Spurrier Jr. at Tulsa

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Two of those ain't worth the time.
Which two? And what about the other two?
OM gets recruiting bumps and State gets recruiting bump downs. They almost always are higher rated than us.
<<<<< Genespage is that way
Reality - they are almost always higher rated because they pull big name offensive players (specifically WR’s) from in state and punch a little above their weight with getting out of state guys. Before NIL, that was who their money guys prioritized. And those guys are expensive. But historically, we’ve controlled Mississippi for defensive talent, at least for the guys that stay in state. Them getting the top 2 DL in the state in a year where we sorely need DL is a massive red flag, and indicator of things to come with NIL.
But our class outside of a handful is down this year. We're offering marginal talent left and right too.
We always offer marginal talent, raw talent, or obscure talent that might get overlooked due to level of competition. We’ve gotten some of our best ever players that way. But there’s also been a ton of misses. We have to balance that with very high end, highly sought after players in state in order to succeed in the SEC. We wouldn’t have had anything close to what we had in 2010 without Fletcher Cox, Josh Boyd, Chris White, and KJ Wright on the field. There is no 2014 without Chris Jones and Matt Wells. There is no 2017-2018 without Simmons, or 2022 without Forbes. We have to land those guys when they are in our backyard, or you can just go ahead and put in our petition for the Big 12 and get it over with.

Reactions: josebrown

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
The transfers we've been getting are mostly guys who weren't getting playing time at better programs.

Compare that to what Purcell went and got for the Ladies BB this coming season. Three top notch transfers who were the best players on their respective teams.
I think that is who we are probably going to get along with G5 stars looking to upgrade maybe the occasional mid P5 school like Makai Polk.

I’d love to get starters from better programs but that is akin to having top 10 recruiting classes which we have never been able to do. Why? I don’t know but if that can be solved you found the secret sauce to having a playoff contender. My guess is, if a coach is truly an elite recruiter and solid on field coach he is going to be coaching at a top 15 school getting top 15 money with top 15 resources. None of which applies to us.

For women’s basketball, we landed that coach, became an elite team, and let him get away. We missed on a hire, and we saw the results. Hopefully we hit on one, we know he’s an elite recruiter and we don’t let him get away.

Reactions: She Mate Me

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Facts aren’t takes, Little WKU on the road gained more yards against #3 Ohio State than our offense did against LSU at home.

0-8 in the sec will render all the narratives pointless.
How much would you like to bet on 0-8?

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Beat me to it.

Some **** just deserves no response, but SPS is all about responding to everything, and dumb stuff twice.
Me 2. The horse has been beaten to death, walked dry and now we have the soothsayer calling its spirit so we can chastise it one more time.

Reactions: She Mate Me

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Facts aren’t takes, Little WKU on the road gained more yards against #3 Ohio State than our offense did against LSU at home.

0-8 in the sec will render all the narratives pointless.
Do you really want to play this game?

Are you purposely ignoring how many times the Air Raid put up absurdly bad numbers against great (and some not so great) defenses? If not, I can recommended several neurologists that can help with your condition.

• Haha
Reactions: blitz2Win

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Do you really want to play this game?

Are you purposely ignoring how many times the Air Raid put up absurdly bad numbers against great (and some not so great) defenses? If not, I can recommended several neurologists that can help with your condition.
He’s an idiot. It’s not a game. He just has a bottom 50% iq.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I would be interested to know who you think we will beat. Auburn ?? Unless this defense improves drastically which I can't imagine Auburn would be the only opportunity and it might be a stretch. Maybe we outscore them. Kentucky Arky and OM are doubtful

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
I would be interested to know who you think we will beat. Auburn ?? Unless this defense improves drastically which I can't imagine Auburn would be the only opportunity and it might be a stretch. Maybe we outscore them. Kentucky Arky and OM are doubtful
I’ve said it once already but we seemingly have folks who can’t think outside of their maroon glasses.

Kentucky:
1. Home Game +1 to us
2. Leary > Will
3. Stoops > Sly Arnett
2 out of 3 to Kentucky.

Auburn:
1. @ Auburn
2. Will > Whoever they trot out.
3. Freeze > Zach Croom
2 out of 3 to Auburn.

Arky:
1. @ Ark
2. KJ > Will
3. Pittman = Arnett
2 out of 3 to Arkansas.

Ole Miss:
1. Home Game +1 to us.
2. Dart > Will
3. Kiffin > Ignorarnett
2 out of 3 to Ole Miss.

It will be a minor miracle for us to win those games because we are never at an advantage in 2 of the 3 most important things to have in college football.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I’ve said it once already but we seemingly have folks who can’t think outside of their maroon glasses.

Kentucky:
1. Home Game +1 to us
2. Leary > Will
3. Stoops > Sly Arnett
2 out of 3 to Kentucky.

Auburn:
1. @ Auburn
2. Will > Whoever they trot out.
3. Freeze > Zach Croom
2 out of 3 to Auburn.

Arky:
1. @ Ark
2. KJ > Will
3. Pittman = Arnett
2 out of 3 to Arkansas.

Ole Miss:
1. Home Game +1 to us.
2. Dart > Will
3. Kiffin > Ignorarnett
2 out of 3 to Ole Miss.

It will be a minor miracle for us to win those games because we are never at an advantage in 2 of the 3 most important things to have in college football.
You want to bet since it’s so clear?

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
You want to bet since it’s so clear?
How about instead of trying to bet everyone something you attempt to put together an intelligent response?

I know I know. That’s obviously incredibly difficult for you to do.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
How about instead of trying to bet everyone something you attempt to put together an intelligent response?

I know I know. That’s obviously difficult for you to do.
I’ll give an intelligent response to something I read that’s intelligent.

Otherwise I’ll call you out on your stupidity.

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
I’ll give an intelligent response to something I read that’s intelligent.

Otherwise I’ll call you out on your stupidity.
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

You’d actually have to be intelligent to call someone out. Yelling bet over and over again isn’t calling someone out. It’s an infantile response.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
My take is the next head coach we hire needs to be a head coach in a mid major or division II like Kansas did with Leipold. Hire the best one we can get. No more first time head coaches. We live in too tough a neighborhood to let someone "cut their teeth" at this job. I think Mullen was the only one that somewhat worked out here.
I agree. We need to find a Head Coach with mid-major experience.

Sincerely,

Joe Moorhead.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login