That’s just awful

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
You’re big mad at the wrong person. The Facebook parent was the one who screwed up.
Again such a Joe Biden thought process. You made tons of negative respones and assumptions about the coach and how things ran.

including:

coach chose 11 so he could win. Choctaw was ready to protest. Amongst other negative comments.

how You interpret something that was said online…. while you did zero research on it to find the facts….. doesn’t shift blame to the plain 17ing stupid comments you made….

joe 17ing Biden I tell ya

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
That would suck to have 15 on a team that gets less AB. I think 11 is a good number to have so everyone has ample opportunity to play.
15 isn't uncommon if players are rotated appropriately. We've had teams with 16 and no problems but when winning becomes the top priority over development, more than 9 even becomes a problem from my experience.

Vol.I.Am

Aug 4, 2022
Go watch a 8u game. Teams have 11 kids on it and at least 2 wont even know how the game even works. 2 more wont show up to games or show up late.

id actually argue the opposite. keep the nominations the same but have 1 team of 15. That way this situation never happens. Seems like they were scraping the bottom to field two teams anyway. And the kids on the Starkville A team could learn to be rotated around and in and out of games… likely would have still won the tournament.
Correct - 11 seems to be the most common number for a team at this age. Funny enough, though, half of the teams we played in this tournament (we played 6 games), played with 10.

We definitely weren’t scraping the bottom to field a team. We have a very good team, which is why Starkville fields two in most age groups for baseball. I’m not 100% sure why Starkville is abundant in youth baseball talent; my hunch is that Mississippi State has a lot to do with it. But we were in the final 4 out of 19 teams.

Reactions: Dawgg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
2 all star teams pulled from 7 rec teams definitely explains why the 2nd team only has 11 kids. The white team is your all star team. The other team is more like an also-star team. Not bagging on the kids, but I see why the participation is lower on the B team. You are filling it (or at least trying to) with kids that may not be as committed or have other activities that supercede baseball. You also have kids that likely won't care that they are selected because they know they're not going to be as good/talented as the "A" team.

The city/league should probably stick with one all star team per 5-6 league teams. Or have the coaches take turns drafting the teams to balance the players. Once you get down to the 4th-5th best player on an 8u rec team, we might be talking about the kid that lost his hat in the first week and has been playing in a Camp Cretaceous boonie hat all season.

Certainly glad this coach isn't the one that limited his roster, the league did that to him and it's a shame. But at the same time, he's a Vols fan and probably deserves a solid case of pink eye or the norovirus.
Agreed an all star team was selected… and nowadays we try to let everyone play.. so we create a B team.

have an all star team of 14-15 kids and move on. It’s not harsh... until there is more intertest, makes no sense to push the numbers

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Correct - 11 seems to be the most common number for a team at this age. Funny enough, though, half of the teams we played in this tournament (we played 6 games), played with 10.

We definitely weren’t scraping the bottom to field a team. We have a very good team, which is why Starkville fields two in most age groups for baseball. I’m not 100% sure why Starkville is abundant in youth baseball talent; my hunch is that Mississippi State has a lot to do with it. But we were in the final 4 out of 19 teams.
One thing I want to say - thanks for coaching. I'm a Dad that helps pick up baseballs for my son's team and I would never want to be the HC of a youth baseball team.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

You were scrsping the bottom numbers wise. Wasn’t referring to anything talent wise. There might very well have been 20 talented kids.

I played youth sports in an area that was very talented as well. 8-10 team leagues. And all-stars was never more than 12 kids. All-stars was what the name said it was and is.. and was a big deal as a kid to make.

if you guys only had 22 nominated. Cutting it down to 14-15 kids might have been tough, but is probably the best thing to do. Basically everyone that was nominated and wanted to play made it… which isn’t alol-stars to me… that’s nominated and Make it.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
My opinion on this is pretty strong. I don't think it's too much to have games start at 1 on Sundays. Parents just need to step up and demand it.

One of my daughters plays travel volleyball. Easter weekend is one of the biggest weekends for travel volleyball. We do not participate. Us stepping up causes other parents to step up and they end up scheduling a different tournament.

Which reminds me of this story. We had a tournament a few years ago that was one of the biggest in the nation. We had to fly to this tournament and we were one of two teams from our club at our age level playing. Us Mississippi teams just aren't competitive at these big national qualifiers and it showed very quickly. For example, we had a pretty good team that was undefeated against teams from MS, Arkansas and West Tennessee (our USA Volleyball region). We played a team from Florida and got beat 25-4, 25-9.

Anyway, on Sunday, we found ourselves in the bottom consolation bracket, having gone 0-6 the first two days. Three of the four teams in our consolation pod were from Mississippi, including the other team from our club. We flew across the damn country at great expense and played teams from our own gym and down the road.

Last edited:

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
15 isn't uncommon if players are rotated appropriately. We've had teams with 16 and no problems but when winning becomes the top priority over development, more than 9 even becomes a problem from my experience.
Some of these rec All-Star tournaments are 4-5 days. I was amazed at the length of these tournaments. I know it's a money grab but there is a Rankin county team that is playing in a Baton Rouge rec All-Star tournament. They have to leave on Tuesday and could be expected to play through Saturday or Sunday. I just didn't expect that length from those that choose to play rec. There's a primary reason they do that - to not take it as serious.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Agreed an all star team was selected… and nowadays we try to let everyone play.. so we create a B team.

have an all star team of 14-15 kids and move on. It’s not harsh... until there is more intertest, makes no sense to push the numbers
What's wrong with the B team kids getting to play? Better to play on the B team than be on the A team bench, especially at the younger ages.

Again, I've done this process multiple times. I know certain kids get nominated, but you could pick up some extra kids. They whole "11 is all we had to choose from" is bullshlt. But it doesn't matter anyway, the issue was the lineup card, no matter how dumb that issue was.

Nobody would have cared at all about this if the Facebook parent hadn't posted the sanctimonious post claiming Dizzy Dean hates church, then the sheep making it go viral because it had to happen exactly like that if it was on the internet.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
What's wrong with the B team kids getting to play? Better to play on the B team than be on the A team bench.

Again, I've done this process multiple times. I know certain kids get nominated, but you could pick up some extra kids. They whole "11 is all we had to choose from" is bullshlt.
sleepy joe— you’ve said enough dumb stuff in this thread… and certainly don’t know the process multiple times over.

if there is enough to have a B team Comfortably. All for it. If this particulsr league didn’t have even the full amount nominated, then had nominated kids back out. all-stars shouldn’t be, be nominated and make one of the 3 teams a league has.

you of all people think this is a money grab. Trimming the numbers back, allows tournaments to shorten, get done quicker. However again I say if the numbers allow I’m for 2 teams, obviously the numbers didn’t allow here.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Nobody would have cared at all about this if the Facebook parent hadn't posted the sanctimonious post claiming Dizzy Dean hates church, then the sheep making it go viral because it had to happen exactly like that if it was on the internet.
sheep like yourself…. running a direction that fits your agenda and making assumptions even though you again knew nothing about the situation or the people involved….. sleepy Joe

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

dawgflo

Nov 17, 2021
If everybody hates travel ball and everybody hates spending the money and time, why do yall do it? And yes, I do have kids and yes, I do say "no" quite often. 25% of these kids will play ball past junior high, 10% will play at any level after high school and .05% will make a living doing it. Why not just say, "Go be a kid and play" in the summer and not deal with this. All of this bs is for the parents.

Buyers predict the market. Don't want to play on Sundays and take your kids to church? Don't play. If enough people stop doing it, they will change the format of the tournaments. All this "woe is me my kid's tournament got canceled" stuff is stupid. I guarantee you that, by this morning, none of those kids give two dog ***** about that tournament and have moved on. But the parents are going to cry like little female dogs for months to years about it.

• Haha
Reactions: DerHntr

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
sheep like yourself…. running a direction that fits your agenda and making assumptions even though you again knew nothing about the situation or the people involved….. sleepy Joe

“Social media is one of the worst things to happen to many people.”

- GOAT 2024

Finally something we can agree on.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
If everybody hates travel ball and everybody hates spending the money and time, why do yall do it? And yes, I do have kids and yes, I do say "no" quite often. 25% of these kids will play ball past junior high, 10% will play at any level after high school and .05% will make a living doing it. Why not just say, "Go be a kid and play" in the summer and not deal with this. All of this bs is for the parents.

Buyers predict the market. Don't want to play on Sundays and take your kids to church? Don't play. If enough people stop doing it, they will change the format of the tournaments. All this "woe is me my kid's tournament got canceled" stuff is stupid. I guarantee you that, by this morning, none of those kids give two dog ***** about that tournament and have moved on. But the parents are going to cry like little female dogs for months to years about it.
I hate the idea of "travel ball" too. But this thread is about rec ball/all stars. The other side of that is that it's 8u and there probably shouldn't have all stars until 10u at the earliest.

That said, a lot depends on where you live. If you live in Dallas or Atlanta, there is enough talent and competition in a 50 square mile area you'd never need to travel. You could make amazing rec programs and then chase all star teams after the regular season.

If you live in West Texas or rural Mississippi, well the competition is scarce and if you want to do anything more than play a scrimmage against the next town over, you are going to have to travel.

My oldest is on a 10u "travel ball team." Every kid that tried out made the team.. One is 7. We live 100+ miles from the closest McDonald's or Wal Mart. These kids don't get to play if we don't travel. We play all star teams from other towns and club teams. We don't win, but the kids get to play and are getting better. They're 0-3 and we get 3 home games this weekend and that's the whole season. The 12u team is 2-8. My 15u team is 3-4. Our closest team we can play is 1:45 minutes away.

Yes it's a beating. But I think kids should get to play baseball and in some cases (like ours) travel ball is the only resource. Our town didn't even get a high school team until the early 2000's. Before travel ball existed, there was no youth baseball. That said, what we do is hardly the travel/club sport seen in the south. Our cost is $150 a year and gas money. Our fields don't have fences. Nobody is going on to play past high school. But at least they get to play and some of them are actually starting to throw like a boy.

I think the distinction comes when the coaches start to get paid or require paid lessons for players. Travel rec ball is a thing, but travel for profit way too serious ball is something else.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Wow- this is like a case study in how to try to force a nickname onto someone on a message board. 8 different times, Goat has been called some version of 'sleepy joe' or 'biden'.
Goat is entertaining, despite his many uninformed hot takes that he swears are well informed and reasoned views.

Name him something based on the comical hot takes- like call him Stephen A Smith.
Trying to name him 'sleepy joe' or 'biden' because you think he has an agenda, is pretty weak because you could just swap out basically any known national politician's name, if your reason for creating a nickname is because an agenda is being pushed.

Maybe push to call him 'sleepy joe' or 'biden' if he is getting constantly confused and identifying players incorrectly...though it would work to call him Trump in that instance too.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
What of the Baisball gods???**********
Are you questioning Dizzy’s Divinity?

He is a Baseball Immortal after all…

Okay, so he’s no Jobu… **

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Cook

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It's a silly rule to make them forfeit if they have 8 or more players.... But ....

If you sign up for something like this you have to know you might have to miss church at times because there might be games are on Sundays, that part is on the parents. Don't sign your kids up if you are not able/willing to make things. Other kids made the game and had to forfeit. They all missed church and lost without getting on the field. The rule is stupid if it's an automatic forfeit with 8 or more players, but rules are rules. Exceptions are a very slippery slope.

My oldest is not playing football this year because... It's a 5 day a week commitment that we aren't willing to make. He's better than average and would help his team, but the season is during prime camping/fishing/hunting season and we (including the kid) aren't going to put that on the back burner. Some other kid that is more committed will take his position on the team and hopefully not let them down like we most assuredly would.

ETA... This isn't Timmy and Tommy's pay to play local travel ball deal here. Unless a lot has changed Dizzy Dean is local leagues that make all star teams after the season. This is not weekend after weekend of travel ball tournaments. I played in the DD World Series when I was 11 in Columbus GA. We had district, state, and the world series tournament weekends in June and possibly early July. Everything else was basically normal rec ball and I assume and sure as hell hope for coach pitch age kids that's still the way it is.
Exactly.

I mean I’m sure we’d all be fine on here if DJ or Hines or Mershon or Hujsak missed the first few innings of a rubber game because of their worship activities, right? LOL.

It really is no different. Hell, I still remember Ryan Gridley getting raked over the coals for weeks for missing a game so he could be in his sister’s wedding.

Reactions: Ers236

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
That would suck to have 15 on a team that gets less AB. I think 11 is a good number to have so everyone has ample opportunity to play.
I remember being a kid and we had 'alternates' that were part of the team, but didn't play until/unless a player had a family vacation planned or got sick or couldn't make a game. The departing player can't come back to the roster and the alternate is promoted to a full time player. I was an alternate one year. Dizzy Dean may not do that, but it seems like that would be the balance between having too many on the roster (with your valid point about limited at-bats and playing time) and having a safety net for player loss over the course of a summer of district/state/regional play.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
That’s what should have happened. But you know if it did, you know one of the other coaches would be screaming to high heaven about the injustice & how his team was cheated in this very important tournament that will impact these kids for their whole lives.
Based on Vol.I.am's post, it sounds like the Choctaw County coaches wanted to play the game too.

Reactions: patdog and HuntDawg

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Exactly.

I mean I’m sure we’d all be fine on here if DJ or Hines or Mershon or Hujsak missed the first few innings of a rubber game because of their worship activities, right? LOL.

It really is no different. Hell, I still remember Ryan Gridley getting raked over the coals for weeks for missing a game so he could be in his sister’s wedding.

A college player missing a few innings on a Sunday “really is no different” from a 7 year old missing a few innings of an all star rec league game.

This thread keeps getting better.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Based on Vol.I.am's post, it sounds like the Choctaw County coaches wanted to play the game too.

This is a great post. Vol fan here - I come in peace. But I’m also hoping to provide some context here, as I’m the head coach of the all-star team in this discussion. I relocated to this area from middle Tennessee in 2005, and Starkville is now my forever home. I love it here.

1. You nailed it. Rules matter, but in the case of the rules here, the enforcement was counterintuitive to the MS Dizzy Dean organizational mission statement. I’m not a full time baseball coach. I’m not a travel baseball coach. I’m a dad that loves baseball, that decided to take on an all-star team to give kids an extra chance to play ball this summer. Did I read the rule book? Sure. Did I have it memorized? Absolutely not. Did I think Dizzy Dean and tournament officials would help find a solution if I made a mistake in rule interpretation along the way? Absolutely! I didn’t sneak my lineup card into the umpires’ and scorekeepers’ hands halfway through the first inning. They knew I was only starting with 9 well in advance of first pitch. I received an informal apology from the VP of Dizzy Dean yesterday afternoon regarding the enforcement of this forfeit. The protocol for arriving at the forfeit should’ve been initiated via protest by our opponent (Choctaw County), but they only wanted to play the game. Great folks.

2. We had 7 teams in our recreational league this season. Starkville Parks and Rec allows UP TO 4 nominations for all-stars per team. Quick math says you have 28 nominations. However, the last place team in the league only submitted 1 nomination. So subtract 3 and make that 25 kids to choose from. Toss in another 3 kids whose families said “not this year”, and that leaves 22 players. Now let’s add in the context that Starkville has TWO 8U all-star teams. Starkville White (the state champion) and the Starkville Stars (my team, which made the final 4). Starkville White is the perceived ‘A’ team, so they selected the first 11 of the 22 available nominations. Again, doing quick math, we’re left with 11 players remaining - this is why my team has 11 kids rostered. Unfortunately, 1 of these families had a vacation scheduled and this was not reported until after selections were made, so now you’ve arrived at why I played with 10 at the state tournament.

3. I hate the church narrative (the narrative stating that a child being in church was the cause of all of this) that has stemmed from this fiasco. I did not make the viral Facebook post that’s been brought up in this thread several times. Please discern who says what carefully. That post was not made by a coach, and I hold no ill will towards the family for being where they’re called to be.

4. Couldn’t agree more.

That’s my piece. Again, I’m just a dad trying to help kids create memories. Some of the best from my childhood were at a ballpark. We were having a weekend to remember. We were Starkville’s second team, but in many cases, we were beating the best that other cities and counties had to offer. There were opportunities for the adults to make this work for the kids (both teams wanted it), but the folks in charge went with the forfeit. Luckily, the kids will move on faster than I will.
Thanks for the clarification and your valuable input.

So, reading between the lines, if you hadn’t had to forfeit, then your team (with a win over Choctaw County) would have played the other Starkville team for the Championship.

It is apparent to me that some parent or coach with the other Starkville team was very nervous that they could face your team in championship game, and found the loophole to make sure that didn’t happen.

Vol.I.Am

Aug 4, 2022
Thanks for the clarification and your valuable input.

So, reading between the lines, if you hadn’t had to forfeit, then your team (with a win over Choctaw County) would have played the other Starkville team for the Championship.

It is apparent to me that some parent or coach with the other Starkville team was very nervous that they could face your team in championship game, and found the loophole to make sure that didn’t happen.
We would’ve played West Lauderdale with a win over Choctaw. A win there would’ve sent us to the championship against Starkville White. The West Lauderdale coaches were also very gracious, and they had a great team on top of that.

The other Starkville team was/has been very supportive through all of this. We scrimmaged them before the tournament, and they beat us handily. They’re also the ones that knocked us from the winner’s side of the bracket in an 8-0 decision (the closest game they played all tournament). They weren’t worried about facing us, and in fact, one of their coaches tried appealing the decision to forfeit our team. Every team/potential opponent wanted to make it work for us. At the end of the day, the decision went the other way.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
A college player missing a few innings on a Sunday “really is no different” from a 7 year old missing a few innings of an all star rec league game.

This thread keeps getting better.
No, it isn’t any different.

In both cases, adults are making pre-planned commitments to another group of individuals known as a team…..either personally or on behalf of their child.

And in both cases, no matter how many people are watching or what the level of emotional investment is for any number of people that are playing or spectating…..it’s still just a 17ing game at the end of the day. Either don’t commit to it when you know its going to potentially interfere with more important things in your life, or commit to it and put that other stuff aside for a few weeks or months…..for your kid’s sake if nothing else.

So, 17 the parents for committing to another group of people who depended on their support, and then arbitrarily deciding that something else that they already knew well in advance would be a conflict was more important. The forfeit rule, while severe, perhaps is that way for this exact reason….to strongly discourage this type of flaky behavior from parents. Even if the game was allowed to proceed, their team would still be at a major disadvantage and not allowed to compete at the level they could, based on the arbitrary decisions made by just 1-2 individuals who were not themselves even players on the field. Then its the coaches that have to explain to a bunch of crying 7-8 year olds why the game was over right after a bases clearing triple to pull them within a run in the bottom of the last inning, because even though nobody got out, the next spot in the order was automatically out #3. Kinda shítty.

Now, if the rule itself or enforcement protocols for the rule were not clearly communicated to all stakeholders before the season even started, then perhaps that is the real issue….as the spirit of such a rule could not possibly exist (making it pointless) if that detail wasn’t explicitly shared with all stakeholders. If so, then whoever is responsible for that at the Dizzy Dean organizational level should also be held accountable.

Last edited:

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
TLDR:

Render unto Dizzy Dean the things that are Dizzy’s, and to God the things that are God’s.
($1 to Jesus)

In both cases, adults are making pre-planned commitments to another group of individuals known as a team…..either personally or on behalf of their child.

And in both cases, no matter how many people are watching or what the level of emotional investment is for any number of people that are playing or spectating…..it’s still just a 17ing game at the end of the day. Either don’t commit to it when you know its going to potentially interfere with more important things in your life, or commit to it and put that other stuff aside for a few weeks or months…..for your kid’s sake if nothing else.

So, 17 the parents for committing to another group of people who depended on their support, and then arbitrarily deciding that something else that they already knew well in advance would be a conflict was more important. The forfeit rule, while severe, perhaps is that way for this exact reason….to strongly discourage this type of flaky behavior from parents. Even if the game was allowed to proceed, their team would still be at a major disadvantage and not allowed to compete at the level they could, based on the arbitrary decisions made by just 1-2 individuals. Then its the coaches that have to explain to a bunch of crying 7-8 year olds why the game was over right after a bases clearing triple to pull them within a run in the bottom of the last inning, because even though nobody got out, the next spot in the order was automatically out #3. Kinda shítty.

Now, if the rule wasn’t clearly communicated to everyone before the season even started, then perhaps that is the real issue….as the spirit of such a rule could not possibly exist (making it pointless) if that detail wasn’t explicitly shared with all stakeholders. If so, then whoever is responsible for that should also be held accountable.

Apologies. Couldn’t resist inserting my own post as a TLDR. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Perd Hapley

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007

So, 17 the parents for committing to another group of people who depended on their support, and then arbitrarily deciding that something else that they already knew well in advance would be a conflict was more important. The forfeit rule, while severe, perhaps is that way for this exact reason….to strongly discourage this type of flaky behavior from parents. Even if the game was allowed to proceed, their team would still be at a major disadvantage and not allowed to compete at the level they could, based on the arbitrary decisions made by just 1-2 individuals who were not themselves even players on the field. Then its the coaches that have to explain to a bunch of crying 7-8 year olds why the game was over right after a bases clearing triple to pull them within a run in the bottom of the last inning, because even though nobody got out, the next spot in the order was automatically out #3. Kinda shítty.

Now, if the rule itself or enforcement protocols for the rule were not clearly communicated to all stakeholders before the season even started, then perhaps that is the real issue….as the spirit of such a rule could not possibly exist (making it pointless) if that detail wasn’t explicitly shared with all stakeholders. If so, then whoever is responsible for that at the Dizzy Dean organizational level should also be held accountable.
You doubled down on this. I’m impressed.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Wow- this is like a case study in how to try to force a nickname onto someone on a message board. 8 different times, Goat has been called some version of 'sleepy joe' or 'biden'.
Goat is entertaining, despite his many uninformed hot takes that he swears are well informed and reasoned views.

Name him something based on the comical hot takes- like call him Stephen A Smith.
Trying to name him 'sleepy joe' or 'biden' because you think he has an agenda, is pretty weak because you could just swap out basically any known national politician's name, if your reason for creating a nickname is because an agenda is being pushed.

Maybe push to call him 'sleepy joe' or 'biden' if he is getting constantly confused and identifying players incorrectly...though it would work to call him Trump in that instance too.
I have to agree with one thing: trying to shoehorn your political opinions into a thread about kids' sports is sad.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I have to agree with one thing: trying to shoehorn your political opinions into a thread about kids' sports is sad.
Not trying to shoehorn anything. The guy is a total 17ing moron. He spoke out his *** about things he knew nothing about, was the very one trying to persuade people to his line of thinking that was uneducated and tactless, then pointed blame elsewhere after he got slapped in the face multiple times by facts and tried to cop his way out it.

he’s old outdated thoughts and trying to make assumptions fact, all the while shoo-ing all blame elsewhere… earns him that nickname. Which is well warranted

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
My Bible tells me that parents ought to have their children in church on Sunday mornings and Sunday evening for worship.

All this Sunday baseball and soccer children are playing is not only bad for the children, it's a straight up money grab from their misguided, gullible parents.

Woe to America! We will reap what we sow.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The bigger question in all this is, why the heck are we even having statewide all star tournaments for freaking 7-year olds to begin with? It’s ridiculous.
Money. The most kids are playing at 6U-8U. They start getting weeded out at 9U because that’s when the real travel ball stuff starts, with coach pitch.

8U is the pinnacle, because every parent still thinks there kid is good, hype is high, and you can cover up a lot with the coach pitching. And you don’t generally have to worry about pitch counts. It’s not uncommon to see 60 games now at 8U travel ball.

More kids means more parents and grandparents paying gate fees too.

Then, at 9U up, since kids start quitting, then the pressure gets ramped up to keep the clientele by FOMO. Lessons, more travel for better competition, etc. Consolidation.

Nobody realizes that this system, while profitable for the ones involved, is producing less baseball fans overall. Not to mention injuries to the good players who do it for 12+ years. That’s why the MLB has come out against many of the travel ball principles.

Reactions: patdog

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

Cliff notes:
If you make a commitment to something, it needs to take precedent over most anything else

the parental complaints are stupid because they knew the rules prior, and even if rules are pushed aside, the kids are playing the game at a disadvantage

if the rules weren’t known then it’s dizzy deans fault and they should be held accountable