Some proper perspective Franklin haters....

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
Not really delusions when you win two National Championships in a span of five years. Sure - never quite captured the magic again but definitely robbed in ‘94 and pick any of the other undefeated seasons to make a case for other shots at a NC.

As for record against top five teams, Paterno’s win percentage is about 26%. Franklin’s is about 11%. If he was at or near 25% we probably make two playoff appearances the past decade.
Children born when PSU upset Miami are now middle aged. The world and college football are radically different. Perhaps it's time to move on?

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
I don’t hate Franklin. He’s just not a good coach and comparing him - as you and others try/fail to do - to Paterno is pointless (and a disservice to Franklin). Joe did less with more his last ten years than Franklin has done with top class after top class his first ten. Franklin lost bowl games to Kentucky, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and USC (with his best team ever). Franklin’s best bowl win is what - Utah? Without their QB? Maybe Washington? Ok, fine.

Stop commenting if you don’t like the responses. What was Paterno’s record vs Top 25 teams his first ten years?
Comparing Franklin to Joe is a disservice to both. Also a bit silly. Joe has been dead more than a decade. His achievements are to be honored...but they are ancient history.

Reactions: PSUSignore

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
Way to aim high and reach for the stars in a completely hypothetical coaching search because this is pure fantasy by disgruntled fans and I’m cool with 8-4.
What's humorous is that these Franklin Fan Boys are shelling out major $$$ for season tickets (and associated weekend expenses) only to witness an unimpressive 8-4, 9-3 or even 10-2 on field product. 🤣🤣

And so their natural reaction is to blame fellow posters who happen to question their recurring investment strategy. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
What's humorous is that these Franklin Fan Boys are shelling out major $$$ for season tickets (and associated weekend expenses) only to witness an unimpressive 8-4, 9-3 or even 10-2 on field product. 🤣🤣

And so their natural reaction is to blame fellow posters who happen to question their recurring investment strategy. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
We deserve better than 10 mea ;) ningless wins ...let's fix this!

psu31trap

Oct 29, 2021
I think it is very difficult to win a national championship. I tip my hat to Michigan and Washington for upsetting the SEC applecart and making it to a NC game. Down the stretch both teams came up with some big wins and proved that it can be done!! Coach Franklin and the Nittany Lions have similar talent, they just need the confidence to take that next step. JMHO

Reactions: LionJim

PSUAVLNC

Oct 28, 2021
I think it is very difficult to win a national championship. I tip my hat to Michigan and Washington for upsetting the SEC applecart and making it to a NC game. Down the stretch both teams came up with some big wins and proved that it can be done!! Coach Franklin and the Nittany Lions have similar talent, they just need the confidence to take that next step. JMHO
Michigan cheated

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021

Absolutely we can win a NC at PSU. However it is more difficult here at PSU than it is at say Bama, OSU, LSU, etc. We need everything to align right and when/if we do, we probably won't do it again for awhile because we're not gonna do the things off the field to attract the type of talent that is needed to be annual contenders and most of us are okay with that because PSU is and always has been about more than just wins and losses. That may sound like a line but it's been proven to be true time and time again here.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
I was wondering why T™️osu and um weren’t on the list. Click the link, and you will see them 1 and 2, respectively.

Kraft needs to raise ticket prices.

Reactions: BobPSU92

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
You can put this straight up your behind as you're bent over, saying "thank you, James Franklin, may I have another?"
With each post, you share/expose more personal information.

Tonight the board learned that you’re infatuated with human butts and their associated ductwork.

You’re beyond creepy.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I was wondering why T™️osu and um weren’t on the list. Click the link, and you will see them 1 and 2, respectively.

Kraft needs to raise ticket prices.
Why aren’t OSU and UM listed? They’re not public schools?