Texas football with the first NIL tactical nuke

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
So the NIL deal that Will Rogers picked up with Moe’s BBQ is done by a booster of MSU? I obviously know that a booster with an LLC can do whatever they want in terms of NIL, if they feel inclined to give money to a prospect. But you guys are seeing the 1% of NIL stuff and thinking that is going to be rampant. What is way more likely is the will rogers deal with Moe’s BBQ that probably amounts to not that much money for Will.
Don't interrupt his doomsayer prophecy.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
So the NIL deal that Will Rogers picked up with Moe’s BBQ is done by a booster of MSU? I obviously know that a booster with an LLC can do whatever they want in terms of NIL, if they feel inclined to give money to a prospect. But you guys are seeing the 1% of NIL stuff and thinking that is going to be rampant. What is way more likely is the will rogers deal with Moe’s BBQ that probably amounts to not that much money for Will.

I think the money boosters funnel into coaching salaries could start to shift to NIL deals for the players. I'm not sure there's anything stopping the Bulldog Club from being a part owner of, contributing to, or using the services of a private company that secures "licensing deals" or "appearance fees" for players and pays the players a fee for that.

I think we'll start seeing college coach salaries start to plateau a little bit and booster money will start going more directly towards the players. 85 players X $50,000 = $4.25 Million.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Some of yall act like no 18-22 year old has ever gotten a 1099

I highly doubt many of these players have and many of them probably haven’t had to work jobs and be some of the best high school players. I also imagine that these nils aren’t with holding taxes either they better hope they have a good accountant that isn’t crooked.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012

The Will Rogers deal amounts to what, one free plate of chicken wings per week? Yeah, that’s probably not very much for him, it’s not much for Moe’s either in terms of ROI. Nobody’s gonna go there or not go there because the starting QB eats for free. However, its still extremely likely that someone is paying for that out of pocket behind the scenes.

But to be clear, Moe’s is an actual business, not an “NIL company”. These actual NIL companies are simply shell LLC’s that are owned and operated by boosters. There’s practically no path to any of them actually being profitable. If Moe’s said they were going to put $750,000 of their margins every single year towards paying the entire 3-deep OL at MSU a $50,000 salary, they sure as **** wouldn’t be profitable either.

Last edited:

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Just wanted to post this snapshot from the announcement, just to show how hilariously transparent the motives are from this ridiculousness. The money is to pay the players to use their NIL to support “charitable causes”, but the people funding it are completely anonymous and are known only by have a “wide range of experience across multiple industries”. This is basically the old George Costanza Human Fund for any Seinfeld fans out there.

View attachment 23303

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I was kidding. This is going to hurt more players than it helps.

But I don’t think the nfl is treating them poorly either.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Agree 100%. Instead of paying 5 million dollars to the Bulldog club for the next coaching raise. Out it in an NPO and give all players good enough to earn a scholly, $60k salary.

My post on it from a week ago in the Leach pay raise thread.

View attachment 23304

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login