SPD pulling over people on S Montgomery

Status
Not open for further replies.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Again yesterday while last night more people are beating on doors in those neighborhoods at 3:30 to 4:30 am.

Gonna be tragic when someone gets hurt or dies.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I just do not get the allure of doing this. It is a tragic death waiting to happen.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I just do not get the allure of doing this. It is a tragic death waiting to happen.
Even if it’s “kids having fun” it’s still stupid and will be tragic.

But it’s not. They are looking for people who aren’t home so they can steal.

Lot of theft been happening in those neighborhoods the last few years.

Nothing ever “major” but they gonna FA&FO.

Reactions: DAWGSANDSAINTS

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012

Oh. Didn’t realize that. Yeah, if it’s neverdowells, they’ll meet mortality face-to-face and then given the same posthumous treatment as that subway nutcase.

Reactions: GomJabbar

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

lot's of new construction further down, is that where the criminals are working?

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Well I can assure you JPD ain't pulling over anybody for anything. Had to drive into Jackson about an hour ago and I've never seen anything like it. No speed limit and no law.

Reactions: rankindog86

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
In 2021, there were almost 43,000 deaths in the U.S. as a result of motor vehicle crashes according to the Dept. of Transportation. That year, the CDC estimates that there were approximately 26,000 homicides in the U.S.

Even if every single one of those homicides was the result of a break in - and obviously they weren't - a car crash is still more likely to be deadly than a break in (especially on South Montgomery give how narrow it is).

Of course, neither scenario is good. You'd have to ask SPD why they can't do both - try to make traffic on S. Montgomery safer AND have someone patrol the neighborhood at night. Beyond the obvious fact that, legally, the police aren't obligated to protect private property.

But if, for some reason, SPD has to pick one or the other, it seems like focusing on traffic is the right course of action.

Reactions: WrightGuy821

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
In 2021, there were almost 43,000 deaths in the U.S. as a result of motor vehicle crashes according to the Dept. of Transportation. That year, the CDC estimates that there were approximately 26,000 homicides in the U.S.

Even if every single one of those homicides was the result of a break in - and obviously they weren't - a car crash is still more likely to be deadly than a break in (especially on South Montgomery give how narrow it is).

Of course, neither scenario is good. You'd have to ask SPD why they can't do both - try to make traffic on S. Montgomery safer AND have someone patrol the neighborhood at night. Beyond the obvious fact that, legally, the police aren't obligated to protect private property.

But if, for some reason, SPD has to pick one or the other, it seems like focusing on traffic is the right course of action.
Find out how many deaths have happened between hwy 12 and Poor house rd on s Montgomery in Starkville.

You kooks will do anything to defend a criminal.

For the record, I’m ok with pulling people over for speeding but not while you sit on your hands at night.

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
You mean just knocking on a door and running off? ****, that ain’t nothing new. We even had a colorful name for it, back in the 80’s.
No it’s not new. And it could just be innocent kids. But when a home owner opens a door scared and blasts a “kid” standing there in a hoodie, it’s gonna be ugly.

Last edited:

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
No it’s not new. And it could just be innocent kids. But when a home owner opens a door scared and blasts a “kid” standing there in a hoodie, it’s gonna be ugly.
I always see people complaining on Nextdoor about this and ding Dong ditching saying someone is going to get shot. If the kids are doing either of these correctly, they will be halfway down the street by the time the homeowner opens the front door, so why would anyone be shot?

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I always see people complaining on Nextdoor about this and ding Dong ditching saying someone is going to get shot. If the kids are doing either of these correctly, they will be halfway down the street by the time the homeowner opens the front door, so why would anyone be shot?
Absolutely… hopefully they know what they are doing. Gotta send the fast kid to the door and the fat kid has to get a head start.

I would hope someone does not go to the door and start shooting before you figure out the situation. Someone is in your house, that’s a totally different story.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Absolutely… hopefully they know what they are doing. Gotta send the fast kid to the door and the fat kid has to get a head start.

I would hope someone does not go to the door and start shooting before you figure out the situation. Someone is in your house, that’s a totally different story.
Lol. I was actually shocked at a thread the other day about DDD on Nextdoor. It was done on a ring camera and the original poster complained about our school systems not teaching kids well enough to know to avoid the Ring Camera doorbells. The whole thread stayed light hearted, from, who does it on plain daylight, in the rain to these spoiled kids getting into a golf cart, it’s no fun unless you risk scars from diving into bushes.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Bc they are morons. And not just “ding donging”.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 11.44.23 AM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 11.44.23 AM.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 20

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

If someone rings your bell multiple times at 330 am and your kids are home, it’s fair to go to the door armed.

If you open the door armed and you see a hooded person, what happens to him next is his/her fault. Not yours or mine.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
I would hope someone does not go to the door and start shooting before you figure out the situation.

Since I got my Ring doorbell. I can accurately shoot them through the door every time**

I would think all the rich people on S. Montgomery would have a doorbell camera and the perps would be easily identified.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Since I got my Ring doorbell. I can accurately shoot them through the door every time**

I would think all the rich people on S. Montgomery would have a doorbell camera and the perps would be easily identified.
See my second to last post with attachment. You think the Starkville PD is conducting a healthy investigation with all the “speeding” on S Montgomery?

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
If someone rings your bell multiple times at 330 am and your kids are home, it’s fair to go to the door armed.

If you open the door armed and you see a hooded person, what happens to him next is his/her fault. Not yours or mine.
I have no argument with your first sentence. You absolutely have that right.

But why would you open the door? If it’s punks trying to figure out if someone is home, you should be able turn on some lights/make enough noise for them to get the message. If it’s kids doing ding dong ditch, they’re long gone (if they’re doing it right). There’s literally no reason to actually open the door.

Also, I hope you know this but it’s generally not illegal for someone to knock on a door or ring a doorbell, even at 3:30 in the morning. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone but it’s not illegal.

Nor is it illegal to wear a hoodie, even at 3:30 in the morning.

It’s also not illegal to knock on a door/ring a doorbell while wearing a hoodie, even at 3:30 in the morning.

But your best course of option is to just not open your door in the middle of the night.

Last edited:
Reactions: WrightGuy821

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Find out how many deaths have happened between hwy 12 and Poor house rd on s Montgomery in Starkville.

You kooks will do anything to defend a criminal.

For the record, I’m ok with pulling people over for speeding but not while you sit on your hands at night.
I’ll see what I can find. I know of one for sure. Guy I know’s son was killed pulling out onto South Montgomery from TimberCove.

And no one is defending criminals, you lunatic. But also, see my post above. You might not like some of that behavior (and to be clear, I wouldn’t either) but none of it as you describe is criminal.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

But why would you open the door? If it’s punks trying to figure out if someone is home, you should be able turn on some lights/make enough noise for them to get the message. If it’s kids doing ding dong ditch, they’re long gone (if they’re doing it right). There’s literally no reason to actually open the door.

Also, I hope you know this but it’s generally not illegal for someone to knock on a door or ring a doorbell, even at 3:30 in the morning. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone but it’s not illegal.

It’s also not illegal to knock on a door/ring a doorbell while wearing a hoodie, even at 3:30 in the morning.

But your best course of option is to just not open your door in the middle of the night.
It’s also not illegal to defend yourself if you feel threatened.

Good idea?

if it’s my house? I want them scared shitless to never come back so when I’m gone I don’t have to worry about worthless pieces of 💩 17ing with my stuff.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I’ll see what I can find. I know of one for sure. Guy I know’s son was killed pulling out onto South Montgomery from TimberCove.

And no one is defending criminals, you lunatic. But also, see my post above. You might not like some of that behavior (and to be clear, I wouldn’t either) but none of it as you describe is criminal.
You clearly aren’t calling them out.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

What if I go to a door in an all black neighborhood at 330 am and knock on it wearing an all white hood?

Id never do such bc I don’t want to die. And if I died doing such it would be my fault.

would you defend me?

how about you @57stratdawg

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

I recommend not opening the door. If they mean you harm, keep the door shut and locked. If they are being stupid kids, keep the door shut and locked.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I recommend not opening the door. If they mean you harm, keep the door shut and locked. If they are being stupid kids, keep the door shut and locked.
It’s not my house, but I wouldn’t blame someone for opening the door. You should be able to do so without ridicule in your own GD home.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
It’s not my house, but I wouldn’t blame someone for opening the door. You should be able to do so without ridicule in your own GD home.
You’re and idiot if you open the door at 330 in the morning. I don’t care if you’re legally in the right. Doubling down on stupid doesn’t help. If they are trying to rob you, opening the door helps them. So you have a gun, they might to. Would you rather them shoot at you through and open or closed door? I’m not defending the bell ringers.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
You’re and idiot if you open the door at 330 in the morning. I don’t care if you’re legally in the right. Doubling down on stupid doesn’t help. If they are trying to rob you, opening the door helps them. So you have a gun, they might to. Would you rather them shoot at you through and open or closed door? I’m not defending the bell ringers.
So let’s just allow them to keep staking the neighborhoods so they can get the home owners at the right time when they are gone?

this thread was started bc the police aren’t doing their jobs.

if they won’t maybe the homeowners will.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
What if I go to a door in an all black neighborhood at 330 am and knock on it wearing an all white hood?

Id never do such bc I don’t want to die. And if I died doing such it would be my fault.

would you defend me?

how about you @57stratdawg
What kind of white hood we talking about? If it’s a run of the mill hoodie that happens to be white, it would not be your fault. Because, again, wearing a hoodie and knocking on a door in the middle of the night - while not at all advisable - is not against the law (as far as I know because I’m not a lawyer).

If it’s the kind of white hood that covers someone’s entire head and has a matching all-white robe, well that’s a different story and I absolutely do not give a **** about the kind of people who would wear that.

I’m not sure why you or anyone else would make this more complicated than it needs to be. Just don’t open the door in the middle of the night. I don’t generally open my door to strangers in broad daylight. I’m sure as hell not going to do it at 3:30 am.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
What kind of white hood we talking about? If it’s a run of the mill hoodie that happens to be white, it would not be your fault. Because, again, wearing a hoodie and knocking on a door in the middle of the night - while not at all advisable - is not against the law (as far as I know because I’m not a lawyer).

If it’s the kind of white hood that covers someone’s entire head and has a matching all-white robe, well that’s a different story and I absolutely do not give a **** about the kind of people who would wear that.

I’m not sure why you or anyone else would make this more complicated than it needs to be. Just don’t open the door in the middle of the night. I don’t generally open my door to strangers in broad daylight. I’m sure as hell not going to do it at 3:30 am.
So I’d love for you to do the stats on the last 40 years on how many people have died at the hands of a man wearing a full white hood vs a man wearing a hoodie.

One is way more dangerous in todays times.

So do statistics and history matter to you?

hate is hate right?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Just don’t open the door if an all white wardrobed loser comes to it. Pretty simple right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login