Some of you Leach-haters are idiots

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Moorhead in 19 was just over 21 per game. Leach this year is just over 20. Not huge, but telling considering we brought in Leach for offense and 3 years later here we are.

Context might help in this "analysis"...

In 19 we scored 54 on an absolutely awful 2-10 Arkansas team. They were 91st in the final Massey Ratings.

We had 23 in that beautiful performance at Auburn where we were down 21-0 in 7 minutes because of Moorhead's coaching prowess. They had 56 in that game so the 23 didn't mean a whole lot to them, but it improves your average.

Got to 30 points against a decent A&M team. Of course that didn't mean much since they already had 49.

Against the two best teams we played that year, Alabama and National Champs LSU we scored 7 and 13.

In other words, this is a BS point you tried to make comparing Moorhead to Leach.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Leach didn't play college football, please explain what your point is?
My point is most of the people on here criticizing the players and coaches for not getting the job done have no idea what it takes nor do they now or ever have had the ability themselves to get said job done. Riding the bench on your high school team, or junior high more likely, does not make anyone an expert on what it takes to field a top ten football team, or play quarterback on one. Or any other position you may want to insert. I mean I would think you could extrapolate that meaning easily enough.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Not because Leach is a sure-fire great coach for us. He may yet be, or possibly never be. But because some of you go completely off the rails at any negative result, regardless of context.

We have lost 4 games in which 3 of those 4 are among the 8 best teams in the country, 2 of those on the road. 2 of them are SEC Division champs. Like losses at LSU & UK, yesterday we had WR's kill us with drops of routine passes. On top of that, the officials were atrocious, as usual. Do any of you actually deny they were responsible for at least 10 UGA points, not to mention the possible point-earning opportunities we lost when those UGA drives were allowed to continue?

Have you lost sight of the fact that the dropped pass in the end zone would have brought us to 38-26 (or 38-28 had we gone for 2 and made it)? Have you forgotten it really should have been more like 28-26 with 10 minutes left in the game? How about that we stuffed UGA on their next drive, got the ball back, were driving, but had yet another dropped pass to an open WR on the 4th down, giving UGA a super short field to help them get their last TD? How about if the refs hadn't spotted UGA at least 10 points we probably punt, down just 2 with 5:17 left?

I am so sick of some of you wanting to blame Leach every time our WR's fail to catch a ball a HS kid would catch, or a D1 kicker can't make a chip-shot FG or a D1 punter suddenly can't punt any better than my 61-yr old, non-kicking ***.

We outplayed the hell out of LSU until we got too cocky and stopped executing in the 4th Q. Granted, @ UK was ugly for our offense, but that was one friggin' game! Ask LSU & OM if they played like garbage in at least 1 game this year. Yeah, we scored just 6 points vs a Bama team coming off a loss to LSU, but Leach also had us in scoring position 3 times where we came away with nothing. Even if we had got just 10 points out of that, the loss to Bama would not have looked nearly so bad.

I'm not suggesting you are wrong or right about Leach's system ultimately not working out here, but dammit, do we all have to be subjected to your constant knee-jerk, no-context, endless bitching every time we don't win?? If it makes you that miserable, why don't you just stop watching the damn games? Everybody knows your position on CML. Do we have to see you posting about it over and over and over?
What we NEED to do is go find us one of the top 10 winningest active college football coaches in America and back the Brinks truck up and let him do his thing!

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I can't speak for anyone but myself but I can say I don't hate Mike Leach but I am disappointed in what he has accomplished so far.

It's not all about wins and losses either. This is year 3 with a 3rd year starter at QB and we have not progressed as a program. In fact, we have taken a significant step backward this season particularly on offense. I did not expect to win against bama or uga but I did expect us to at least have a pulse. The past four games have been atrocious on the offensive side. We got our asses handed to us by UK on the road who lost to USC there the week before and now VANDY this week. VANDY!!! We came within a frog's hair of losing to Auburn and the games we felt pretty good about winning, TAM and Arky, have proven to be not so great after all. Unless we have a massive turnaround we will get curb stomped by mississippi in a couple of weeks for the third consecutive time and they lost a TON of talent from last season while we brought a ton back.

It's not about hate it is about PERFORMANCE and we are not getting it from a guy that we are paying 5 million who's specialty is offense and that has been the weakest part of our team every season he has been here.
Not sure what you guys are seeing but I definitely think this team is better than last year. Overall we are 17th in FEI, last year we were 42nd. Now, offensively, we have dropped from 26th last year to 29th this year, but again, we still have 2-3 more games, so that might level out. Jumped from 33 to 24 defensively.

So something is going right. I chalk it up to playing great teams, and we are just simply a good team. If we finish 7-5 again, against a harder schedule, we've taken a step forward. Beat Ole Miss and finish 8-4, and it's a nice leap.

I don't know if you all have noticed, but our offense isn't incredibly talented, so the fact that we're doing as well as we are is a testament to the coaching staff. We are just fine.

All that said, does another year with Will Rogers and Co. fire me up? No, it doesn't. I really hope somebody rises up and challenges.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
My point is most of the people on here criticizing the players and coaches for not getting the job done have no idea what it takes nor do they now or ever have had the ability themselves to get said job done. Riding the bench on your high school team, or junior high more likely, does not make anyone an expert on what it takes to field a top ten football team, or play quarterback on one. Or any other position you may want to insert. I mean I would think you could extrapolate that meaning easily enough.

Leach has been coaching for 35 years, many, many of those just throwing the ball down the field. After 3 years here we don't have receivers that can catch a ball, just ask him. First you'll have to hear about the fat little girlfriends, the fish sandwiches and lemonade one and then he'll get to the dinosaur hands part about not being able to catch, just hang around and you'll hear they can't catch eventually.

We don't have kickers that can kick or punt either. It doesn't take anyone that played or coached any kind of ball to see that after 35 years experience and at $5M/year, we should expect more. I'm sorry you have low expectations

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Leach has been coaching for 35 years, many, many of those just throwing the ball down the field. After 3 years here we don't have receivers that can catch a ball, just ask him. First you'll have to hear about the fat little girlfriends, the fish sandwiches and lemonade one and then he'll get to the dinosaur hands part about not being able to catch, just hang around and you'll hear they can't catch eventually.

We don't have kickers that can kick or punt either. It doesn't take anyone that played or coached any kind of ball to see that after 35 years experience and at $5M/year, we should expect more. I'm sorry you have low expectations
Anybody that Leach has had a hand in recruiting is, at most, a sophomore right now. This would be the 2021 class with Sawyer Robertson, Simeon Price, Rara, etc. When those guys become seniors, you can generally judge the coach and say, "These are HIS players" as a statement of fact. That will be fall of 2024. Slophead recruited the 2020 class. Leach and Co just added the transfers.

Remember, Dan Mullen didn't truly install HIS team until 2013. Up until that point, he had simply been working with what he'd inherited.

There's plenty of things to be frustrated about. I just ask that we keep it factual. Is that too much to ask?

Reactions: blacklistedbully

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Anybody that Leach has had a hand in recruiting is, at most, a sophomore right now. This would be the 2021 class with Sawyer Robertson, Simeon Price, Rara, etc. When those guys become seniors, you can generally judge the coach and say, "These are HIS players" as a statement of fact. That will be fall of 2024.

Remember, Dan Mullen didn't truly install HIS team until 2013. Up until that point, he had simply been working with what he'd inherited.

There's plenty of things to be frustrated about. I just ask that we keep it factual. Is that too much to ask?

Nothing I said wasn't factual

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
I agree with you but will leach let an athlete be an athlete and take off or design for him to run? That's not his brand. Pocket passers. If he would adapt to Riley/kingsburg/Reid branch of his offense I would agree.
I think he just goes with what he thinks is our best guy. This year it's been Will, probably because none of the other guys is as good at reading defenses and/or finding open WR's. Like Leach said, there is an open WR on every play, We need a QB who can quickly find that WR.

Now if that QB can do that and scramble for big yards our offense will be insanely good. Dak would have been a great example if he has been here with LEach. WE can see from Dak's progression as a passer in the NFL that he was 100% capable of becoming that quick-reading, accurate passer. WE can also see that Dak's ability to kill a defense with his legs makes him and the Dallas so dangerous.

We aren't seeing that from Will because Will isn't a good scrambler/runner. Because he isn't he is rarely going to take off and run, even when it looks like he could make good yards.

Leach has shown before he will let his QB run if that QB is capable of running, even as he prefers his QB to pass. Not in the way Mullen did, but in a way that he trusts his QB to look for the pass first, nearly every time, but go ahead and take off if there is open field in front of him.

Have an accurate, quick passer who can also run, and see how fast defenses have to load the box more often, even on passing downs. Unfortunately right now, our best chance to move the ball is with Will at QB, accepting that his potential to scramble is not something defenses are going to be concerned with.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I think he just goes with what he thinks is our best guy. This year it's been Will, probably because none of the other guys is as good at reading defenses and/or finding open WR's. Like Leach said, there is an open WR on every play, We need a QB who can quickly find that WR.

Now if that QB can do that and scramble for big yards our offense will be insanely good. Dak would have been a great example if he has been here with LEach. WE can see from Dak's progression as a passer in the NFL that he was 100% capable of becoming that quick-reading, accurate passer. WE can also see that Dak's ability to kill a defense with his legs makes him and the Dallas so dangerous.

We aren't seeing that from Will because Will isn't a good scrambler/runner. Because he isn't he is rarely going to take off and run, even when it looks like he could make good yards.

Leach has shown before he will let his QB run if that QB is capable of running, even as he prefers his QB to pass. Not in the way Mullen did, but in a way that he trusts his QB to look for the pass first, nearly every time, but go ahead and take off if there is open field in front of him.

Have an accurate, quick passer who can also run, and see how fast defenses have to load the box more often, even on passing downs. Unfortunately right now, our best chance to move the ball is with Will at QB, accepting that his potential to scramble is not something defenses are going to be concerned with.
I honestly think dak would have been run off by leach and dak would have become big at some other school. Leach does not have a history of mobile qbs

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Dart is semi-mobile, but that will change at Auburn with Bigsby and Judkins they won’t need him to run so much

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
I honestly think dak would have been run off by leach and dak would have become big at some other school. Leach does not have a history of mobile qbs
I disagree. In Dallas Dak was asked to focus more on passing, so he worked his *** off to get better at that, and now runs not even a fraction of what he did pre-Dallas. Remember also, Dak could have gone to LSU when they offered him late, but he had made a commitment to us, so didn't even consider leaving.

With Dak's determination & work ethic, he would have become the best on our roster eventually. Now Nickie Fitz? As great as he was for us in Mullen's offense, there is no way I think he could have stayed and succeeded in Leach's scheme.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I agree with you but will leach let an athlete be an athlete and take off or design for him to run? That's not his brand. Pocket passers. If he would adapt to Riley/kingsburg/Reid branch of his offense I would agree.
LOL... What are you talking about?

Parson's say "How you doing?"

Reactions: BigDawg0074

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
This year's SOS is higher than 2019. And in 2019 our SEC opponents gave up nearly 2 more ppg on average, 24.6 vs 22.8 in all games played.
It is not. Not unless you're counting preseason predictions. You too are counting non-offensive scores. The national champs were in our division. This year, the division champ is a 2 loss team. AL is a two loss team too. We played 9 eight plus win teams in 2019.

Last edited:

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Except they're wrong. Those damned special teams and defensive scores don't count in offensive production. Stupid....stupid....FACTS
Back those scores out of both years in question and hit me with some new facts. I’m perfectly willing to change my mind based on facts.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login