Strength of schedule did us in

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
How does team A win 39 games, 17 conference games and is a national seed

and team B win 38 games, 17 conference games, AND the season series and not host….

think real hard but it might have something to do with scheduling?!??????

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

and team B win 38 games, 17 conference games, AND the season series and not host….

Value of hindsight right? You’re a genius. Path of least resistance is to beat the bad teams on the schedule, and this is a non factor.

Reality says though, if we play a harder SOS, we lose more. So it’s still on the team/coaches.

SEC schedule takes care of RPI. We just have to win, and we didn’t. So STFU about it. It is what it is.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Value of hindsight right? You’re a genius. Path of least resistance is to beat the bad teams on the schedule, and this is a non factor.

Reality says though, if we play a harder SOS, we lose more. So it’s still on the team/coaches.

SEC schedule takes care of RPI. We just have to win, and we didn’t. So STFU about it. It is what it is.
The gulf is playing a good schedule and winning 1 more game… vs playing a bad schedule is a national seed compared to going to Virginia.

but the schedule isn’t an issue.

Go back on the porch and read the paper old man….

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Team A went 22-1 vs the #102 NC schedule.

Team B went 19-6 vs the #132 NC schedule.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if team B had gone 24-1 or 23-2 vs that same #132 NC schedule, they would have easily been a national seed.

So yes, my crazy *** is saying that winning the NC games was more important than who they were against. I know, I'm a fool.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
They probably should start having two Streight of schedules. One for conference and one of non-conference. I would imagine the top 8 teams in the SEC could win most of the other non P4 conference.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Team A went 22-1 vs the #102 NC schedule.

Team B went 19-6 vs the #132 NC schedule.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if team B had gone 24-1 or 23-2 vs that same #132 NC schedule, they would have easily been a national seed.

So yes, my crazy *** is saying that winning the NC games was more important than who they were against. I know, I'm a fool.
You are. If you flip 4 losses to wins. We aren’t a national seed.. we are a host though. Exact one peg below where we coulda shoulda woulda been…. Had we just…. You guessed it, played a real schedule.

our non conference schedule was 132. Higher than anyone hosted except Tennessee who won 50 games…..

Schedule better or win a ton…. I’ve asked but I’ll ask again… which is easier?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You are. If you flip 4 losses to wins. We aren’t a national seed.. we are a host though. Exact one peg below where we coulda shoulda woulda been…. Had we just…. You guessed it, played a real schedule.

our non conference schedule was 132. Higher than anyone hosted except Tennessee who won 50 games…..

Either. It’s pretty obvious to non-stupid people.

• Haha
Reactions: She Mate Me

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Either. It’s pretty obvious to non-stupid people.
Oh well we must be pretty bad. Seems like making a schedule would be way easier than getting 18-22 year olds to win every ooc game we play…. But then again I’m dealing with someone that doesn’t understand many concepts of the game above coach pitch.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
God you’re getting close to goat level.

Ive said many times you win all the games scheduling doesn’t matter. But if you’re not good enough to do that, which most aren’t, you need to play a schedule that’s tough. Because it rewards you.

so again we can either win all our games, or schedule tougher. I would say you can figure out which is easier to do… but I’m starting to think you might not be capable of doing so
Who said we had to win all of them? Just win 2 of the 5 Quad 4 losses and we’d easily be hosting. The 2 against APSU, Sunday Mizzou game, Air Force, Central Arkansas. Just win 2.

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Oh well we must be pretty bad. Seems like making a schedule would be way easier than getting 18-22 year olds to win every ooc game we play…. But then again I’m dealing with someone that doesn’t understand many concepts of the game above coach pitch.
I’ve forgotten more about baseball than you know. You’re a total dubmass.

But hey, teach your travel ballers how to do a fake pick off play.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Who said we had to win all of them? Just win 2 of the 5 Quad 4 losses and we’d easily be hosting. The 2 against APSU, Sunday Mizzou game, Air Force, Central Arkansas. Just win 2.
We were further away than that. The kept saying win this, win 2… we were never that close. …. But you had us hosting with the current resume so there’s that too

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

The Top 16 seeds are national seeds, oh genius of all geniuses.

You are wrong a lot to not accept being wrong.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
The Top 16 seeds are national seeds, oh genius of all geniuses.

You are wrong a lot to not accept being wrong.
When you can’t argue the facts argue the English. Guess we’ve finally found something your good at… proofreading a message board… lol

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
When you can’t argue the facts argue the English. Guess we’ve finally found something your good at… proofreading a message board… lol

You are a petulant child. My facts that refute your BS are attached to one of your ignorant, yet arrogant, posts above.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
You are a petulant child. My facts that refute your BS are attached to one of your ignorant, yet arrogant, posts above.
Facts that include your going to out a limb and say.., aren’t facts… they are opinion.

go back to proofreading. You were better at that

patdog

May 28, 2007
Taking the SEC games out that we blew leads in, had we split Austin Peay, swept AF, and beaten C Arkansas are hosting ?
That’s 3 more W’s and we’re sitting at 41 wins and RPI probably around 17-18.
Can't play the what if game. It goes just as much in the other direction too. Our record is what we deserve.

Reactions: HuntDawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Facts that include your going to out a limb and say.., aren’t facts… they are opinion.

go back to proofreading. You were better at that

The facts are there about the schedules and the wins. The opinion is just stating what's obvious to all but the most arrogantly ignorant.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
For the last two seeds I see why they didn't choose us. I do not agree on their selection criteria and I fully admit I'm biased. Several schools could make a case they deserved one of those two spots. We are one of those schools.

Time to move on and play ball

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
We were further away than that. The kept saying win this, win 2… we were never that close. …. But you had us hosting with the current resume so there’s that too
Yes I did. And I and everyone else on planet earth except 7-8 people had Arizona nowhere near the hosting picture. But 7-8 mongoloids ended up being the ones who made the decision that not only were they hosting, but they were hosting as the 17ing 13-seed, ahead of 3 other host schools.

I also said the whole time that what the committee decided would be a coin flip as to whether it was in our favor or not….and that was the case.

And spare me the BS about how we’re the “#5 ranked 2-seed”. That ain’t true and is not how the seeding works in the college baseball postseason.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darryl Steight

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Yes I did. And I and everyone else on planet earth except 7-8 people had Arizona nowhere near the hosting picture. But 7-8 mongoloids ended up being the ones who made the decision. I also said the whole time that what the committee decided would be a coin flip as to whether it was in our favor or not….and that was the case.

And spare me the BS about how we’re the “#5 ranked 2-seed”. That ain’t true and is not how the seeding works in the college baseball postseason.
Wasn’t a coin flip. We were probably 2-3 spots down the pecking order. 25th best rpi that won no part of a conference championship… the resume wasn’t there

The fact we kept being told win this game, that turned into win Missouri series, that turned into win one in Hoover, that turned into beat Texas am…

we were never in and were never a coin flip. We needed more. Unfortunately we couldn’t get it. One of the main reasons why we needed more was our poor non conference SOS.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I still would argue finishing 5th in a conference with 4 teams in the top 10 holds more weight than winning a conference of garbage teams.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Wasn’t a coin flip. We were probably 2-3 spots down the pecking order. 25th best rpi that won no part of a conference championship… the resume wasn’t there
We were 2 spots down the 17ed up pecking order that had #31 RPI Arizona as the 13-seed and a mediocre ECU team as the final host site.

We were pretty definitively the 2nd highest rated 2-seed when considering all the factors….only behind Wake Forest.

Wake got sent only 186 miles to the #16 seed….pretty good draw for them.

UC Irvine got sent 939 miles to the #15 seed Oregon State….not great, but also not totally their fault. See below.

San Diego got sent only about 200 miles to #14 seed UCSB, which is good, but that was only because UC Irvine couldn’t get sent there as they are in the same conference as UCSB. Basically UCI got screwed by geography and the regional placement rules, with San Diego being the beneficiaries.

DBU got sent 954 miles to Tucson to face #13 Arizona. Not great, but about the best situation they could have hoped for except getting shipped to one of the Oklahoma schools, which would be not as bad travel-wise but a much better opponent. Really a wash there…not great either way.

We got sent 763 miles to #12 UVA. Not terrible compared to any of the above except the SD special situation and Wake-ECU.

Nebraska got sent 384 miles to face a really damn good Oklahoma State team. Tough draw.

South Carolina got sent fairly close to face a good NC State….another geographic beneficiary situation here. They could not send Duke or Wake here. I’d have honestly preferred MSU going to Raleigh with South Carolina getting sent to UVA or Clemson. Even though on paper that is a worse draw, I think UVA is the better team.

Duke got sent halfway across the country to #9 OU. Gross. Easily the biggest screw job of all the 2-seeds. And all because the NCAA was obsessed with getting GA Tech as the #3 seed in Athens, so they couldn’t send the higher seed Duke to the place that made the most sense. Another gem from that clownshow of a committee.

Everyone else got sent to a national seed, so its hard to say any of them got preferential treatment.

The fact we kept being told win this game, that turned into win Missouri series, that turned into win one in Hoover, that turned into beat Texas am…
I don’t remember it that way. Everyone said 5-2 down the stretch against Ark, UNA, Mizz would get us there. Only got 4-3 there.

So then it was that we needed to show out in Hoover and win probably 3 games. Only won 2.

Came up just short, and still probably deserved it.

we were never in and were never a coin flip. We needed more. Unfortunately we couldn’t get it. One of the main reasons why we needed more was our poor non conference SOS.

You’re certainly a coin flip when 2 teams that make it in ahead of you are the #24 and #31 RPI teams, when you are at #25. We had a host worthy resume and the committee took at least one team with a body of work that was far worse. End of the day, there were 3 spots for 6 teams: Arizona, ECU, Oregon State, Duke, MSU, and Wake Forest. Not a lot of separation in that group, except for….laughably….the other 5 teams from Arizona (who got the highest seed of all of them). In my opinion they literally selected the 3 worst teams in that group.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
We were 2 spots down the 17ed up pecking order that had #31 RPI Arizona as the 13-seed and a mediocre ECU team as the final host site.

We were pretty definitively the 2nd highest rated 2-seed when considering all the factors….only behind Wake Forest.

Wake got sent only 186 miles to the #16 seed….pretty good draw for them.

UC Irvine got sent 939 miles to the #15 seed Oregon State….not great, but also not totally their fault. See below.

San Diego got sent only about 200 miles to #14 seed UCSB, which is good, but that was only because UC Irvine couldn’t get sent there as they are in the same conference as UCSB. Basically UCI got screwed by geography and the regional placement rules, with San Diego being the beneficiaries.

DBU got sent 954 miles to Tucson to face #13 Arizona. Not great, but about the best situation they could have hoped for except getting shipped to one of the Oklahoma schools, which would be not as bad travel-wise but a much better opponent. Really a wash there…not great either way.

We got sent 763 miles to #12 UVA. Not terrible compared to any of the above except the SD special situation and Wake-ECU.

Nebraska got sent 384 miles to face a really damn good Oklahoma State team. Tough draw.

South Carolina got sent fairly close to face a good NC State….another geographic beneficiary situation here. They could not send Duke or Wake here. I’d have honestly preferred MSU going to Raleigh with South Carolina getting sent to UVA or Clemson. Even though on paper that is a worse draw, I think UVA is the better team.

Duke got sent halfway across the country to #9 OU. Gross. Easily the biggest screw job of all the 2-seeds. And all because the NCAA was obsessed with getting GA Tech as the #3 seed in Athens, so they couldn’t send the higher seed Duke to the place that made the most sense. Another gem from that clownshow of a committee.

Everyone else got sent to a national seed, so its hard to say any of them got preferential treatment.

I don’t remember it that way. Everyone said 5-2 down the stretch against Ark, UNA, Mizz would get us there. Only got 4-3 there.

So then it was that we needed to show out in Hoover and win probably 3 games. Only won 2.

Came up just short, and still probably deserved it.

You’re certainly a coin flip when 2 teams that make it in ahead of you are the #24 and #31 RPI teams, when you are at #25. We had a host worthy resume and the committee took at least one team with a body of work that was far worse. End of the day, there were 3 spots for 6 teams: Arizona, ECU, Oregon State, Duke, MSU, and Wake Forest. Not a lot of separation in that group, except for….laughably….the other 5 teams from Arizona (who got the highest seed of all of them). In my opinion they literally selected the 3 worst teams in that group.
You forgot Indiana state. You forgot Dallas Baptist. Both who reputable sources had as hosts.

Oregon state and ecu were locks the entire time. Ecu fell into the bubble the last day.

there was 1 maybe 2 spots left. Ecu, us, Dallas Baptist, duke, wake, Indiana state. When our rpi fell to 25 we had zero shot. Zero. The other teams selected above us were both champions, Arizona twice, and played a tough zona the toughest, non conference schedule.

goes back to very simply— we didn’t schedule well enough

Past that: if you didn’t hear you didn’t listen. D1 baseball said no get swept in Arkansas. Then it was win the mizzou series, then it was win one in Hoover, then it was beat Texas am. It was never enough because our resume didn’t add up.

you thought ooc schedule didn’t matter you went on a huge tangent about it. Telling us all about how many sec teams who won 17 games didn’t host. You also told us 17 win sec teams didn’t get top 8 seeds. Guess what…. Both happened this year and the major separation was…. Non conference schedule

end of day: we were 2-3 spots easily from hosting. They weren’t going to take a 25 rpi non champion. We want to sit around and blame the committee, but we should blame us. We weren’t a coin flip. If we want to fix this to never be in this spot again.. we can do two things. Win all our games like Tennessee did. Or schedule tougher in the non conference. It’s obvious to anyone what should be done. However there are a cluster on this board that seems to think our schedule is fine…. And those were the biggest voices to us hosting…

Aug 22, 2012
I think our schedule could benefit from playing a 3 game series with USM annually. Should do it like USC-Clemson does theirs.

Friday - Starkville
Saturday - Biloxi/Pearl
Sunday - Hattiesburg

Both teams get a road game and neutral site against someone who will have a solid RPI/KPI/FBI whatever.

Reactions: patdog

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I think our schedule could benefit from playing a 3 game series with USM annually. Should do it like USC-Clemson does theirs.

Friday - Starkville
Saturday - Biloxi/Pearl
Sunday - Hattiesburg

Both teams get a road game and neutral site against someone who will have a solid RPI/KPI/FBI whatever.
Exact. Just go look what Georgia did.

3 game series with Georgia tech
Mid week game with Clemson

that easy.

they got also snowbirds coming down to play mid week games early with Michigan state and Iowa. That may be pushing for us. But to get a 3 game series with southern miss and then a mid week series with LaTech is perfect. We aren’t going 0-5. Could go 5-0. And will be rewarded if we go 3-2, and won’t be punished if we go 2-3.

Makes too much sense

Reactions: patdog

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
You forgot Indiana state. You forgot Dallas Baptist. Both who reputable sources had as hosts.

First off, who cares what “reputable sources” say? They don’t know any more than you or I. But unlike us, they actually get paid for their baseless speculation.- How many reputable sources had Arizona as the 13-seed?

Secondly, I didn’t forget DBU. And the draws that Indiana State and DBU got indicate that they were not considered very favorably by the committee. ****, ISU got sent to the #2 national seed. DBU got sent over 900 miles when they could have been placed at Texas A&M, OU, or Ok State.

Oregon state and ecu were locks the entire time. Ecu fell into the bubble the last day.

So ECU was a lock “the entire time”….except for the only day that it actually mattered? Interesting perspective…..

there was 1 maybe 2 spots left. Ecu, us, Dallas Baptist, duke, wake, Indiana state. When our rpi fell to 25 we had zero shot. Zero. The other teams selected above us were both champions, Arizona twice, and played a tough zona the toughest, non conference schedule.

Champions of shítty leagues aren’t entitled to hosting. aGAIN, Louisiana won a better league than the PAC-?? and didn’t get to host. And non-conference SOS doesn’t matter nearly as much as overall SOS, especially if you perform poorly against the schedule (as AZ did)….and its ALL baked in to the final RPI calculation. You can split hairs on certain things in the RPI….like comparing #24 to #25 or #9 to #13. But doing so with #31 vs. #9, 14, 15, 18, 24, 25 is a clownshow approach. Period. The committee 17ed it up royally with the Arizona selection, there’s just no 2 ways about it.

goes back to very simply— we didn’t schedule well enough
We scheduled well enough to host if we only had 3ish Quad 4 losses, which is a figure we’ve met or exceeded just about every other year that we’ve hosted if you looked it up, I bet. We probably didn’t schedule well enough to be a national seed without 20+ SEC wins, but I’ll give that a pass given where we came from.

Past that: if you didn’t hear you didn’t listen. D1 baseball said no get swept in Arkansas. Then it was win the mizzou series, then it was win one in Hoover, then it was beat Texas am. It was never enough because our resume didn’t add up.

Again, you can just replace “D1 baseball” with “random SPS poster”. I didn’t listen, because they don’t know any more than we do. I was personally of the opinion that we could lock up a host site with a 5-2 finish, plus maybe just one win in Hoover. We went 4-3. Then after that, I thought we’d be able to do it with 3 wins in Hoover. Won 2. Came up just short of getting the security we needed to be a lock. Lost too many of the Quad 4 games, straddled the fence too long in SEC play, straddled the fence in Hoover, and put ourselves at the mercy of a clownshow committee that has no idea WTF they are doing.

you thought ooc schedule didn’t matter you went on a huge tangent about it.

Because it didn’t. Don’t lose 5 Q4 games. Just lose 2 or 3. Not that difficult. And if you do, better put 21-22 total SEC wins on the board (including Governor’s Cup) with 18-19 of those coming in the regular season. We just kept barely missing the mark. It wasn’t any one thing that cost us. But I too wish the schedule was a little stronger, in spite of my disagreement with you.

Telling us all about how many sec teams who won 17 games didn’t host.

Which was quite a bit.

You also told us 17 win sec teams didn’t get top 8 seeds.

Because that doesn’t typically happen, may have never happened before this year, actually.

Guess what…. Both happened this year and the major separation was…. Non conference schedule

Nah, the major difference was actually that UGA went an absurd 22-1 in the nonconference (which was still outside the Top 100 in SOS). And their SEC slate / overall SOS was very difficult. Had we gone 22-1 against this year’s non-conference slate and not changed a thing about the SEC results, we too would have been a national seed, 100% guaranteed.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Champions of shítty leagues aren’t entitled to hosting.

I agree with this, they already have enough automatic qualifiers from the shítty tournament champions. Let them in the tourney but don't use that to let them host, how stupid is that.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
First off, who cares what “reputable sources” say? They don’t know any more than you or I. But unlike us, they actually get paid for their baseless speculation.- How many reputable sources had Arizona as the 13-seed?

Secondly, I didn’t forget DBU. And the draws that Indiana State and DBU got indicate that they were not considered very favorably by the committee. ****, ISU got sent to the #2 national seed. DBU got sent over 900 miles when they could have been placed at Texas A&M, OU, or Ok State.

So ECU was a lock “the entire time”….except for the only day that it actually mattered? Interesting perspective…..

Champions of shítty leagues aren’t entitled to hosting. aGAIN, Louisiana won a better league than the PAC-?? and didn’t get to host. And non-conference SOS doesn’t matter nearly as much as overall SOS, especially if you perform poorly against the schedule (as AZ did)….and its ALL baked in to the final RPI calculation. You can split hairs on certain things in the RPI….like comparing #24 to #25 or #9 to #13. But doing so with #31 vs. #9, 14, 15, 18, 24, 25 is a clownshow approach. Period. The committee 17ed it up royally with the Arizona selection, there’s just no 2 ways about it.

We scheduled well enough to host if we only had 3ish Quad 4 losses, which is a figure we’ve met or exceeded just about every other year that we’ve hosted if you looked it up, I bet. We probably didn’t schedule well enough to be a national seed without 20+ SEC wins, but I’ll give that a pass given where we came from.

Again, you can just replace “D1 baseball” with “random SPS poster”. I didn’t listen, because they don’t know any more than we do. I was personally of the opinion that we could lock up a host site with a 5-2 finish, plus maybe just one win in Hoover. We went 4-3. Then after that, I thought we’d be able to do it with 3 wins in Hoover. Won 2. Came up just short of getting the security we needed to be a lock. Lost too many of the Quad 4 games, straddled the fence too long in SEC play, straddled the fence in Hoover, and put ourselves at the mercy of a clownshow committee that has no idea WTF they are doing.

Because it didn’t. Don’t lose 5 Q4 games. Just lose 2 or 3. Not that difficult. And if you do, better put 21-22 total SEC wins on the board (including Governor’s Cup) with 18-19 of those coming in the regular season. We just kept barely missing the mark. It wasn’t any one thing that cost us. But I too wish the schedule was a little stronger, in spite of my disagreement with you.

Which was quite a bit.

Because that doesn’t typically happen, may have never happened before this year, actually.

Nah, the major difference was actually that UGA went an absurd 22-1 in the nonconference (which was still outside the Top 100 in SOS). And their SEC slate / overall SOS was very difficult. Had we gone 22-1 against this year’s non-conference slate and not changed a thing about the SEC results, we too would have been a national seed, 100% guaranteed.

so the draw matters when it’s in your favor.. but say when we are the 5th two seed the draw doesn’t matter.

everyone had ecu in… I’d say that’s a lock… and they made it in.. making it again a lock the entire time considering their play at the end didn’t lock them in…. So it’s safe to say they were a lock the entire time

most around the nation don’t share your thoughts on Arizona. The two main regional projectors both came out prior too and said that Arizona should be rewarded but likely wouldn’t be… and again outside of here no one is really complaining at all about the Arizona selection

again as stated our schedule kept us 1 peg back from where it shoulda woulda and coulda been. Georgia schedule allowed them a top 8 spot, ours would never alllwed without a high win total… glad we agree

you heard it here first those people paid to report on things dont know anything more than terd tapley…. Another feather in your hat.

4 non conference wins doesn’t jump our RPI from 25 to 7. We werent getting a top 8 spot. But again you predicted us in with the current resume so you 100% guaranteed a top 8 had we won out isn’t a shocker… and you said a 17 game winner wouldn’t get a top 8 seed.. and again were wrong…. So your guarantees haven’t been on the mark recently

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I agree with this, they already have enough automatic qualifiers from the shítty tournament champions. Let them in the tourney but don't use that to let them host, how stupid is that.
I agree. But they won 2 titles of the pac and played the toughest ooc as well.

had the bubble been more clear, they likely don’t host, when everyones resumes were flawed. Those champions and schedules mattered…..

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I agree. But they won 2 titles of the pac and played the toughest ooc as well.

had the bubble been more clear, they likely don’t host, when everyones resumes were flawed. Those champions and schedules mattered…..
yes that was what they used.. but... they could have used other factors that favored us much more, but chose not to do so. I don't think hosting should be based on things that "let you in the tourney" like what they used... I think hosting is a raw "who is the best" based on more analytics than what exist inside your own conference and even your ooc schedules.

Baseball is the poster child of analytics, surely the committee could use that to determine who is actually rank all teams without much error

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
yes that was what they used.. but... they could have used other factors that favored us much more, but chose not to do so. I don't think hosting is based on things that "let you in the tourney" like what they used... I think hosting is a raw "who is the best" based on more analytics than what exist inside your own conference and even your ooc schedules.

Baseball is the poster child of analytics, surely the committee could use that to determine who is actually rank all teams without much error
the only stat we had in our favor was quad 1 wins. Nothing else.

we finished 10th in the sec analytically.

other than Quad 1 wins and sec standings we had nothing going for us.. and we had a lot against us, from ooc sos, ooc RPI, schedule inside the sec, bad losses, RPI

our resume was flawed badly. We needed a more wins or a lot more help to host. We got neither.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
the only stat we had in our favor was quad 1 wins. Nothing else.

we finished 10th in the sec analytically.

other than Quad 1 wins and sec standings we had nothing going for us.. and we had a lot against us, from ooc sos, ooc RPI, schedule inside the sec, bad losses, RPI

our resume was flawed badly. We needed a more wins or a lot more help to host. We got neither.
True, I would weight Quad 1 wins more heavily I guess, but again, I am probably biased in that. Who can beat the best teams when it is on the line? We can and have, so we have that underdog spirit. However, we also have that ability to tank on teams worse than us as well.

I guess historically the committee has weighed hosting more for the top SEC teams, but this year, they chose not to do that. But the problem they have now is virtually all SEC teams are in the tourney. So spreading those 11 teams out came into play as well. Don't want any of those 11 playing each other in the first round I guess.

Last edited:

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
True, I would weight Quad 1 wins more heavily I guess, but again, I am probably biased in that. Who can beat the best teams when it is on the line? We can and have, so we have that underdog. However, we also have that ability to tank on teams worse than us.

I guess historically the committee has weighed hosting more for the top SEC teams, but this year, they chose not to do that. But the problem they have now is virtually all SEC teams are in the tourney. So spreading those 11 teams out came into play as well. Don't want any of those 11 playing each other in the first round I guess.
I agree with this. Usually the committee did side with the sec Or give it the benefit of the doubt. As seen last year. Why not this year is anyone’s guess… however my guess is that the next best hosting team was 25th in RPI where it is usually in the teens...

odd year we had 5 of top 8 seeds but not another team finishing inside the top 19 rpi wise

Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I agree with this. Usually the committee did side with the sec Or give it the benefit of the doubt. As seen last year. Why not this year is anyone’s guess… however my guess is that the next best hosting team was 25th in RPI where it is usually in the teens...

odd year we had 5 of top 8 seeds but not another team finishing inside the top 19 rpi wise

could it be Cohen not being on the committee this year? and no SEC reprentative? Maybe they all hate the SEC this year.

Look at Indiana screwing over Indiana State :)

• Jon Gilbert (East Carolina University)
  • Matthew Hogue (Coastal Carolina University)
  • Nathan Pine (U.S. Air Force University)
  • Mark Harlan (University of Utah)
  • Scott Dolson (Indiana University, Bloomington)
  • Michael Alford (Florida State University)
  • Mike Buddie (U.S. Military Academy)
  • Jay Artigues (Southeastern Louisiana University)
  • Casey Scott (Kansas State University)

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login