So, we’ve paid Selmon what?…..almost $6 MM for one SEC win ?

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Selmon thinks he is the smartest man in the room and it shows. It's an emperor has no clothes situation. His "passionate" statement he sends out seem hollow to me and I truly think he's always looking for the next best thing. We are MSU, I give money I go to games I have season tickets and I'm just don't feel like the AD in really all in to make us successful. He wants platitudes such as "40 under 40" on his resume to get him to the next gig. This game today shows it. I was unable to make the game (death in family) but I watched as I could and the attendance was poor at the start from what I could see and by halftime it looked like a spring game. I will continue to give and support but don't come at me with excellence funds and asking for more money when I just don't think he truly cares beyond his own future job!

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
This is what happens when you go DEI!
I wonder if that’s the case and I’m starting to think Keenum didn’t make this hire, the SEC did. The SEC needed to show it was making progress on its DEI initiative and MSU was just the school to start with. He is obviously not qualified for the position.

• Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiatives. The SEC announced establishment of a new Conference bylaw designed to encourage, facilitate and assist its member universities in attracting and hiring individuals from historically underrepresented groups to serve as leaders within their athletics departments, particularly as directors of athletics, senior woman administrators and head coaches. (June 3, 2021)

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Selmon thinks he is the smartest man in the room and it shows. It's an emperor has no clothes situation. His "passionate" statement he sends out seem hollow to me and I truly think he's always looking for the next best thing. We are MSU, I give money I go to games I have season tickets and I'm just don't feel like the AD in really all in to make us successful. He wants platitudes such as "40 under 40" on his resume to get him to the next gig. This game today shows it. I was unable to make the game (death in family) but I watched as I could and the attendance was poor at the start from what I could see and by halftime it looked like a spring game. I will continue to give and support but don't come at me with excellence funds and asking for more money when I just don't think he truly cares beyond his own future job!
You pretty much nailed it

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I’m starting to think Keenum didn’t make this hire, the SEC did.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Enjoy the next half decade of suckitude. You earned it
I said that was exactly what we were facing when Leach left for whatever reason, at best. I said it when we hired him. It was THE main reason I didn't want to hire him. I would say you made it happen, but I know better than that.

I was commenting on the DEI crap by the way. I'm not surprised you didn't get that.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I hate Selmon continued the push for the &tatel logo started by Cohen.

Regarding football, he should have hired Odom. Assuming the Odom rumors were true, he was a good fit for MSU and an experienced HC. Huge mistake there. But hindsight is 20/20.

Yall are crazy if you expected him to fire Lemonis right away. Basketball is good. The other sports, soccer.......seem to be doing Ok.

With that said, Selmon has done an excellent job of getting NIL off the ground in the middle of all the changes taking place with the NCAA settlement. On top of all that, he is dealing with an Athletic Department that has the least financial and fan support (other than Vandy) in the SEC. If Selmon can get the State excellence fund Rolling smoothly to fund the department that manages NIL and transfers and evaluation.......he will have worked a miracle at Mississippi State.

Another thing, I don't know all the details of what is going among financial backers, the Athletic Department and academic side......but it is a bad bad sign that two alumni sat in the AD chair and both left for other SEC institutions. Is there something there that is running our own people off? Regardless, Selmon took the job at a time when many others probably would not have. He is doing a good job with the changing financial landscape. Which is a very important piece of his job.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoronDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login