Sankey speaks on the shove.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
What was the reason he even gave for doing it? I can’t think of a single good reason .
His explanation was that he was trying to get to the DC(who couldn’t hear him) and Van Buren was just there and everybody knows how chaotic it is on the sidelines and he had the wrong personnel group in and everything was just crazy. Etc etc

it is my belief that either

A.
the former linebacker did it to try to get in the head of our freshman quarterback’s head. Make him mad. Get him to thinking about something else.

or
B.
He needs a complete medical evaluation because he is unable to walk from point a to point b with obstacles in the way.

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
His explanation was that he was trying to get to the DC(who couldn’t hear him) and Van Buren was just there and everybody knows how chaotic it is on the sidelines and he had the wrong personnel group in and everything was just crazy. Etc etc

it is my belief that either

A.
the former linebacker did it to try to get in the head of our freshman quarterback’s head. Make him mad. Get him to thinking about something else.

or
B.
He needs a complete medical evaluation because he is unable to walk from point a to point b with obstacles in the way.
Former DB.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I think Smart was totally focused on the game and totally pissed at his defensive coach and players. I really believe he would have pushed ANYONE who was in Van Buren's spot at that time. That being said, there should have been a 15 yard penalty on him for the play but there wasn't. He's reached out to Lebby and Van Buren and if they say let's move on......let's move on.
It does not matter what his motive was, who he was focused on or what the circumstances were. You do not put your hands on an opposing player like that. Period. When you do it is never a ‘nothing burger’ no matter how the player reacts.
I think Smart was totally focused on the game and totally pissed at his defensive coach and players. I really believe he would have pushed ANYONE who was in Van Buren's spot at that time. That being said, there should have been a 15 yard penalty on him for the play but there wasn't. He's reached out to Lebby and Van Buren and if they say let's move on......let's move on.

Reactions: patdog and MSUGUY

dawgstate

Jul 25, 2013
I just wanted a flag & 15 more yards.
Agree. A flag should have been thrown. Do we honestly think he was sooooo in the zone that he would have pushed through the official that was standing there too? 15 yards + Lesby grabbing him in a chokehold at midfield after the game followed by an apology in the after game presser and I’m satisfied.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login