So Maybe Mike Leach Was Right About UFO's?

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Maybe. But here's a fun exercise. Think of the most advanced flying object the USA had that you know about, and go look up when it was first being flight tested. Look at the time elapsed since then and think of what we may be testing now.

It's element 115 (moscovium)......It has anti gravity properties..........Oh yeah, go look up Bob Lazar......The guvment been after him for years....

Reactions: AROB44

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
It's element 115 (moscovium)......It has anti gravity properties..........Oh yeah, go look up Bob Lazar......The guvment been after him for years....
The lunatic that ran a prostitution ring and was convicted of shipping illegal chamicals across state lines? If you believe him boy do I have some prime real estate in Florida you should buy off me.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The lunatic that ran a prostitution ring and was convicted of shipping illegal chamicals across state lines? If you believe him boy do I have some prime real estate in Florida you should buy off me.
I'm not a professional, but I'm pretty sure he's got some pretty serious mental illness and delusion issues as well.

Reactions: RocketDawg

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
If you trust the government I have some property in Dubai listed with Sotheby's International I'll sell cheap, exclusivley to you of course......As Ronald Reagan once said, "The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
Truth of the matter is probably somewhere in between to be quite honest......

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Our house. My neighborhood is built on a Civil War Camp Site. Also, the house I grew up in. It was built in 1851. The Ghost in my house both my wife and daughter have seen them. It is five of them. I think they are just passing through. Two Union soldiers one of which is African American and one Confederate. There is also a little boy and girl. I have only seen the little boy and the Confederate soldier. I also watch the door going into the garage open up. It was partially open so the cat could come in. So, I thought it was the cat but when I looked, I saw a short dark shadow walking down the hallway. I don't do drugs or consume alcohol in any form. I know what I saw. They don't mess with us, so I don't worry about them.
I've heard some really cool stories like that. I've heard several ghost stories that surround the Civil War. As far as believing goes, I do and it's really simple why do. I have seen one. Heard a lot of stuff go bump in the night, but I only saw one. I was very close with my cousin, who drowned while I was gone out of state to visit my father. He came back to visit me one night at my grandmothers. I never told anybody for a long time.

I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and there he was at the end of the hallway, sitting at the end of the table. I know it's gonna sound weird but he had this weird light around him. Best way I can describe it. I thought I was sleeping, so I stepped into the bathroom, looked at myself in the mirror and stepped back out. He was still sitting there. He was at the kitchen table with playing cards in his hands and smoking on a cigar, smiling. I stepped into the bathroom, one more time and stepped out, and he was gone.

A few decades later, I was relating the story on a Halloween weekend to his mother who I never mentioned it before because she was very sensitive about the issue and I never thought about it. I was quite sure that it was stupid so I had never mentioned it, but I decided to go ahead and talk about it since it was Halloween. I imagined that his actions were so ludicrous that she would just start laughing at me. When I told her the story she just smiled slightly, sighed, and said when his favorite things in the world was spending the weekend sitting around with his buddies, playing poker and smoking cigars.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I used to think this, but the chances of our own Earth actually existing is as close to 0% as you can get without being 0.
100 percent of sightings are explainable phenomenon or misidentified things.

As for advanced civilizations out there. Maybe, maybe not. With a sample size of one, we have no way of knowing if life on Earth is unique. We suspect it's not, but we don't know. We also have no way of knowing how rare it would be for advanced life to evolve from simple single-cell life (which I strongly suspect is abundant in the universe, but again we just don't know).
I’m aware of this. I’m saying almost everything can be explained as something from earth.

There’s probably life out there somewhere, the likeliness of it being intelligent enough to travel to earth is very very very slim.

Theres at least 100 billion stars in the Milky Way and on average each star has at least one planet. Let’s assume it’s just one. If you use Drakes Equation that comes out roughly to 1 in 60 billion of having an “advanced” civilization. So not very good odds. If you consider neighboring galaxies it increases exponentially but it would be pretty impossible to jump galaxies. So yes, earth is very unique.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I’m aware of this. I’m saying almost everything can be explained as something from earth.

There’s probably life out there somewhere, the likeliness of it being intelligent enough to travel to earth is very very very slim.

Theres at least 100 billion stars in the Milky Way and on average each star has at least one planet. Let’s assume it’s just one. If you use Drakes Equation that comes out roughly to 1 in 60 billion of having an “advanced” civilization. So not very good odds. If you consider neighboring galaxies it increases exponentially but it would be pretty impossible to jump galaxies. So yes, earth is very unique

You haven't watched a Marvel movie. They explain space travel very well.

Guardians Of The Galaxy Ship GIF by Leroy Patterson

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Are you on team “it came about instantly out of nothing”?
The Bible is pretty clear that God created things out of a void. If a void is the absence of everything, then yes, I am on that team.
And if God is God, it could be instantly or it could be over a period of billions upon billions of traveled light years.
The Genesis story is a beautiful poem/story written to help the early Hebrews understand God and God's love for us our world. And that is all.

Last edited:
Reactions: vandaldawg

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
I’m not saying there is other intelligent life out there but “what purpose” is a bad argument.

why did we go to the moon
Why are we trying to go to mars

Thwre are lots of reasons why.
'Because it's there' is A reason, I'll grant you that.
But the moon and mars are pretty damn close. Pollux and Castor (for the Bob Lazar fans) are near 50 light years away. LIGHT YEARS.
Again only massless particles can travel at LIGHT SPEED.
In other words nothing, other than light, has been observed or confirmed to travel at light speed.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
And those Biblical day writers had mighty a firm grasp on the complexities of the universe. ***

SIX DAYS, my white dog's dirty derriere.
If you look at the order of the days, it tracks pretty closely.
Biblically, it was Light -> air/firmament -> Ground/plants -> Sun/moon/stars -> Birds and sea creatures -> Land animals/humans -> The Sabbath

If you switch Sun/moon/stars into the second spot it's pretty much spot on. Not bad for guessing. Also the 'days' are obviously not days as we consider them. You could view them as epochs or phases, if it makes you feel better.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Biblically, it was Light -> air/firmament -> Ground/plants -> Sun/moon/stars -> Birds and sea creatures -> Land animals/humans -> The Sabbath

If you switch Sun/moon/stars into the second spot it's pretty much spot on. Not bad for guessing. Also the 'days' are obviously not days as we consider them. You could view them as epochs or phases, if it makes you feel better.
That's exactly how view it. And I will readily admit that I am not all that bright...
just bemused and befuddled by the biblical literalists and 6,000 year old earth crowd.
Flat-earthers make more sense.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Not only that, but time has been observed to move differently at higher altitudes. Very VERY small amounts of difference, but observable nonetheless. So if you consider that the universe is constantly expanding, a logical person can deduce that creation and the big bang can (and likely do) coexist. And not only that, time is on a parabolic curve based on the expansion of the universe, and we've been in that 'closer and closer but never touch' part of the curve for about 6,000 years (approximately).

And didn't dudes live a lot longer back in the day? At least in terms of 'our' years. Or maybe it's the reverse, because they obviously tracked time back then too.

Reactions: patdog

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
That's exactly how view it. And I will readily admit that I am not all that bright...
just bemused and befuddled by the biblical literalists and 6,000 year old earth crowd.
Flat-earthers make more sense.
It matches up even more when you think that many dinosaurs had bird bone structure. Fish/Foul

Reactions: DoggieDaddy13

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
It matches up even more when you think that many dinosaurs had bird bone structure. Fish/Foul
I still have people (even loved ones - some 40 years younger than me) trying to convince me that fossils were put on earth by Satan to confuse us.
AS IF we weren't confused enough already.

• Haha

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I still have people (even loved ones - some 40 years younger than me) trying to convince me that fossils were put on earth by Satan to confuse us.
AS IF we weren't confused enough already.
Seems to me that fossils were formed due to something catastrophic. Hmmm, wonder what that could have been? Maybe something about 4,800 years ago? Seems to coincide with a lot of things to me.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
'Because it's there' is A reason, I'll grant you that.
But the moon and mars are pretty damn close. Pollux and Castor (for the Bob Lazar fans) are near 50 light years away. LIGHT YEARS.
Again only massless particles can travel at LIGHT SPEED.
In other words nothing, other than light, has been observed or confirmed to travel at light speed.
You asked why would they.

that’s a simple and logical answer. We’d go further than the moon and mars if we could. And we might one day.

I also understand your physics points but we learn new stuff daily.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I always find it amusing that man deals in such absolutes when it comes to science because I have lived long enough to watch that absolute line get shattered when something new comes to light. Usually, it begins at the point that everyone agreed that that fact was supposed set in stone.

The one thing that man has just proven is that he does not really have the answer for everything and is not as smart as he thinks he is.

I believe that probably goes for defining God as well, for those that try I'm pretty sure we would not actually fit what all God might be inside our minds, even a little bit.

All of this does not mean that we shouldn't ask why. How else would we learn.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Seems to me that fossils were formed due to something catastrophic. Hmmm, wonder what that could have been? Maybe something about 4,800 years ago? Seems to coincide with a lot of things to me.

I'm unfamiliar with a catastrophic event 4,800 years ago. But I do know that fossils were formed after a catastrophic event or series of events around 65,000,000 years ago after living on earth for nearly 200,000,000 years.

life on earth.jpg

Reactions: patdog

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
You asked why would they.

that’s a simple and logical answer. We’d go further than the moon and mars if we could. And we might one day.

I also understand your physics points but we learn new stuff daily.
That, but "aliens" also falls within the boundaries of known science if you consider drones and AI. Would an alien go to the trouble of transporting their physical body to our solar system by our understanding of what is possible? No, not for any rational reason. But sending drones controlled by AI? Why not?

Reactions: DoggieDaddy13

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I'm unfamiliar with a catastrophic event 4,800 years ago. But I do know that fossils were formed after a catastrophic event or series of events around 65,000,000 years ago after living on earth for nearly 200,000,000 years.

View attachment 319042
Great Flood, bruh. It's kinda been proven. Even National Geographic agrees that they can be formed in that realm of time, at least in our understanding of that level of time: https://education.nationalgeographic.org/resource/fossil/

They say 10,000 years to form. I think assuming that the oil we're drilling now was formed during the Great Flood is more than plausible. I don't think they just 'form' over time. I think something had to happen to seal them all in the way we find them today.

And by the way, I'm not arguing. I think I more agree with you than not.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Great Flood, bruh. It's kinda been proven. Even National Geographic agrees that they can be formed in that realm of time, at least in our understanding of that level of time: https://education.nationalgeographic.org/resource/fossil/

They say 10,000 years to form. I think assuming that the oil we're drilling now was formed during the Great Flood is more than plausible. I don't think they just 'form' over time. I think something had to happen to seal them all in the way we find them today.

I gotcha, OG! And in the spirit of ML and Bulldog brotherhood, let's just leave it at that.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

ancient aliens GIF

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
The Bible is pretty clear that God created things out of a void. If a void is the absence of everything, then yes, I am on that team.
And if God is God, it could be instantly or it could be over a period of billions upon billions of traveled light years.
The Genesis story is a beautiful poem/story written to help the early Hebrews understand God and God's love for us our world. And that is all.
I guess both groups believe everything came from nothing. One believes there was divine intervention and the other believes it just did somehow.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I guess both groups believe everything came from nothing. One believes there was divine intervention and the other believes it just did somehow.
I don't think @DoggieDaddy13 is saying there's no God or anything like that. I think he's more saying that thinking the Earth is only 6,000 years old (as we understand time) is kinda silly.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
That, but "aliens" also falls within the boundaries of known science if you consider drones and AI. Would an alien go to the trouble of transporting their physical body to our solar system by our understanding of what is possible? No, not for any rational reason. But sending drones controlled by AI? Why not?
If aliens exist “our understanding of what’s possible” is meaningless.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Any honest scientist has to answer “we don’t know” if God caused the Big Bang. Because science does not know. There are a few guesses out there, but they’re completely unsupported by any evidence.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Brew_Dawg

Jun 29, 2018
When I was a student worker at Raspet on the Honda jet project, we were told we could discuss it with family and friends but were told not even acknowledge knowing of it if asked about it by the press. I was speaking with the test pilot one day who was a retired Air Force test pilot. We were talking about how it was so much easier for him to talk about work with his wife then than it was when he was in the Air Force. I then asked him what all he had seen as he was walking away to a meeting. He stopped, turned about halfway around and said "I've seen **** in the air you wouldn't believe existed" then turned and walked to his meeting.
My cousin is kind of in the same boat. She studies acoustics in astrophysics and our family is only allowed to know what State she lives in. Crazy how tight lipped some of that stuff can be.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Sorry, but I call preachers out on this misrepresentation all the time:
This New Testament verse (Peter) is in reference to God's patience with us and our repentance. And not the creation story from the book of Genesis.
Apology accepted. You saying Jesus can’t hit a curve ball?

Genesis 2:17

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”

Adam lived 983 years. He died in the timeframe God said he would. Within a day. The Bible, when understood literally and figuratively becomes a lot easier to reconcile For me. I’m not trying to argue btw, I actually like discussing opposing viewpoints.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
My cousin is kind of in the same boat. She studies acoustics in astrophysics and our family is only allowed to know what State she lives in. Crazy how tight lipped some of that stuff can be.
So you’re telling me you don’t know what city in which your cousin lives? Okay buddy. You sound like one of those typical douchey Huntsville ‘classified’ contractors.

You’re either lying (intentionally) or dumb.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Apology accepted. You saying Jesus can’t hit a curve ball?

Genesis 2:17

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”

Adam lived 983 years. He died in the timeframe God said he would. Within a day. The Bible, when understood literally and figuratively becomes a lot easier to reconcile For me. I’m not trying to argue btw, I actually like discussing opposing viewpoints.
It’s a great discussion and it’s a fun debate to me as well. All that matters to me in the end is we all believe that God did it. Everything else is just trivial.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
I didn't read much of this thread but from my experience UFO's have existed since at least 1977. I walked out of my house one night in '77 or '78 to get something out of my dad's truck and saw something that I'll never forget. Don't give damn what the gubmnt was testing back then. What I saw wasn't gubmnt issue. Closed the truck door and looked across the road to the tall Holly trees that line the right side of Humphrey County Country Club and saw it. An oval shaped GLOWING red something hovering over #1 fairway and doing nothing but hovering. Saw it and was so scared so much that I couldn't make myself move for 4-5 seconds. Got inside, gave my dad what he asked for and jumped in our rocking chair and didn't say anything to my parents about what I had seen for fear that it would come get in my sleep. I was 8 or 9 and freaked the 17 out. Y'all can say and believe what you want about this subject but I know what I saw that night in Silver City and I know that UFOs exist.

Last edited:

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Maybe Morningstar can weigh in with some stuff.
Aliens? Not really my thing but I will say it is arrogant for humans to think they are the only intelligent life in the universe.

Also as far as Coach Leach being right I tend to find life is easier when I assume CL was pretty much right about everything.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login