So where do we go from here?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
So who else is saying this team has 10-win talent? Not Vegas, the over/under for wins is 6.5. Not 247, they rank our roster #28 in the country and below 6 SEC teams on our schedule. Not SEC coaches, they have no MSU players on 1st team, two on 2nd team, and three on 3rd team preseason this year (only 4 players total since Tulu made both 2nd team offense and 3rd team special teams). Literally NOBODY other than you is saying this is a 10-win roster.
Did he say 10 wins THIS season, or is it an aggregate number across the lifetime of the rostered players?***

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Those are some pretty thick maroon colored glasses to think that an MSU team could gameplan with a barebones vanilla offense against a decent Power 5 opponent and expect an easy win.

I doubt Mrs. Barbay is even that much of a believer. I think the reality is this guy had no clue what he’s doing with this roster. It be better figured out damn fast.

it’s obvious that we are getting NOTHING from any tight end so that is the point of putting them in the game.
Lol yeah that's the optimistic side. I don't need to share my fears because most others are already hitting the nail on the head.

Arnett has said some good things in his post games. I don't like how he seems overwhelmed when he responds though. Hoping that is just new HC jitters. He also knows we should've lost last night.

We've played 2 bad games and won both. We'll see if he's a HC who can make the changes necessary to produce a good product. We haven't come close to playing a full football game yet

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
LSU has zero actual game film to study. Practically zero.
Perhaps we underestimated Arizona and the game plan last night was a deliberate attempt to hide things from LSU and it almost bit us in the rear. Our first game and second game offensive game plans were very different. Yes, we ran more in both games, but they can’t be very confident in exactly what to prepare for next week. I think next week will be a lot more passing and a totally wide open plan. The magnum version of what we saw in game one if you will. They have enough sense to know that last night won’t get it next week. If not, they can circle by here and someone will tell them what to do.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Perhaps we underestimated Arizona and the game plan last night was a deliberate attempt to hide things from LSU and it almost bit us in the rear. Our first game and second game offensive game plans were very different. Yes, we ran more in both games, but they can’t be very confident in exactly what to prepare for next week. I think next week will be a lot more passing and a totally wide open plan. The magnum version of what we saw in game one if you will. They have enough sense to know that last night won’t get it next week. If not, they can circle by here and someone will tell them what to do.
I'm a fan and always looking for hope, so what you say here doesn't sound too crazy. I'm hopeful that's what it was. And let's face it, grinding that game down to prevent a track meet was a good plan. Arizona's DL and overall defense was a liability. Their only way to beat us was in a shoot out, and it almost became one.

Aug 22, 2012
5 max… c’mon. That’s dramatic. The SEC was in shambles yesterday. No one we play this year has it figured out.
5 Is it. It's not an overreaction, it's just realistic. That win last night was a gift. I give credit to the defense for the takeaways, but a team can't count on them. If they have 2 turnovers instead of 5, they beat us by 21 and gain 600+ yards on offense.

We aren't winning a road game. Possibly UK at home is the only SEC game we have a chance to win unless AM has a major meltdown.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login