Talent Attrition

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The problem now is that if we find a diamond in the rough, after we let it shine, someone else will come in and buy the diamonds at market price. We need to go another direction in this new era, we need to figure out a Moneyball type strategy. Maybe just recruit the portal and go after some numbers methodology similar to what the Moneyball guys did in baseball. Maybe they’re too ugly, or gay, or autistic, or have one arm, or whatever. If we don’t discover this underdog NIL and transfer portal talent gap neutralizer, someone else will.
What most of you don’t understand is that those diamonds usually don’t “shine” until year 3 or 4. Dak himself didn’t do anything worth paying for until year 4.

Most of these guys are not RaRa, and break out in year 2. And it’s pretty obvious RaRa was on course to make a bad decision before Leach died, because he left before then. With the way it worked out with Arnett, maybe it was best he go to Georgia.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
What most of you don’t understand is that those diamonds usually don’t “shine” until year 3 or 4. Dak himself didn’t do anything worth paying for until year 4.

Most of these guys are not RaRa, and break out in year 2. And it’s pretty obvious RaRa was on course to make a bad decision before Leach died, because he left before then. With the way it worked out with Arnett, maybe it was best he go to Georgia.
According to at least 3 parents/families close to the program I’ve read, the entire team had no respect for Arnett and his buddies Schmitt/friend. I expect more players to leave. last year was an exceptionally bad experience.

Reactions: patdog

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
It was the exact opposite of everything we had ever done. It was definitely safe because Leach was a winner....but not lazy. Cohen took a risk by getting a guy who did things differently, and our idiot fanbase (you included) did not appreciate any of it.
No, I didn't, and still don't. The offense was flat out bad and boring, and the results were no better than what we had before. NOW we are paying the real price for it. It was LAZY and safe hire for the short term. You do remember some of us saying there would be a price to be paid on the back end right? We are now paying it. Moral around our entire athletic program is as low as I have ever seen it, and I have been around a LONG time now.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
No, I didn't, and still don't. The offense was flat out bad and boring, and the results were no better than what we had before. NOW we are paying the real price for it. It was LAZY and safe hire for the short term. You do remember some of us saying there would be a price to be paid on the back end right? We are now paying it. Moral around our entire athletic program is as low as I have ever seen it, and I have been around a LONG time now.
You’re clearly a pathological liar . leach went 9-4 and won where ever he has coached. The ez11 crew was wrong and continues to be wrong.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
You’re clearly a pathological liar . leach went 9-4 and won where ever he has coached. The ez11 crew was wrong and continues to be wrong.
We had had several 9 win seasons in the 15 years prior to Leach. Leach was basically above average, but not great, everywhere he ever coached. I just don't get the Leach groupies. He ran the wishbone by throwing 4 yard passes. It was boring.

Reactions: patdog

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
We had had several 9 win seasons in the 15 years prior to Leach. Leach was basically above average, but not great, everywhere he ever coached. I just don't get the Leach groupies. He ran the wishbone by throwing 4 yard passes. It was boring.

Your continued bashing of Leach for going 9-4 is looking unhinged, obviously you are biased and have some personal hatred of Leach.

I’m not surprised though given your comments after last years egg bowl win.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Your continued bashing of Leach for going 9-4 is looking unhinged, obviously you are biased and have some personal hatred of Leach.

I’m not surprised though given your comments after last years egg bowl win.
No, I hate the offense he ran. It was boring.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Every time you say it, it gets more idiotic. Leach was not a short term hire. Everywhere he has been, it's taken him 3-4 year to really get it up and running. The fact that he went 7-5 and 8-4 in the regular season here in years 2 and 3 tells anybody with a normal brain that he was going to have some special years ahead.

Everything you think about Leach is wrong. Our talent isn't as bad as you say right now.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login