Seeing Flimpas on Twitter today made me think of other words/phrases I hate...

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
jim halpert GIF

patdog

May 28, 2007
Did they flip their own recruit again? It was a big deal the first time, but it got lame pretty quickly.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Can't believe I've used "Flipmas" and "Freezus" without thinking you prolly shouldn't. I know those who do are not being intentionally blaphemous but maybe God doesn't like those 2 words. Dunno, I'm no Theologian. Or maybe God just goes "Meh".

"Happy Holidays" always irks me though.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Sorry, I live out of state where they are just another team. Even when I did live there we did not hand out cigars and shots based on the players we signed or they signed. Guess you have to get your jollies from somewhere. Here's your prize.

Vaseline Hml407 GIF by truTV’s Hack My Life

What is a Flipmas? Do other teams celebrate like this or is it only for the "entitled" few?

Reactions: SoulCatcher

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Can't believe I've used "Flipmas" and "Freezus" without thinking you prolly shouldn't. I know those who do are not being intentionally blaphemous but maybe God doesn't like those 2 words. Dunno, I'm no Theologian. Or maybe God just goes "Meh".

Why on earth would Happy Holidays irk you? It's literally "which ever Holy Days you celebrate, hope it's happy". Fair enough that where many of us live, 99% of folks celebrate Christmas... which is a Holy Day.

Reactions: Motodawg

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Why on earth would Happy Holidays irk you? It's literally "which ever Holy Days you celebrate, hope it's happy". Fair enough that where many of us live, 99% of folks celebrate Christmas... which is a Holy Day.
But outta those 99%, much less celebrate "The Reason for The Season" and only do so for the commercialization aspect of Christmas. "Happy Holidays" is nothing but political correctness intended to make sure Non Christians aren't offended which is BS IMO and intentionally ignores the origins of Christmas.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

I would really hope that He doesnt care if someone takes the word 'Christmas', which doesnt exactly appear in scripture and isnt even His actual birthday, and turns it into a portmanteau.

But outta those 99%, much less celebrate "The Reason for The Season" and only do so for the commercialization aspect of Christmas. "Happy Holidays" is nothing but political correctness intended to make sure Non Christians aren't offended which is BS IMO and intentionally ignores the origins of Christmas.
I hear New Year's is also a holiday. So it can just be a way to express good wishes for the holiday season(Christmas, Hanukkah, New Year's, Festivus).

I do understand- you want it to be Christmas specific instead of more general and inclusive. Im not really saying you are wrong, just providing some further discussion.

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
'Everything happens for a reason.' - if this is what you want to say, just dont say anything.
'Literally!' - said in a teenage girl voice as a way of agreeing with whatever complaint or claim another girl just made.
'I know, right?!' - said in a teenage girl voice as a way of agreeing with whatever complaint or claim another girl just made.
'I could care less' - how much less could you care and why are you telling us? I would think you COULDNT care less.
'Sorry not sorry' - just a way to say 'im gonna be an ******* here' without just saying that.
'We are building the plane as we fly it.' - well thats just dumb to do, so creating a business initiative in that manner is also dumb.
'For the gram' - just...17 that.

If anyone wants to discuss this further, we can take the discussion offline and have a 1 on 1 brainstorm session to increase our bandwidth on the issue. That way we can leverage our collective learning and implement it in a collaborative manner which should result in a diverse approach to our next team building activity.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
When Kellum acts like he's some 18 year old douchebag student and calls the players by their nickname or whatever...like "Snoop" or "Keep feeding Moncrief!" It's bad enough when OM fans do it obsessively.

Last edited:
Reactions: dgsmith15

Big Sheep81

Feb 24, 2008
I would really hope that He doesnt care if someone takes the word 'Christmas', which doesnt exactly appear in scripture and isnt even His actual birthday, and turns it into a portmanteau.

I hear New Year's is also a holiday. So it can just be a way to express good wishes for the holiday season(Christmas, Hanukkah, New Year's, Festivus).

I do understand- you want it to be Christmas specific instead of more general and inclusive. Im not really saying you are wrong, just providing some further discussion.
Ditto**

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Christmas is LITERALLY a Holiday (Holy Day). And yes, if you're not sure if someone celebrates Christmas, Happy Holidays works there too. It's like your Granny's nightgown, it covers everything.

Season's Greetings!

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Christmas is LITERALLY a Holiday (Holy Day). And yes, if you're not sure if someone celebrates Christmas, Happy Holidays works there too. It's like your Granny's nightgown, it covers everything.

Season's Greetings!
Considering that the time of year that was chosen to celebrate Christ's birth was related to the winter solstice celebrations and Rome becoming a "Christian nation" fixed the date for Christmas at 12/25, the normally celebrated day for Solstice, i think that much is being made about nothing as well. Seems that many get up in arms about having to share Christmas with other celebrations while not even understanding the genesis of their own.

Christmas date - Saturnalia date in Rome
Christmas tree - evergreen trees celebrated as the return of life that the solstice signified
Ornaments - Apples hung on the evergreen trees
Gifts - part of winter solstice
Mistletoe - Druids thought is was an all powerful healing item; was initially banned by English churches because of its pagan roots

Puritans banned Christmas early on in America before it just got too popular.

In other breaking news, it is almost certain that Christ wasn't born on 12/25, or even in December.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Little Brother. Flipmas. What are yours?
Hotty Toddy. I think it is impossible for Ole Miss people to realize how stupid that really is to the normal population. Seeing grown men excitedly hotty toddy make me cringe. I'll also add that there is a generational gap of public "Hailstaters". Unless I'm at a sporting event, or in town (like Tampa) for a bowl game, I don't like being hailstated any more than I like hearing people war eagle or hotty toddy. I'm old...

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login