Starkvegas in crisis, Oxford is hopping

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
This sounds EXACTLY like last season. Some of our “fans” were dogging Leach and the team while heaping praise on OM and Kiffin. And what happened? We beat them in Oxford and finished ahead of them in the standings. Some of y’all are so obsessed with them, that it seems you pay more attention to them than to State.
giphy-downsized.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Darryl Steight

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
His track record at his previous stops says otherwise. He had 11 win seasons at both TT & Wazzu.

Yep, but it's been decided on Sixpack in case you haven't heard that Leach couldn't hack it in the SEC.

And this is a 42 post thread on an Ole Miss fan site article. Why?

These are the people who literally publish made-up interviews where recruits extoll virtues of Oxford. Just stop.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Milro is starting and the worst thing that could have happen to Ole Miss is Bama struggling and being embarrassed.
You would think. But they were struggling and embarrassed by Texas going into the South Florida game too. And considering talent levels and opponents, their offensive performance was probably even worse than ours was. Bama's got problems on offense like they haven't had in a long time.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
His track record at his previous stops says otherwise. He had 11 win seasons at both TT & Wazzu.
He also had Graham Harrell and Minshew at QB. Neither were scared to throw the football to an open receiver.

Reactions: patdog

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
You would think. But they were struggling and embarrassed by Texas going into the South Florida game too. And considering talent levels and opponents, their offensive performance was probably even worse than ours was. Bama's got problems on offense like they haven't had in a long time.
I agree about Alabama but Ole Miss really hasn't showed much either. Dart is their leading rusher with only 213 yards over three games. He is running because the offensive line can't pass block either. Their preseason All SEC running back only has134 total rushing yards in three and if I had to guess those came on a few big plays. Alabama is going to Alabama them. Alabama is going to get right over the next two weeks.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Adam Sandler GIF

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
The schedule this year is not the one we usually win more than 6 or 7 with; Bama and LSU at home and Arkansas, Auburn, and A&M on the road,

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Are you talking about the same guy that finished behind us in the SEC West last season?
Yes, while we have infighting and doubt they think they are going to the playoffs. They are wrong but they get to enjoy the dream while we chew on lemons. I had that feeling with Mullen, Leach and Sherrill at least for some seasons.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
To say Leach couldn’t win one more game than last year, 9+bowl is ridiculous. Let’s say he loses to LSU at home, and loses to a weakened Alabama. the rest of the games are all very winnable. no national champ Georgia, instead a very mediocre South Carolina with a bad O line.

A big difference with Leach is he would have used the portal intelligently to sign a Randy Charlton or a Jackie Matthews to shore up the pass rush and the secondary, rather than waste NiL on Spivey, Goede and Roberson.

Year four would he have one more game ? Probably

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
26-13 (14-11 SEC). I'd take that any time from any coach. Like it or not, he's a damn good coach and he's doing a good job there.
And, keep in mind, 3 of those wins were against mighty Vandy.
I wish we had played Vandy for like the last 60+ yrs straight. That’s a layup game.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It's gonna be really hard to get very much better when we compare ourselves to Oxford, instead of other college towns.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
since so many easily forget the Fighting Kiffin Black Bears' biggest win of 2022, let's look at it again

OpponentResultOveralSEC
Troy*W 28–101-0
Central Arkansas*W 59–32-0
at Georgia Tech*W 42–03-0
Tulsa*W 35–274-0
No. 7 KentuckyW 22–195-01-0
at VanderbiltW 52–286-02-0
AuburnW 48–347-03-0
at LSUL 20–457-13-1
at Texas A&MW 31–288-14-1
No. 9 AlabamaL 24–308-24-2
at ArkansasL 27–428-34-3
Mississippi StateL 22–248-44-4
vs. Texas Tech*L 25–428-5

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The ball has landed on RED 6 times in a row, so I will bet BLACK and surely win!

Your comment and my roulette comment both fail basic logic since neither event is predicated on what has happened in the past.
- It doesnt matter if it lands on RED 20 times, the next roll has the same odds regardless of history.
- It doesnt matter what a coach has done at some arbitrarily selected season at a different program in a different decade, that does not impact would may have happened on the next season at his current school.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
The ball has landed on RED 6 times in a row, so I will bet BLACK and surely win!

Your comment and my roulette comment both fail basic logic since neither event is predicated on what has happened in the past.
- It doesnt matter if it lands on RED 20 times, the next roll has the same odds regardless of history.
- It doesnt matter what a coach has done at some arbitrarily selected season at a different program in a different decade, that does not impact would may have happened on the next season at his current school.
You don’t understand probability as it pertains to real world outcomes. It would’ve been shorter to just write that.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
You don’t understand probability as it pertains to real world outcomes. It would’ve been shorter to just write that.
Building a program with player development and having a system become second nature to fourth and fifth year players is not roulette or random chance. there’s a reason good coaches have peak years in years four and five. This should be obvious.

patdog

May 28, 2007
He also had Graham Harrell and Minshew at QB. Neither were scared to throw the football to an open receiver.
So you’re saying having NFL quarterbacks helps win a lot of games. What a concept. Could anyone imagine Will Rogers in the NFL? You think he’s scared of a pass rush or throwing deep now?

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
I’m not sure how anyone could watch Ole Miss play the first 3 weeks and actually be excited about the schedule going forward, but the good news for them is the entire SEC sucks about as much as they do so they have as good a chance as any. They do this **** every year with the front loaded cupcake schedule and then get boatraced back to reality in October. They will be cussing out Kiffin again soon enough.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’m not sure how anyone could watch Ole Miss play the first 3 weeks and actually be excited about the schedule going forward, but the good news for them is the entire SEC sucks about as much as they do so they have as good a chance as any. They do this **** every year with the front loaded cupcake schedule and then get boatraced back to reality in October. They will be cussing out Kiffin again soon enough.
They're 3-0. I see wins vs Arkansas, Vandy, UL Monroe and MSU, so that's 7 wins. Then maybe A&M and/or Auburn. I like their outlook a lot better than ours.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
They're 3-0. I see wins vs Arkansas, Vandy, UL Monroe and MSU, so that's 7 wins. Then maybe A&M and/or Auburn. I like their outlook a lot better than ours.
Mississippi State and Arkansas are 100 % tossups for them. People said the same **** last year. They barely beat 17ing Tulane with a backup quarterback and gave up 500 yards of offense to Georgia Tech.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
What Leach did at a university in a other conference 2 decades ago would have 0 bearing on what he would have done at MSU this season.

Your first sentence is meaningless. How does one calculate probability of a hypothetical that is based on flawed logic? Based on your post, apparently real world outcomes are part of the calculation?
OK then.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
What Leach did at a university in a other conference 2 decades ago would have 0 bearing on what he would have done at MSU this season.

Your first sentence is meaningless. How does one calculate probability of a hypothetical that is based on flawed logic? Based on your post, apparently real world outcomes are part of the calculation?
OK then.
I’m not going to teach you finite math on a message board. But life isn’t a roulette wheel. You say Leach wouldn’t have had success at MSU similar to his successes at similarly positioned universities in other conferences and cite a roulette wheel as your evidence. It just shows you don’t understand how any of that works. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing I guess.

I mean following your logic Nick Saban would have no better chance at success at Ohio State or USC than any other coach because according to you prior performance is no indicator of future performance. That may be true in investments, but not in the real world.

eric fanning page GIF

Reactions: blitz2Win

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
This sounds EXACTLY like last season. Some of our “fans” were dogging Leach and the team while heaping praise on OM and Kiffin. And what happened? We beat them in Oxford and finished ahead of them in the standings. Some of y’all are so obsessed with them, that it seems you pay more attention to them than to State.
I regret that I have but one thumb to give.

Reactions: Ranchdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login