SELA Instant Reaction Thread

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Jackie used to say you improve the most between your first game and the second game.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
No way to earn an A against FCS opponent, so I’ll give them a C. Defense was one play away from pitching a shutout, and Will missed on some early throws he normally makes. Should’ve been a B.

Also, the jerseys looked great without the banner.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I'm tarred of all these big plays. Why can't we get back to 3 yards and a cloud of dust ? We just ain't physical enough. Will only completed 69% of his passes. What about the other 31% ?? And what was his longest pass ? 33 yards ?? Unacceptable. Far Barbay. He shoulda started Wright*******
Three yards and a cloud of dust is pretty much what the air raid is built on. The dust is just outside and not inside.

Aug 27, 2012
The big plays were nice but they also concern me a little the way they skewed the offensive stats. Will we be able to have those same types of big plays against the top 2/3 of the SEC? Will we be able to run the ball effectively against that top 2/3 without a running threat at QB in the game?
I was asking the same questions during the game. Glad I’m not the only one concerned that we only scored when added by a big play & didn’t score once without them.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
I was asking the same questions during the game. Glad I’m not the only one concerned that we only scored when added by a big play & didn’t score once without them.
Confused Mark Wahlberg GIF

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
We aren’t getting big plays against solid sec defenses & showed no ability to sustain long scoring drives against an FCS.
Wow, that is a lot of assuming. Will revisit in a couple of weeks once we’ve actually played one of those solid SEC defenses. Neither of those things entered my mind after that game. I guess to make sure I understand, we only hit big plays in the game, but those plays weren’t big enough for us to pull them off against solid defenses?

Aug 27, 2012
Wow, that is a lot of assuming. Will revisit in a couple of weeks once we’ve actually played one of those solid SEC defenses. Neither of those things entered my mind after that game. I guess to make sure I understand, we only hit big plays in the game, but those plays weren’t big enough for us to pull them off against solid defenses?
My concern is can this offense drive 70-75 yards in 12,14 plays & get points when the “big play” isn’t happening. It concerned me that yesterday we didn’t do that without some 40,50 yard chunk play. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad they happened & the offense has that ability, just concerned how it turns out when they don’t get them.
Kinda like last year’s basketball team, we couldn’t shoot the 3 & when defenses forced us to shoot them, well you know how that went. We’ll see.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
My concern is can this offense drive 70-75 yards in 12,14 plays & get points when the “big play” isn’t happening. It concerned me that yesterday we didn’t do that without some 40,50 yard chunk play. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad they happened & the offense has that ability, just concerned how it turns out when they don’t get them.
Kinda like last year’s basketball team, we couldn’t shoot the 3 & when defenses forced us to shoot them, well you know how that went. We’ll see.
This is making my head hurt. We had 11 possessions. We punted twice (1st and 3rd possession) and we all lost our sht. But then we didn't punt again, including none in the second half (turned it over on downs once). 7 of 11 possessions ended in points. I guess the players could have taken a knee once they'd gone more than 4 yards in a play, but their big plays because the defense didn't stop them.

Reactions: drumrcraig
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login