Tennessee will be having Pilot as their corporate sponsor for football...

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I would be surprised if Hancock Whitney doesn't do some sort of naming rights with LSU. Part of that is some of the old Whitney people being more comfortable with that type of stuff, part of it is that picking LSU athletics over other LSU schools isn't fraught like trying to sponsor MSU but not Ole Miss or vice versa.
Yeah, I agree 100%. Probably not a lot of downside risk for Hancock Whitney sponsoring LSU. HW owns the MS coast from a banking perspective but not a huge player in the rest of MS. Hell I’d imagine a large portion of the MS coast is LSU fans anyway.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Sanderson Farms is the biggest in Mississippi. By the way, we are #8, right above OM. This is our state. https://www.zippia.com/advice/largest-companies-in-mississippi/
Nick Offerman Pizza GIF
Sanderson got bought by Continental Grain, so you can mark that off

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Sanderson Farms is the biggest in Mississippi. By the way, we are #8, right above OM. This is our state. https://www.zippia.com/advice/largest-companies-in-mississippi/
Nick Offerman Pizza GIF
Sanderson was bought a couple years ago. They are now part of Wayne Farms. I think technically the company maintains a dual headquarters in laurel… but the executive team is 100% Wayne farms and based in Georgia. They actually just announced that this year will be the last year they sponsor the PGA tournament in Jackson, which sucks because they had helped grow that event a lot.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Sanderson got bought by Continental Grain, so you can mark that off
Yep….

There are several large businesses in MS, just not many that I think could justify the expense of advertising to the general public. A lot of the larger businesses in MS are more geared toward business to business sales and I’m not sure it make sense for a company like that to sponsor a stadium. Howard Industries is a billion dollar revenue company and a bulldog family but not sure advertising is really needed for Howard.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I know we're all kind of joking about it, but the teams we'll face at home in any given season (Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Florida, Texas, OU, A&M, and maybe Tennessee) plus the Egg Bowl means we'll be good real estate as a billboard.

Reactions: patdog

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Viking sold out several years ago. Its involvement in the local (Greenwood) community is a shell of what it was.
So it was. I didn't realize. They're owned by Middleby, who also makes McDonald's ice cream machines (oof). Nevermind.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login