Stansbury has won 4 SEC West titles the past 6 seasons

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
It's past time to retire the notion that he is a bad or even an average floor coach. He is a good coach and a good recruiter. He has the most consistent program in the SEC West this decade. You don't accomplish that by being an average coach. Has Gottfried done that? No. Did Brady? No. Heath? Nope. Stansbury should easily be considered a top 5 coach in this conference and people need to stop blasting his coaching skills.

Eventually Stansbury will make it to a Sweet 16 and further because he keeps putting his teams in contention for SEC overall and division titles and keeps putting his teams in position for NCAA bids. Sooner or later things will line up for us.

jackbaddawg

Nov 16, 2005
Looks like the west has alot more down years than the east has. Like Ron says... That's basketball.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
The first thing everyone says is how "dirty" Stans is as a recruiter.

I just find it ridiculous that UofL/UK fans have the audacity to even suggest someone is "dirty" in their recruiting tactics.

Stansbury has done well, and with experience/support, he is destined to have greater successes. The team this year is probably the most talented we have had in a long time, let's hope they can put together a nice run. Rhodes is finally performing, so it should be interesting.

1MSUDawgFan

Feb 23, 2008
Quote:_________________________________________________The first thing everyone says is how "dirty" Stans is as a recruiter. _________________________________________________

That's what I hear in Arkansas all the time too. To me, that's the ultimate compliment, unlless of course there turns out to be info that proves it correct. The NCAA was on our campus for 2 years and still no info even suggseting he cheats. When I hear that, it just makes me smile. It means we are whipping their *** and the only thing they can say to make themselves feel better is that we have to cheat to beat them.

Three Putt

Nov 15, 2005
to this argument:

Dear People of the MBanner Nation, please take heed! We are Mize State University, the home of the infamous jumbotron speller (MARON) and special friend "Mic Man" lore! Home of the halftime chicken toss! Home of Your Shell Jobber! Home of collapsed decks and crushed outfield fences that prophesy of the deMIZE of our once-proud baseball program. Home of unanimous votes by league ADs to outlaw our historical symbol. Home of head coaches who castrate cattle and complain of helium filled footballs. Home of ADs who seek to thwart orgnized efforts of fans to enjoy gameday. Home of annual last place athletic funding and first place for an AD who uses it as an excuse daily. Home of an AD who refused to spend money on a replay machine, forcing the basketball coach to have to go out and beg supporters for the money to buy it. Home of ... well you get the picture.

MBanner Nation! Understanding how ****** the leadership in the athletic department has been for over 20 years, it is a F'N MIRACLE that we have a basketball program that CONSISTENTLY COMPETES in the upper half of the league. This is in no small part the result of a head coach who does many things right while minimizing the things that he does wrong. I, for one, am quite satisfied with what the man has done when you consider what he was up against.

MadDawg.sixpack

May 22, 2006
and if Croom was to ever become the consistent winner that Stans has been, the guys in Alabama/Tenn/FL will all talk about what a dirty recruiter he is. When people start accusing you of cheating, you know you are doing your job right. Nobody blames a loser of cheating.

BigErnMcracken

May 23, 2006
stansbury = mike bianco

Eventually, he will make it there. The thing these two coaches do though that 97% of others dont is that they have a chance EVERY year....

Polk = Brady / Gottfried.

Sure Polk made the CWS last year....we had a great run, however, would you trade him for Bianco? Bianco might have choked 4 years in a row but by god their seasons were good and they at least had a chance. We struggle to make the damn SECT......

Woof Man Jack

Apr 20, 2006
I work with a bigtime KY fan...we were talking about Kentucky playing for first place in the SEC East this weekend..so I asked him if he was surprised KY is doing well in the conference, after their slow start in the non-conference. He actually said, seriously, that the only KY/SEC surprise this year so far, was losing to Mississippi State. He said, "I know they've got a good team, but I'm surprised we didn't beat win." He was having none of my "well, it was a road game, and it's tough to win on the road in the SEC" argument. Unreal.

He also thinks UT wins a close one against KY this weekend. I think UT blows them out of the gym.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
to call another school dirty is like an SMU alum saying the same thing. UK almost got the death penalty in '89.

And like others have said, when everyone thinks you're cheating, it means you are beating them. Also, the NCAA gave us a 2-year anal probe of our athletic department (Thanks Jackie!) and found jack **** on any sport except football.