Sawyer Robertson playing pretty well…..

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Good for him. If he was QB'ing Mississippi State he'd be 1-6 right now...and probably out for the season with some horrific injury.

Correction...1-7

Last edited:
Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
big athletic dude, just takes off and runs for 40-50 yard scores. He’s going to get nfl looks

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Man... Beat Texas Tech with almost as pitiful as a defense as State. And impressive against the OK State D which is right there with UMass's.

IMPRESSIVE.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
WACO, Texas – Baylor football redshirt junior quarterback Sawyer Robertson has been named to a pair of national player of the week honors lists, as announced this week by the respective awards.

After his standout performance in BU's Week Eight win at Texas Tech, Robertson was named to the Davey O'Brien Award's Great 8 list and was one of eight QBs included as the Manning Award's Stars of the Week.

In his hometown of Lubbock, Texas, Robertson threw for 274 yards and a career-high five touchdowns in the 59-35 victory over the Red Raiders. He became the first Bear in nine seasons to throw for five TDs as Seth Russell was the last to do so on Oct. 17, 2015, vs. West Virginia. This marked Robertson's third-consecutive game with at least three passing touchdowns. The Baylor signal caller now leads the Big 12 with an 83.8 QBR and has thrown for 1,319 yards and 14 touchdowns this season with just three interceptions.

Earlier this week, Robertson was recognized as the Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week, BU's first recipient since 2020, and the Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award Player of the Week.

To stay up to date on all things Baylor football, follow the team on its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BUFootball.

Reactions: Dawg84

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Sawyer ran for 73 yards against Okie State, including a 41 yard score and threw three TD passes to bring his season totals to 17 TDS and 4 INTs , leading the big 12 in QB rating. He’s 6-4 225 and can run with a year left to play.

if he has a good year next year you can bet he will be in some NFL training camps.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Good logic, way to back that up

You're the one who is saying a guy on no draft boards is going to get NFL looks. I just don't think he is. Hell, I hope I'm wrong for his sake, but it's not up to me to support a position held by a majority of people

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
You're the one who is saying a guy on no draft boards is going to get NFL looks. I just don't think he is. Hell, I hope I'm wrong for his sake, but it's not up to me to support a position held by a majority of people
You seem really adamant he won’t get an nfl training camp invite, that’s great you hope he does.*

normally a guy with nfl size , good arm strength who is mobile and leads the big 12 in passing will get some looks.

If he has a good senior year I think it’s a slam dunk.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Outside of a couple qbs leach rarely had a drafted qb. Most turned out to be coaches. Couch was probably the most successful and highest drafted. But that was early on. Harrell and minshew probably the most successful he had as head coach. Minshew has been okay in the nfl but not a consistent starter over his career. Will likely won't get drafted and doubtful Lock or Rogers will either.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login