Soccer journalist Grant Wahl passes away at Qatar…

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I sometimes share his tweets here and shared one earlier today.

His brother believes it’s foul play. (Easy to say folks should be calm but when Wahl wasn’t allowed in the stadium for the USA-Wales match by a security guard because of his rainbow shirt— a little paranoia can sometimes be understandable)

• Sad
Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Terrible news. He was one of the best. I doubt even the Qataries would be that stupid. But we definitely need to get the body to the USA for a proper autopsy. Wouldn’t be anywhere near the first blood FIFA and Qatar have on their hands.

• Sad
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I sometimes share his tweets here and shared one earlier today.

His brother believes it’s foul play. (Easy to say folks should be calm but when Wahl wasn’t allowed in the stadium for the USA-Wales match by a security guard because of his rainbow shirt— a little paranoia can sometimes be understandable)

If it was foul play that sucks. Sucks either way.

but why would you go into Qatar wearing a rainbow shirt?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Terrible news. He was one of the best. I doubt even the Qataries would be that stupid. But we definitely need to get the body to the USA for a proper autopsy. Wouldn’t be anywhere near the first blood FIFA and Qatar have on their hands.
It’s horrible.

Mud84

Oct 14, 2012
Yeah - there is zero doubt in my mind that foul play is involed.

Grant was a good dude.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012

Many Americans don't understand that when you are in another country you don't have the same freedoms that you do in America. Many of these are the ones that act like America is some bastion of hatred that denies freedom. Some of these ingrates need to spend a week, a day, hell an hour in some of these other countries. They'd be begging to come back.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Many Americans don't understand that when you are in another country you don't have the same freedoms that you do in America. Many of these are the ones that act like America is some bastion of hatred that denies freedom. Some of these ingrates need to spend a week, a day, hell an hour in some of these other countries. They'd be begging to come back.
Yep, America Hater Brittney Griner says "Hold my Blunt".

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
He had been complaining of not being well the last week or so. Went to a hospital a few days before and said he had been having a rattling cough. Possibly bronchitis. It wasn’t like he was perfectly healthy and then dropped dead.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Correct. We have some issues. Everywhere does but from a “social justice” and opportunity point of view it doesn’t get much better than the good ole USofA.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
RIP. For years he was one of the prominent soccer voices. Like others have said, I don't want to be overly critical of his rainbow shirt protest, but when you're in some countries, just don't do that. Protest in a safe country. I would not be surprised if someone took him out Putin-style. People in other countries don't like anyone condemning them morally and American-style social justice activism doesn't play well in much of the world.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
When you travel you are a guest. You may not like the way the country you are in does things but it's their country and their laws. If you don't want to abide by them either don't go or don't expect Uncle Sam to bail you out if you do.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
When you travel you are a guest. You may not like the way the country you are in does things but it's their country and their laws. If you don't want to abide by them either don't go or don't expect Uncle Sam to bail you out if you do.
Unless you are an Illegal Alien coming HERE where we roll out The Red Carpet for you to schit on our door steps upon entry.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007

A lot of Americans seem to have a false sense of superiority and security outside of the country as others have said. Theres a reason she/her journalists cover their heads reporting from Sharia Law countries.

That being said, I’d be surprised if this guy was actually killed for wearing a rainbow shirt.

patdog

May 28, 2007

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
That being said, I’d be surprised if this guy was actually killed for wearing a rainbow shirt.

Exactly. Its probably more a long the lines of he was killed because he was writing intensely negative things about their country to millions of followers around the globe. Granted, that’s not any better or a more forgiveable reason. But the shirt had nothing to do with it. The US Soccer team itself even had a pride uniform, and pride crest prominently on display at all their official gathering areas around Qatar. Its not like Wahl was just a one man American pep rally for the LGBT community while he was over there. All of US Soccer’s officials have been doing the same stuff.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
And the kooks come out.
Agree that dude seems kooky, but I find it just as kooky that people literally jizzon themselves to get themselves(and their toddlers) in line for the next booster/vax etc..it’s a weird fuckingbadge to wear. And that guy was wearing it. I guess he had no choice with his wife’s position.
ed: fully Vax’d 2/21.

Last edited:

Moondawgg

Sep 30, 2022
Don't take Weed to Russia.
Don't sport Pride Gear in the Middle East.
Don't take the Fauxi Jab.
School Absorbing GIF by Bottle PR

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
You guys act like he’d never been out of the US before. He was well aware of the risks he was taking in Qatar. He didn’t just show up for the World Cup a few weeks ago with a rainbow shirt on

https://grantwahl.substack.com/p/premium-the-Qatari-chronicles-part
I don't think anyone on here insinuated that. He knew what he was doing. I think the point many on here including myself are trying to make is that these woke, SJW "America Haters" don't know how good they have it in the country they ***** about and shat on all the time.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I still think foul play. I wouldn't be shocked if he was tactically poisoned.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Lots of hate for the pride stuff in the state of Mississippi. If the rednecks see rainbow flags or even think you might be gay, they will damage your property by writing slurs with a knife ruining your cars paint job. (Seen it with my own 2 eyes) There are no laws protecting Mississippi residents against this form of hate crimes. Only on the federal level, so Let’s not act like Mississippi is all high and mighty against hate crimes.

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012
Lots of hate for the pride stuff in the state of Mississippi. If the rednecks see rainbow flags or even think you might be gay, they will damage your property by writing slurs with a knife ruining your cars paint job. (Seen it with my own 2 eyes) There are no laws protecting Mississippi residents against this form of hate crimes. Only on the federal level, so Let’s not act like Mississippi is all high and mighty against hate crimes.
There are no laws in MS protecting people from property damage because they are gay? Swing and miss with your virtue signaling buddy.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Let’s not act like MS has cornered the market on “hate crimes”. There’s plenty of crimes committed because of hate that people don’t want to think of as “hate crime” because it doesn’t fit within their tidy little box. Most vandalism is a hate crime if we’re honest about it.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Bad Take There. So it's legal to vandalize someone's property in Mississippi as long as they're gay? Oh, and victims of property damage done by BLM & Antifa say "Hold our Beers".

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
There are definitely laws protecting people from hate crimes in Mississippi. You know since all crimes are hate crimes when you harm someone else.

And I bet Mississippi isn’t at the top of the list with these types of crimes.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Let’s not act like MS has cornered the market on “hate crimes”. There’s plenty of crimes committed because of hate that people don’t want to think of as “hate crime” because it doesn’t fit within their tidy little box. Most vandalism is a hate crime if we’re honest about it.
All crimes that hurt or harm other people are hate crimes.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login