Special request for a crazy storm chaser

Baddmann

Sep 20, 2015
Already a subscriber (I look at your weather reports first). Going to see if I can get a few more added.

Got my family to subscribe: 412 now

Last edited:

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Looks like you’ve doubled since early this morning.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I talked to our team and in appreciation for all the new subscribers, any livestream tomorrow will be on the YouTube channel and not behind the Patreon paywall. This is a one time only thing so hopefully we get some good daytime storms.

Last edited:

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Done

Ever considered making a video about your storm chasing rig? I’d be curious about that.
Also, put Alaska in title of your videos. That seems to bring a lot of views.**

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Good video, I was not expecting a regular truck. I figured you had to have armored windows or something. Good luck with the channel. Stay safe.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Good video, I was not expecting a regular truck. I figured you had to have armored windows or something. Good luck with the channel. Stay safe.

I would love an armored truck. Believe you me. But this one has taken three direct hits from tornadoes and come out on the other side. Now my butthole was cinched up so tight I think it created a vacuum on a couple of them.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I don’t know why, but when I go to your channel page on my phone or roku, the video you linked of your truck doesn’t show up. Potential operator error on my end I’m sure.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I don’t know why, but when I go to your channel page on my phone or roku, the video you linked of your truck doesn’t show up. Potential operator error on my end I’m sure.

It's not you. Same thing happened to me. If I were guessing that one is probably behind our Patreon paywall. I had to go to manage videos to find it. I just now put 2 and 2 together. I remember now that was one I made for the premium site as a behind the scenes of what we use storm chasing and why peoples' support was so critical as we use that money to buy new or replace existing equipment.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I can mention that to the team higher ups. It's something they would have to sign off on.

Just trying to give you ideas to increase viewers. It would be nice if you could get one of the TV guys to use your stuff and give you work. They may have their own guys but they probably would sell their souls if somebody got a live stream on a tornado to put on the air.

Whenever you get going tomorrow or whenever you look at things why don't you start a thread up about the severe threat that we can post under if you can. It's looking pretty scary if the HRRR is right.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Just trying to give you ideas to increase viewers. It would be nice if you could get one of the TV guys to use your stuff and give you work. They may have their own guys but they probably would sell their souls if somebody got a live stream on a tornado to put on the air.

Whenever you get going tomorrow or whenever you look at things why don't you start a thread up about the severe threat that we can post under if you can. It's looking pretty scary if the HRRR is right.

I did get the ok to broadcast the live stream for tomorrow over the public channel. Going to be a one time thing. So it may be heart pounding excitement or four hours of us cussing about picking the wrong staging point and missing the storms.

We are affiliated with WTVA out of Tupelo. Anything we see or capture on video/pictures we send to them for use on air and we have live on air interviews while we're out chasing.

I'll start a thread tomorrow but once I'm out chasing I won't be posting as I'll have my hands full once the storms get going. I will also be making a video tonight with my thoughts on tomorrow and the set up after the SPC updates at midnight. I'll send it to the tech guy on our team and he'll get it uploaded some time tomorrow morning. I think they'll probably put it behind the paywall for a couple hours first before releasing it to the general public but I have no idea what kind of timing they're looking at.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Make sure they plug your Facebook or YouTube channel check your inbox

ETA: make sure you start a thread with a link to your stream tomorrow when things start happening and we will do our best to make sure it stays on the front page. Like I said before hopefully it is a bust.

Last edited:

atomic dawg

Apr 4, 2019
Subscribed.

Theres been a several times that I’m reading SPS and your post was my heads up that some bad weather is on the horizon. I appreciate what you do. Stay safe out there.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login