at Clemson (nice new house on Lake Hartwell), slow pace of rural life (except on game day), fans/administration all-in. All of those factors would go 180 degrees in the opposite direction should he decide to go to Tuscalooser. I've lived in the SC upstate for over 30 years (very close to Clemson for a while). Dabo leaving Clemson for Alabama would be absolute lunacy on his part IMHO.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Dabo is Hugh Freeze with about 20% of the Jimmy Swaggart removed.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
The Hawkeye Report has an article about Saban telling his players that he is retiring. Supposedly he will make a public announcement after the season is over

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Y’all do be a little too concerned with Kiffin. Kinda weird. I don’t know a single UM fan that is as obsessed with Leach. If y’all do, point me in the direction so I can tell em to eat a bag of dicks.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Y’all do be a little too concerned with Kiffin. Kinda weird. I don’t know a single UM fan that is as obsessed with Leach. If y’all do, point me in the direction so I can tell em to eat a bag of dicks.

More MSU fans are infatuated with all things Ole Miss than Ole Miss fans are infatuated with MSU. I don't understand it, I'm as condescending as hell to them, most of our fan base acts like little brother who beens picked on his whole life. Since 2000, of the big four sports, we have the more successful programs, really the only thing they have on us in the last ten years is two victories over Saban.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
More MSU fans are infatuated with all things Ole Miss than Ole Miss fans are infatuated with MSU. I don't understand it, I'm as condescending as hell to them, most of our fan base acts like little brother who beens picked on his whole life. Since 2000, of the big four sports, we have the more successful programs, really the only thing they have on us in the last ten years is two victories over Saban.

You’re dead wrong about the little brother syndrome. However, the Kiffin obsession in our fan base is mad weird. This board alone probably talks more about the douche canoe up there than their own boards- which is weird af.

We gotta good coach, they gotta good coach. Leave it alone.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
If your sources have any degree of credibility, I'd have to question Dabo's mental competency. He's absolutely got it made at Clemson (nice new house on Lake Hartwell), slow pace of rural life (except on game day), fans/administration all-in. All of those factors would go 180 degrees in the opposite direction should he decide to go to Tuscalooser. I've lived in the SC upstate for over 30 years (very close to Clemson for a while). Dabo leaving Clemson for Alabama would be absolute lunacy on his part IMHO.

None of that changes the fact that he’s a Bama alum, and state of Alabama native. Do you think Saban didn’t “have it made” in Miami? All these coaches are living the high life, even at G5 schools. Yet they all still pursue bigger / better jobs (according to whatever their perception of that is) at some point. Some damn lake house isn’t gonna keep him from taking over at his alma mater if that’s what he has in his heart that he wants to do.

SKYHAWKdawg

Aug 23, 2019
You’re dead wrong about the little brother syndrome. However, the Kiffin obsession in our fan base is mad weird. This board alone probably talks more about the douche canoe up there than their own boards- which is weird af.

We gotta good coach, they gotta good coach. Leave it alone.

well..... we have a serviceable coach w/ a ****** kicking game. period. the end. said kicking game is good for at least 3 W's. upgrade ****** kicking game to serviceable then you're 10-2 and you have a good coach with potential. No trying to be a dick but special teams are part of the game...just the messenger here. gotta stick it between the uprights.

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
Mullen to Tuscaloosa - 10 year contract at 12 million a year with no cut stipulation in the contract. He will lead recruiting for them, but only in the off season.

Pretty good move for them, I think.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login