Spencer Sanders to Ole Miss…

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Wtf. How do they get two of the top portal quarterbacks when they already have an established starter? Wonder what Dart thinks about this, especially since the transfer portal is closed until May.

Reactions: columbiadawg2

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
This one confuses me. They have an established starter and now a 5 star backup qb. Seems like Sanders could've gone G5 and been a starter.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
That’s insane. How much money are they dropping for one position?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yeah, this is a train-wreck ready to happen. This makes no sense on any level. Unless Lane literally does not care and told them they all would win the job. It's obvious he's trying to win his way out next season and doesn't care about the bomb debris left after that.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Spencer Sanders is a 3 year starter at OK State. Why would he go anywhere that is not guaranteeing him he will be the guy? Especially if he has any aspirations of going to the NFL.

GTDawg

Sep 8, 2021
This shows the writing is on the wall for Dart, but he might be stuck because he's already transferred once. You have a potential locker room issue either way.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
Just a wierd take. Doesnt really make sense for anyone involved.
Yeah, I don’t know how this actually makes them better.

I think Dart and Sanders are on the same level, and you’ve got another couple of years with Dart. Dart is the one who is really screwed here having to sit if he transfers again. Something to think about for future transfers.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Makes zero sense on their end. Only one QB can play. All I see is this causing problems for them. Again, it's their problem so who cares.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Yeah, this is a train-wreck ready to happen. This makes no sense on any level. Unless Lane literally does not care and told them they all would win the job. It's obvious he's trying to win his way out next season and doesn't care about the bomb debris left after that.
Regardless of what Kiffin tells them, these guys are well aware of how transfers work and that only 1 can play at a time. Sanders coming in means Sanders knows that Dart played all last year and is a competent QB. It also means Sanders knows that Howard will be at Ole Miss since that announcement just happened.
Sanders is very aware that Ole Miss currently has 2 QBs. He is a high level D1 player and by now also knows that promises from coaches mean nothing.
If Kiffin told them all they will all win the job, thats on these guys for believing it. All are transfers from high level programs and have been thru this before.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Yeah, I don’t know how this actually makes them better.

I think Dart and Sanders are on the same level, and you’ve got another couple of years with Dart. Dart is the one who is really screwed here having to sit if he transfers again. Something to think about for future transfers.
How tight is that one transfer rule though?

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Sanders picked OM over Freeze and Auburn.

This was my point when Freeze was hired. I don’t know how great of a “recruiter” he is going to be when the decision is made on above the table $ now. It’s not 2013 anymore.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Regardless of what Kiffin tells them, these guys are well aware of how transfers work and that only 1 can play at a time. Sanders coming in means Sanders knows that Dart played all last year and is a competent QB. It also means Sanders knows that Howard will be at Ole Miss since that announcement just happened.
Sanders is very aware that Ole Miss currently has 2 QBs. He is a high level D1 player and by now also knows that promises from coaches mean nothing.
If Kiffin told them all they will all win the job, thats on these guys for believing it. All are transfers from high level programs and have been thru this before.
No sh*t sherlock. Sounds like there is more than one idiot involved in this deal. And a coach who really doesn't care too much for the players.

• Haha
Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Just a wierd take. Doesnt really make sense for anyone involved.
I think this sort of makes sense if Lane is done with Dart for whatever reason.

It didn't really make sense for Howard to transfer to Ole Miss since Dart had two years remaining and Jayden Daniels only had one. But maybe Kiffin was already telling Howard that Dart's time was limited. So now he gets Sanders to start for one year. Howard then has the starting position after that.

I guess it still doesn't really make sense. But I guess in May if Dart transfer out it will put Howard in a no worse position than he was in at LSU.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I think this sort of makes sense if Lane is done with Dart for whatever reason.

It didn't really make sense for Howard to transfer to Ole Miss since Dart had two years remaining and Jayden Daniels only had one. But maybe Kiffin was already telling Howard that Dart's time was limited. So now he gets Sanders to start for one year. Howard then has the starting position after that.

I guess it still doesn't really make sense. But I guess in May if Dart transfer out it will put Howard in a no worse position than he was in at LSU.

Can we get Dart? That dude is a talent. Does he have a sick grandma in Sturgis we can get a hardship for?

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Blind statistic time
QB1
62% 2974 yards 20 TDs 11 int
128 carries 614 yards 1 TD
QB2
57% 2642 yards 17 TDs 9 int
107 carries 391 yards 8 TDs

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
Sanders picked OM over Freeze and Auburn.

This was my point when Freeze was hired. I don’t know how great of a “recruiter” he is going to be when the decision is made on above the table $ now. It’s not 2013 anymore.
There is still plenty of under the table money. Its actually probably more of a factor with the Transfer Portal and players getting one transfer with no impact on eligibility. The "recruiting" does not stop when a player signs - the bagmen can stay in their ear until they get into the portal in a year or two.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Dart > Sanders

Dart came in as a sophomore transfer and won 8 games for Ole Miss. Who other than Ole Miss fans thought they were better than an 8-win team? And which of their losses were on Dart? His worst performance in a loss was @ Arkansas. And that was when the whole team (including the coach) didn’t show up.

Spencer’s best year was his sophomore season. Let’s compare Dart vs. the SEC and Sanders vs. the Big 12:
Season
Yr
G
Comp. Pct.
Yards/Att
TD
Int
Rating
Yards/G
Jaxson Dart
2022​
SO​
Spencer Sanders
2020​
SO​

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Dart > Sanders

Dart came in as a sophomore transfer and won 8 games for Ole Miss. Who other than Ole Miss fans thought they were better than an 8-win team? And which of their losses were on Dart? His worst performance in a loss was @ Arkansas. And that was when the whole team (including the coach) didn’t show up.

Spencer’s best year was his sophomore season. Let’s compare Dart vs. the SEC and Sanders vs. the Big 12:
Season
Yr
G
Comp. Pct.
Yards/Att
TD
Int
Rating
Yards/G
Jaxson Dart
2022​
SO​
Spencer Sanders
2020​
SO​
That's the passing numbers but I think Sanders is a pretty good upgrade over Dart in the running department.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Rebel Nation has been going thru battered wife things since their season collapsed on them after doubling Kiffin's salary. Then the Egg Bowl, Their Bowl and our Bowl has them upset so the drunk husbands go out and buy 2 used dresses for them to try and make up (again).

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Dart > Sanders

Season
Yr
G
Comp. Pct.
Yards/Att
TD
Int
Rating
Yards/G
Jaxson Dart
2022​
SO​
Spencer Sanders
2020​
SO​
Yeah no question. I just can't understand this. Not to mention anyone who would start for multiple years and then leave his team is just a little wacky in the head. Unless you've given up on an NFL dream and are just looking to make a little NIL money for one more year. Same goes for that Wake QB who went to Notre Dame. Unless there were some coaching changes I didn't know about.

This just makes zero sense.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Yeah no question. I just can't understand this. Not to mention anyone who would start for multiple years and then leave his team is just a little wacky in the head. Unless you've given up on an NFL dream and are just looking to make a little NIL money for one more year. Same goes for that Wake QB who went to Notre Dame. Unless there were some coaching changes I didn't know about.

This just makes zero sense.
$$$$$$

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Rebel Nation has been going thru battered wife things since their season collapsed on them after doubling Kiffin's salary. Then the Egg Bowl, Their Bowl and our Bowl has them upset so the drunk husbands go out and buy 2 used dresses for them to try and make up (again).
I think this may be it. The pressure is getting to everyone. I see no reason for Kiffin to have fired his DC and hired Golding. I don't think Golding is really good or bad, but just no reason to do that. He might just be going a tad crazy.

@L4Dawg if it's all about the money, I think we'll see that change very soon. I bet Dart wishes he could give back his money.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
It didn't really make sense for Howard to transfer to Ole Miss since Dart had two years remaining and Jayden Daniels only had one.
He was clearly number three behind a sophomore, so unless Garrett Nussmeier got hurt, Walker wasn't going to play even in 2024 in the land of the corndog.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
That's the passing numbers but I think Sanders is a pretty good upgrade over Dart in the running department.
His best rushing stats came in 2021.

Sanders vs. Big 12 / Dart vs. SEC:
Season
Yr
G
Avg.
TD
Yards/G
Spencer Sanders
2021​
JR​
Jaxson Dart
2022​
SO​

Tomas Smid

May 4, 2010
Yikes! Sanders was Big 12 POY in 2021 when he led OSU to the Big 12 championship.

I swear Kiffin could fall in a pile and come out smelling like a rose. A month ago he was down to one qb with the loss of Reed to TAMU. Ironically, if Reed doesn’t bolt Kiffin probably doesn’t go after Howard. No doubt, Fisher offered Reed a ton of cash to stick it to Kiffin. That didn’t turn out well for Fishman.

If Dart stays and keeps the job, which he well could, Kiffin will have the best qb room in the conference. I’m sure he will put in some packages for Sanders who is probably the best runner of the three.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Yikes! Sanders was Big 12 POY in 2021 when he led OSU to the Big 12 championship.

I swear Kiffin could fall in a pile and come out smelling like a rose. A month ago he was down to one qb with the loss of Reed to TAMU. Ironically, if Reed doesn’t bolt Kiffin probably doesn’t go after Howard. No doubt, Fisher offered Reed a ton of cash to stick it to Kiffin. That didn’t turn out well for Fishman.

If Dart stays and keeps the job, which he well could, Kiffin will have the best qb room in the conference. I’m sure he will put in some packages for Sanders who is probably the best runner of the three.
“Best QB room in the conference.” Taking a sip of that Steven Willis Twitter kool aid I see. That whole thing is laughable. We giving out QB room awards now?

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
If he's just taking a big payday, why is Ole Miss spending precious NIL money on two QBs, one of which is not clearly an upgrade over their current QB and only has one year of eligibility? Obviously more good players are better for Ole Miss, but you'd think they'd want to save that NIL money for a bigger need.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login