Songs That Should Be CANCELLED From "Classic" Rock Stations

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Boston, Rush, Bon Jovi, Joan Jett, and Kansas need to go in the archives. Their best stuff was played so many times our ears bled. That's the problem with FM radio. They play the heck out of the hits and neglect the other material by artists. Jimi Hendrix did a ton of songs that are awesome that you will never hear on the radio.

Reactions: Anon1704414204

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Welcome to the Jungle
Sympathy for the Devil
No Sugar Tonight
Voodoo Chile
Locomotive Breath
Satisfaction
Panama
Paradise City
Gimme Shelter
Communication Breakdown
Baba OReilly
Funk #49
Unchained
Agree with several here but hadn't heard Locomotive Breath in what seems like 40 years until recently and had forgotten what a rocker that song was. Turn that sucker up!

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
You know what, maybe it is Classic Rewind I hear it on...it doesnt really fit on First Wave. I jump around a lot. But whereever I hear it on XM, it's unaltered.

These days, I'm mostly on Underground Garage. They play oldies I've never heard. Let's just say the Stones were far more prolific as a blues cover band than I ever realized.
In their beginnings they concentrated on blues covers but that's far from what defines them today.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Any and all things Guns & Roses, absolutely can't stand them. (a long running argument with my 44 yo daughter).
Steve Miller is up there as well.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Any and all things Guns & Roses, absolutely can't stand them. (a long running argument with my 44 yo daughter).
Steve Miller is up there as well.
espn simmons GIF

patdog

May 28, 2007
Agree with several here but hadn't heard Locomotive Breath in what seems like 40 years until recently and had forgotten what a rocker that song was. Turn that sucker up!
Everyone laughed when Jethro Tull won best metal artist. And rightfully so. But in their early days, they could remember CCJ as hard as anyone. Tony Iommi even briefly joined the band. Took him a few weeks to realize he wasn’t going to write the songs & was going to have to play when Ian Anderson told him. So he left & formed another band that turned out ok.

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I got a few Playlists that I will go to in the store that get compliments...

Tom Petty live
And
Classic blues
And
Postmodern Jukebox

Unfortunately, hair band playlists suck and classic rock seems to sometimes include George Michael and a few other things that shouldn't be on anyone's playlists.

I will also have learned that Alexa will play billboard hits from specific years, which is fantastic for mind warping back to days at state.

Reactions: 85Bears

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I Wanna Know What Love Is
Cold As Ice
Carry On Wayward Son
Dust In The Wind
Blue Collar Man
Wanted Man
Living With No Pair
Take it On The Run
Keep On Loving You
(No Matter How Many Other Guys You 17 Every Week)
Life In The Fast Lane
Desperado
Loving Touching Squeezing

Any others to add?
That you would suggest an extreme, left-wing liberal “cancel culture” approach on a sacred topic of classic rock earns you a double-barrel “17 you” and I got more in the chamber************

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I agree big time even though I would never use that word to insult a gay person. Knopfler's not trying to either IMO.
Same with "Who Are You" and "Devil Went Down to GA". Destroys the gut feeling of the songs. Compared to what can be heard on regular TV these days, those words are light. Much worse can be heard easily these days by kids.
Yes. The song is actually making fun of the people who would use that durogatory word.

WGWFA

Oct 12, 2021
How about In-The-Gadda-Da-Vidda?

I remember the first time I played the full version of this on a classic rock radio station back in the 1980s. I thought the station manager was going to blow his gasket.
This response caught my eye. I do hope you know the true title to this iron butterfly song. Huge Skynyrd fan here, I’ll throw in sweet home Alabama. Hate that song. With all of that said, the blind Willie mctell station on Pandora is awesome. It’s like listening to tunes til 2 on 94.7 & z106.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
another ban thread? You people are weak *** 17.

Turn the damn station if you don’t like it.

nedog

May 29, 2016
I Wanna Know What Love Is
Cold As Ice
Carry On Wayward Son
Dust In The Wind
Blue Collar Man
Wanted Man
Living With No Pair
Take it On The Run
Keep On Loving You
(No Matter How Many Other Guys You 17 Every Week)
Life In The Fast Lane
Desperado
Loving Touching Squeezing

Any others to add?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login