Starkvegas in crisis, Oxford is hopping

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I think it’s possible he’s their Dan Mullen if Mullen was good on Twitter.

They have a program building game opportunity this weekend though.

Reactions: patdog

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
They are winning the West. If you can’t see how it’s set up perfectly for them you’re just willfully blind. So prepare yourselves. Could’ve been us but we decided to rebuild.
Yea that was genius on our part. We willed our coach to die so we could start completely over for the 3rd time in a decade. Get real.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

They’ve beaten Bama in recent history when Bama was better than they are today.

Was that a program building opportunity?

IT IS NEVER AS GOOD AS IT SEEMS.
It is never as bad as it seems.

Reactions: LanierDawg

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
This sounds EXACTLY like last season. Some of our “fans” were dogging Leach and the team while heaping praise on OM and Kiffin. And what happened? We beat them in Oxford and finished ahead of them in the standings. Some of y’all are so obsessed with them, that it seems you pay more attention to them than to State.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Last year's highlight was defeating KY at Oxford in the final seconds. Coaching genius. Top 10 playoff team. Sell it
26-13 (14-11 SEC). I'd take that any time from any coach. Like it or not, he's a damn good coach and he's doing a good job there.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
When they beat someone with a winning record talk to me plus Tulane would have spanked that *** if they had their QB. Ole Miss gets the hype every year. I never buy into it. You are a fool if you do. They lost 4 of their last 5 games last year. Many of you were buying the hype then. Stop worrying about Ole Miss. You also have to learn that Ole Miss has a journalist school and have people in all media outlets. They will always get the hype in the press, and we will not. Why the hell do you think the Clarion Lair always get things wrong about us?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
In a conversation about what a coach has done, you want to wait and include what hasnt even happened?
The comments have been about what Kiffin has done up to now- try commenting on that.
he beat Kentucky last year. Lost to State and lost to Texas Tech in the Texas Bowl game. Lost to Ark last year and actually should have lost the KY game in Oxford as well.

lost to Bama every single time, lost to LSU every year but once

Has not had to play Georgia but has whooped up on Vandy and Tulane every year.

One good season in 2021. Will lose to LSU, Bama, Georgia this year and possibly 1-2 more SEC teams this year.

Buy the hype, drink it up, gets media attention and posts silly things on Twitter... but the stats don't lie. And like I said, lets look at the end of the season and then sell me all that pre-season garbage hype

patdog

May 28, 2007
he beat Kentucky last year. Lost to State and lost to Texas Tech in the Texas Bowl game. Lost to Ark last year and actually should have lost the KY game in Oxford as well.

lost to Bama every single time, lost to LSU every year but once

Has not had to play Georgia but has whooped up on Vandy and Tulane every year.

One good season in 2021. Will lose to LSU, Bama, Georgia this year and possibly 1-2 more SEC teams this year.

Buy the hype, drink it up, gets media attention and posts silly things on Twitter... but the stats don't lie. And like I said, lets look at the end of the season and then sell me all that pre-season garbage hype
He went 8-5 (4-4) last year. Again, I'll take that every time. Especially when you mix in a 10-win season into that resume.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005

I had a guy at the gym start talking smack with me. I had a Miss State shirt on. I said you must be buying the hype and he said this is the best team ole miss has had in 20 years. He blamed losing the last four of five on the fact that Kiffin was looking for another job. I guess he could be their Mullen. I told him Well be prepared again. He said will not happen that he is making too much money. I told him if someone else wants him and it's a school that has a chance to win a NC they will have to money to buy him out of his contract. He will be looking. He wants the National Championship, and he will not win that at Ole Miss.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I mean what do people expect grove nation to say about ole miss.
Yep. They'll shine a turd when they have to. Labeling themselves the most entertaining program in football bc Lane is passive aggressive on the internet and while Colorado draws over 9 million viewers AT MIDNIGHT is a little much even for a 2nd rate hype site.

Last edited:

STATEgrad04

Mar 3, 2008
Perception is reality with them, and they have mastered it. While end results may not fall in their favor, they do an incredible job of hyping themselves. They have the media, they have the flash, they have the coach, they have the gameday experience, they can lose by two touchdowns and look good doing it, and they get the benefit of the doubt every year with preseason hype because of it. We can beat a team by 4 touchdowns and manage to look bad doing it (SELA).

This is why we needed to hire Deion or Freeze or someone that falls into their category (I know I know, ducks for cover)...Hear me out. What State needs to do is to make a hire that is going to turn the football world on its head, raise some eyebrows, turn some heads. Deion brings immediate exposure and no shortage of hype, Freeze is so controversial you immediately get talked about non stop, good or bad, but the guy recruits and wins. We are not going to compete with NIL, we are not going to be able to go hire Dabo or Saban, so we need something flashy to create buzz for ourselves, because we are obviously not getting the above treatment. OM did the same thing in basketball. It is a controversial hire, but at the end of the day the dude can coach and the only ones really giving them a hard time was/is us. If they compete, any controversy will be gone after 3 games.

We did this to some degree with JWS...a different era of football, but he had been fired for cheating, and was misunderstood in the football world, but he won and didnt shy away from anybody. Any and all controversy went away. We also did this with Leach. He was as "unique" a head coach as we have ever hired. He was a media darling until we muzzled him for a completely innocent tweet. He had just started to re-emerge when the most unfortunate thing imaginable occurred. We have got to figure out something that is going to set us apart going forward, and quit toeing the line with "safe" hires. We also cant afford to be scared to move on from a coach when its not working, quit kicking the can down the road.

Reactions: 77Dog

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
This sounds EXACTLY like last season. Some of our “fans” were dogging Leach and the team while heaping praise on OM and Kiffin. And what happened? We beat them in Oxford and finished ahead of them in the standings. Some of y’all are so obsessed with them, that it seems you pay more attention to them than to State.
There are some undercover OM fans on this board and I think a lot of us would be surprised that a few of them are pretty well known members.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Could you blow Lame Kitten any more enthusiastically?
Lame Kitten?

denzel washington cringe GIF

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
He went 8-5 (4-4) last year. Again, I'll take that every time. Especially when you mix in a 10-win season into that resume.
We had that with Leach and a vocal portion of our fanbase hated it. Some are still talking crap about Leach and the Air Raid offense. If Leach were still alive, we would’ve won 10 games this season. I’m sure of it.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We had that with Leach and a vocal portion of our fanbase hated it. Some are still talking crap about Leach and the Air Raid offense. If Leach were still alive, we would’ve won 10 games this season. I’m sure of it.
Last year was a good year and I'm glad Leach went out on a good year. But he wasn't winning 10 this year.

Reactions: Ranchdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login