Scott Davis brilliantly sums up the Beamer era

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
"South Carolina football in the Shane Beamer Era remains one of the most unpredictable, up-and-down, zig-zagging organizations in sports. We just don’t know what we’re getting from week to week from this team. We’ve called it the Roller Coaster, and I even nicknamed the phenomenon The Shane Beamer Experience – an always interesting, often entertaining, occasionally maddening and absolutely all over the place ride that never quite ends where you think it will. Call it what you will, but the only thing we know for sure about Gamecock football right now is that we aren’t sure about anything. Anything’s possible, nothing’s possible, everything’s possible."

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
"South Carolina football in the Shane Beamer Era remains one of the most unpredictable, up-and-down, zig-zagging organizations in sports. We just don’t know what we’re getting from week to week from this team. We’ve called it the Roller Coaster, and I even nicknamed the phenomenon The Shane Beamer Experiencean always interesting, often entertaining, occasionally maddening and absolutely all over the place ride that never quite ends where you think it will. Call it what you will, but the only thing we know for sure about Gamecock football right now is that we aren’t sure about anything. Anything’s possible, nothing’s possible, everything’s possible."

I'm going to exercise some editing options for this article.

an always Interesting Curious
occasionally entertaing.
mostly maddening

NO, not anything is possible.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
I read David Cloninger's write up today. Words in that column included: undisciplined, sloppy, disjointed mess, coaching staff problems and coaching longevity problems.

It is amazing to me that this university decided to put someone who has never even been an Offensive or Defensive Coordinator, much less Head Coach, into the SEC to get on-the- job training. I would have thought that by year 4, the training wheels would have come off.

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
Only possible good news - Shane definitely reads these things. He definitely knows he's on the hot seat with the fans now. He knows it's about to break one way or the other. If nothing changes from here on out : Bye. Thanks for trying, but Bye.

Sep 12, 2022
It is amazing to me that thisto put someone who has never even been an Offensive or Defensive Coordinator, much less Head Coach, into the SEC to get on-the- job training. I would have thought that by year 4, the training wheels would have come off.
The 'Peter Principal' is a management concept that states 'employees are eventually promoted to a level of incompetence'

BUT, if what if those 'employees' never had any experience? I.E., using football, was NEVER a HC at a lower level, was NEVER an Offensive Coordinator nor Defensive Coordinator, was NEVER a Backfield Coach or Head Line Coach? Isn't the Recruiting Coordinator the kid who collects the sweaty Jock Straps for his Father's team?

Beamer Ball??? ... HhMmm!

Tidalcock

Joined Aug 29, 2002
Jan 20, 2022
"South Carolina football in the Shane Beamer Era remains one of the most unpredictable, up-and-down, zig-zagging organizations in sports. We just don’t know what we’re getting from week to week from this team. We’ve called it the Roller Coaster, and I even nicknamed the phenomenon The Shane Beamer Experience – an always interesting, often entertaining, occasionally maddening and absolutely all over the place ride that never quite ends where you think it will. Call it what you will, but the only thing we know for sure about Gamecock football right now is that we aren’t sure about anything. Anything’s possible, nothing’s possible, everything’s possible."

Sort of like Forrest Gump’s box of chocolates——

HI Cock1

Joined Oct 14, 2012
Jan 22, 2022

One of Scott's best.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Lost to KY that year if I remember correctly... after Lattimore sprained his ankle.
Still should have won the game. One dropped ball at the end of the first half prevented us from knocking them out then and there. Then, the defense took the second half off.

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
We didn't build very well on the Bama win in 2010. Still p!$$e$ me off.
We didn't on 2 major upsets to end the 2022 season.
We didn't build very well on 2 CWS Championships and another runner-up.
Didn't build on the Final Four under Martin.
See a trend and not just one sport? Does this manifest at a level higher than just the coaches? Possibly AD level?

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
See a trend and not just one sport? Does this manifest at a level higher than just the coaches? Possibly AD level?
Our overall history is one of mediocrity, occasionally punctuated by short-lived flashes of brilliance.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
WBB

SouthernBelly

Sep 16, 2024
And a raise of 2x your salary for having two good days on the job?
Had a lengthy reply but it didn’t post. Here’s the tldr version:
Making the same mistakes as was done with Muschamp’s contracts. The people making these decisions evidently learn nothing. So it seems mediocrity is indeed the standard for football.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Possibly.

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
Had a lengthy reply but it didn’t post. Here’s the tldr version:
Making the same mistakes as was done with Muschamp’s contracts. The people making these decisions evidently learn nothing. So it seems mediocrity is indeed the standard for football.
It's not just Carolina, though. It's every program. The ADs jump to extend and raise a coach at the first sign of life in a program, long-term consequences be damned.

PD-Cock

Jan 29, 2022
I'm not concern with other schools. Frankly, its past time for us to speak w/ our pocketbook. If enough commit to this & stick together. Change will come. Or, whither & die on the vine.
Those in charge, get free tickets, huge paychecks, other perks of which most, like me only dream about. And they make the decisions we wind up enduring.
We don't have to endure another 100 years of mediocrity.
If that's their desire, let it wither & die, on the vine.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login