Cold As Ice
Carry On Wayward Son
Dust In The Wind
Blue Collar Man
Wanted Man
Living With No Pair
Take it On The Run
Keep On Loving You
(No Matter How Many Other Guys You 17 Every Week)
Life In The Fast Lane
Desperado
Loving Touching Squeezing

Any others to add?

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
If you have college agrd kids and sample the “music” they are being allowed to listen to you wouldnt bad mouth those golden classics. I understand the radio stations beat them into the ground.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Billy joel is great so much good music from 60s to 90s. Then everything was shut down and politicized

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
The one that needs to go is the woke version of Money For Nothing. If you can't play the song as it was on MTV and the radio for years, don't play it.
That song is so butchered on XM that it’s awful. It’s not even pieced together seamlessly. Sounds like someone taped it, paused to leave out sections, and started recording again. Even the very beginning is botched.

Reactions: Anon1704414204

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
That song is so butchered on XM that it’s awful. It’s not even pieced together seamlessly. Sounds like someone taped it, paused to leave out sections, and started recording again. Even the very beginning is botched.
Which XM station are you listening to? When they play it on First Wave it is unaltered.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024

I agree big time even though I would never use that word to insult a gay person. Knopfler's not trying to either IMO.
Same with "Who Are You" and "Devil Went Down to GA". Destroys the gut feeling of the songs. Compared to what can be heard on regular TV these days, those words are light. Much worse can be heard easily these days by kids.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Welcome to the Jungle
Sympathy for the Devil
No Sugar Tonight
Voodoo Chile
Locomotive Breath
Satisfaction
Panama
Paradise City
Gimme Shelter
Communication Breakdown
Baba OReilly
Funk #49
Unchained

• Wow
Reactions: Msdeltareb

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
All this talk of classic rock songs reminds me of a joke a musician told me.
We were looking to book a band for our class reunion and we finally settled on a Molly Hatchet cover band. After working with the booking agent we realized that we didn’t have enough money to book them so we booked Molly Hatchet instead.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
80s 0n 8 and Classic Rewind. I’ve never heard it on First Wave.
You know what, maybe it is Classic Rewind I hear it on...it doesnt really fit on First Wave. I jump around a lot. But whereever I hear it on XM, it's unaltered.

These days, I'm mostly on Underground Garage. They play oldies I've never heard. Let's just say the Stones were far more prolific as a blues cover band than I ever realized.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login