Soccer vs #1 Arkansas

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
So.. pretend I don't know anything about soccer and tell me who was at fault for letting that goal score? I see the goalie griping at her teammates but she let it sail right past her without making a play. Isn't she the only one who can actually use her hands?
That whole sequence looked like a cluster for Arkansas. In soccer the goalie is going to ***** at someone no matter what but it looks like she was expecting one of them to get in front of it and I guess they thought the same of her. Poor communication

Reactions: Dawgg and Xenomorph

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Not that I’m an expert on our team, but if you ask me before the season if she was on our team, I wouldn’t have known. I had to look her up since she’s been integral this season. I know her name now as well as a lot of other people!

I know it’s still early but I’m excited about this team and this program James Armstrong et al have put together.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
So.. pretend I don't know anything about soccer and tell me who was at fault for letting that goal score? I see the goalie griping at her teammates but she let it sail right past her without making a play. Isn't she the only one who can actually use her hands?
The girl on the back post is supposed to head that ball away. The GK has to cover the State player in the box (looks like Laposser) who would have headed it into the center of the goal if it hadn't gone over her head.

Reactions: Dawgg and Ranchdawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
Not that I’m an expert on our team, but if you ask me before the season if she was on our team, I wouldn’t have known. I had to look her up since she’s been integral this season. I know her name now as well as a lot of other people!

I know it’s still early but I’m excited about this team and this program James Armstrong et al have put together.
She was out almost all of last season with a knee injury. I didn't realize how good she was until this year. BTW, we've got a couple of starters who have missed the last few games this year too. The depth on this team is just insane.

Reactions: Dawgg

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Technically it was the keeper’s fault. Her responsibility is the ball, the defender’s responsibility is marking up to stop the other players from shooting the ball. Once the keeper didn’t make the play in the air, the girl on the back post should have cleared since she was in position. She just thought it was going wide of the post.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I’d guess 4 or 5. Really depends on what else happens with the other top teams.
This is probably right. Wake Forest dogwalked Florida State 4-1, but we had the best win of the week by far.

Since Tuesday’s ranking,
#2 Duke beat #25 UVA
#3 UNC beat UR Louisville
#4 WF beat #6 FSU
#7 Ohio State beat UR Maryland

#5 Michigan State plays UR Michigan today
#9 Stanford plays UR SMU today
#2 Duke plays UR Louisville Sunday
#6 FSU plays VT Sunday

I think the FSU loss to WF will be enough to drop FSU below us. We’ll separate from Ohio State and be solidly in that 5/6 spot with a chance to be 4 if Michigan can upset or tie the other MSU. If Louisville can then stun Duke, then it’s probably #1 UNC, #2 WF, and #3 Mississippi State.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
That was a fun game to watch, and I especially like the game clock that counts down to zero without all the extra time BS. Any chance the rest of the soccer world joins us in the 21st century here any time soon?
This is one of the biggest hurdles for my wife getting into soccer. She says “so they just make up how much time is left? Even then, they still just stop whenever they want? This is kinda bullsнit.”

patdog

May 28, 2007
That was a fun game to watch, and I especially like the game clock that counts down to zero without all the extra time BS. Any chance the rest of the soccer world joins us in the 21st century here any time soon?
Doubtful. But this is 1,000 times better than arbitrarily adding extra time for injuries & delays. Just stop the damn clock & let the game end when it hits 90:00 (or 0:00). Screw joining the 21st Century. That’s 19th Century bullsh!t.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Technically it was the keeper’s fault. Her responsibility is the ball, the defender’s responsibility is marking up to stop the other players from shooting the ball. Once the keeper didn’t make the play in the air, the girl on the back post should have cleared since she was in position. She just thought it was going wide of the post.
As the father of a keeper (which suuuucks), I always feel for the GK on goals like that. She's responsible for the ball coming in - and really should try to get her hands on it if it gets within reach - but she's also on edge expecting every opposing player to punch it in. It's a tough spot waiting for a flinch, and the last thing you expect is for the ball to go completely untouched.

Like you said, once it gets through all that traffic, her back post defender has to clear that. Perry just put in a great inswinging ball that made it tough.

Reactions: Dawgg and patdog

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
As the father of a keeper (which suuuucks), I always feel for the GK on goals like that. She's responsible for the ball coming in - and really should try to get her hands on it if it gets within reach - but she's also on edge expecting every opposing player to punch it in. It's a tough spot waiting for a flinch, and the last thing you expect is for the ball to go completely untouched.

Like you said, once it gets through all that traffic, her back post defender has to clear that. Perry just put in a great inswinging ball that made it tough.
As another father of a keeper, I completely get the stress. Because of weird numbers we always played up so games were never close. I literally was watching football on my phone, no stress. Now we are good and we went to PKs in a championship game 3 weeks ago. My wife laughed because, people would come up to me and I told them please go away. Sorry.

Slightly thread hijack, any of you SPS, play in the Brandon tournament on 9/21?

Reactions: Dawgg and patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login