SEC after 8 weeks

patdog

May 28, 2007
Pretty clear to me NIL, transfer portal and 12 team playoffs have lowered the quality of the teams week in and week out.
How could it not? When everyone is bringing in new key players just a couple of months before the season starts, how can you build a team culture and get everyone on the same page and comfortable playing together like you could back in the days when players usually stayed at the same school for 4 years?

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
How could it not? When everyone is bringing in new key players just a couple of months before the season starts, how can you build a team culture and get everyone on the same page and comfortable playing together like you could back in the days when players usually stayed at the same school for 4 years?
Army, Navy, and BYU are 20-0. The military schools are self explanatory for roster continuity and I know BYU deemphasized the portal for 2024. Might be something to this roster development concept. But how do you do it as a low resource SEC team and keep your roster from thing picked apart by vultures year over year?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Army, Navy, and BYU are 20-0. The military schools are self explanatory for roster continuity and I know BYU deemphasized the portal for 2024. Might be something to this roster development concept. But how do you do it as a low resource SEC team and keep your roster from thing picked apart by vultures year over year?
Niches, and strategic intentionality with the money. Really sucks that Leach died.

Reactions: skydawg1

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
SEC Championship Game could be a selection mess
SEC fanbases with two weeks to go figuring out how they get to Atlanta:

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Coast_Dawg

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
My SEC power rankings:
  1. Georgia
  2. Tennessee
  3. Alabama
  4. Texas
  5. LSU
  6. Texas A&M
  7. Ole Miss
  8. Missouri
  9. South Carolina
  10. Florida
  11. Oklahoma
  12. Vanderbilt
  13. Arkansas
  14. Kentucky
  15. Auburn
  16. Mississippi State

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Pretty clear to me NIL, transfer portal and 12 team playoffs have lowered the quality of the teams week in and week out.

Might change in Dec / Jan though.
I’d argue it’s more that Bama isn’t Bama. And had that been case in past years we would see the sec in a similar light.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login