So what was happening in the secondary yesterday?....

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Arky completed several very long passes of 68, 58, and 44 yards from a QB that was said couldn't throw. We did get it corrected finally but what in the world was going on? Was it lack of pressure, just blown coverage or both?

I must say though kudos to the defense for stiffening up and limiting them in the red zone. That goal line stand was a thing of beauty.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Arky completed several very long passes of 68, 58, and 44 yards from a QB that was said couldn't throw. We did get it corrected finally but what in the world was going on? Was it lack of pressure, just blown coverage or both?

I must say though kudos to the defense for stiffening up and limiting them in the red zone. That goal line stand was a thing of beauty.
Any time you have a QB scrambling, there is going to be a high likelihood of a DB losing track of a WR long enough for the WR to get some separation. It seemed extreme on Saturday; they weren't just a little open on some of those plays. But one of them somebody definitely screwed up their assignment in a zone and failed to take the deeper responsibility like they're supposed to.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008

D-Cam just kind of fell asleep on one. He was with the guy and I think assumed would not get thrown on.

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
The long touchdown throw was lack of pressure. He had all day to just wait for that play to develop downfield. Any pressure at all would have easily ended that play

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
D-Cam just kind of fell asleep on one. He was with the guy and I think assumed would not get thrown on.
The D-Cam play killed me. It looked like he was in good position and tried to undercut the route. Just didn't make a good read on the ball.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login