Shane is not going anywhere for at least a couple of years so...

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
we need to really look at what does need to be done with this program. What is working and what is not.

What is working - Shane is doing really well all things considered in recruiting. We are doing really well right now but losing alot in a row will hurt.
Shane cares about the players and they really like him. I think most respect him and that is biggest key but they at least like him.
Shane knows the fans are a big part of it and is trying to connect fans and team as much as possible.

What isnt working - Shanes hiring of assistants has been overall less than stellar. I have gotten 99% of the way to saying Teasley is NOT working for o-line. That one percent is held out hope it will turn around but doubtful. The offensive coordinator hires have been really bad and to do this on top of muschamp debacle of OC hires makes it more frustrating. I think Loggains is a great guy but it is not working at all. We need to move Elliot to full time o-line coach and get a better OC that at least makes the games exciting. If we are going to lose cant it at least be like the LSU game where it was 36-33 and the offense did a few good things rather than 27-3 where offense was as bad as possible.
Shane is liked by the players but the respect part I mentioned is bigger. If they respect him they will not do the stupid things they do like Stewarts machine gun non-sense. I know Shane doesnt promote that and is about class but if players dont respect him then they wont listen. As much as I hate to say it, if you want their attention and respect, enforce discipline and that means tell Stewart he will not play against Alabama and then tell others if they act that way, they will not play as well. It will stop that non-sense.
Shane tries to tell us what he thinks we want to hear but we are tired of hearing it. He needs to quit saying they need to coach better and all that and actually COACH better. Talk is cheap, as they say. Stop telling us what is wrong and do something about it. Saying the same thing over and over falls on deaf ears anymore.

I like Shane and truly want him to succeed but as much as it pains me to say this, he needs to go to the Dabo school of CEO coaching. Go get genuine top of the line coaches and then let them do their thing and you handle the media and fan obligations and close in recruiting. Dabo was successful because of Venables, Morris, Elliot, etc. Shane needs to cut ties with coaches not working and go get the best he can find, not experiments.

Reactions: USClight

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Probably not, but a lot will depend on whoever the new AD is.

If it's an AD serious about winning, performances as embarrassing as the one we put up on Saturday won't help his cause.

Piscis

Aug 31, 2024
Shane is in WAY over his head. The SEC is not the place for OJT for a head coach. Giving him the big raise after the "blind hog/nut" ending to the 2022 season was a huge mistake. No one was going to hire him away. A regular raise and a pat on the back was all he deserved. Now, he has generational wealth no matter what he does going forward.

Of course Shane "likes it here", who wouldn't? He is Dabo without the wins and without the top level assistants.

Reactions: 92Pony

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I looked it up. He fired his original OC, then brought in that up tempo guy and they took off.

Yep. He fired Napier and hired Morris. Their offense really took off under Morris. It was part of Dabo's evolution as a coach as he made successively smarter and smarter hires, seemingly upgrading every time he replaced a coach.

LonghornsGamecocks

Feb 24, 2024
Probably not, but a lot will depend on whoever the new AD is.

If it's an AD serious about winning, performances as embarrassing as the one we put up on Saturday won't help his cause.
This. We have an opportunity to hire a visionary AD at a revolutionary time for the college sports industrial economic complex. I have no faith in the BoT to actually hire that visionary AD. But if we do, Shane is at risk this year.

LonghornsGamecocks

Feb 24, 2024
Shane is in WAY over his head.
Recall this anonymous quote from another SEC coach over the 2024 offseason:

Said one coach, "I think Shane Beamer is on the hot seat. He's had some issues with the portal, NIL...Beamer wasn't ready for [this]. You can tell by the way he handles his press conferences. He's had a few big wins, yes. But I see that program dead in the water."

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
This. We have an opportunity to hire a visionary AD at a revolutionary time for the college sports industrial economic complex. I have no faith in the BoT to actually hire that visionary AD. But if we do, Shane is at risk this year.

Take a page from the UT play book.

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
Recall this anonymous quote from another SEC coach over the 2024 offseason:

Said one coach, "I think Shane Beamer is on the hot seat. He's had some issues with the portal, NIL...Beamer wasn't ready for [this]. You can tell by the way he handles his press conferences. He's had a few big wins, yes. But I see that program dead in the water."
Sounds a bit like a coach who got one of our former players through the portal.

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
aint nobody got time for that GIF

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
To the OP's point, is Shane being here through next year a foregone conculsion?

Certainly the new AD will want to make the next hire. Will that new AD be in place soon enough to make the hire 3 months from now?

Perhaps that timing alone guarantees Shane a 5th year.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
To the OP's point, is Shane being here through next year a foregone conculsion?

Certainly the new AD will want to make the next hire. Will that new AD be in place soon enough to make the hire 3 months from now?

Perhaps that timing alone guarantees Shane a 5th year.
In my opinion, whether Shane gets a 5th year depends on 2 things: 1. Most importantly, how we finish; 2. Secondarily,and I do mean secondarily, how Clemson finishes.

Shane has lucked out that Clemson is not the Top 5 program it was when Muschamp was here. I see that they are back in the Top 10. If Clemson finishes strong and does well in the playoffs, while we finish like we did Saturday, Beamer surviving beyond this season would be a coin toss. My guess is he would likely survive, making next season make or break for him. Then a new AD would make the hire, if necessary.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
In my opinion, whether Shane gets a 5th year depends on 2 things: 1. Most importantly, how we finish; 2. Secondarily,and I do mean secondarily, how Clemson finishes.

Shane has lucked out that Clemson is not the Top 5 program it was when Muschamp was here. I see that they are back in the Top 10. If Clemson finishes strong and does well in the playoffs, while we finish like we did Saturday, Beamer surviving beyond this season would be a coin toss. My guess is he would likely survive, making next season make or break for him. Then a new AD would make the hire, if necessary.

True.

Do we know the timing for the new AD hire? That alone could push any new hire to after next season, regardless of how we finish.

Imho, we win just enough, say 5, that we will give Shane more time. And the new AD will hire a consulting firm in his first week for new football coaching candidates for after the 2025 season.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login