That sucks for Will Rogers if true...

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I remember some comments after the South Carolina game that he and Tulu basically said 17 it and ran some plays off script.
I made comments to that effect. That Will called his own plays that game. Robbie Faulk said I was an idiot. That game was not like any other game. It definitely was not a Barbay called offense.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Yeah, but that one’s crazy așs white. Think Rex Ryan’s teeth kind of white.
Not really
He might have thought he was going air raid and couldn’t get who he wanted

Will Rogers was a good qb
Will Rogers wasn’t elite but he was good
He’s gone now

Lots of things can be true today that won’t be true tomorrow

the above things will still be true tomorrow

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Coach’s tell white lies every single day when recruiting players
That wasn't a "white lie". That was a get in your face 17 you lie.
I had little problem with Will when he was here. He was nothing special but not terrible like some say. I support my school, not these guys that haul *** and especially not one with an OM family that's continually stirring this stuff.
Personally, I'm glad the truth came out. Why are you so negative about our local sportswriter reporting a story?

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Not really
He might have thought he was going air raid and couldn’t get who he wanted

Will Rogers was a good qb
Will Rogers wasn’t elite but he was good
He’s gone now

Lots of things can be true today that won’t be true tomorrow

the above things will still be true tomorrow
I supposed that could be true, be he was at ground zero of Leach’s air raid and tore it apart. All he needed was one more year to get through it, then re-evaluate.

Arnett brought pretty much anybody that was associated with him down a notch or two with the few months he was in charge. Still, I’d love to know how much Keenum was in his ear about things.

It’s been an abysmal run for State athletics since the Pirate went home.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Will Rogers looks to turn adversity into happy ending at Washington - Mississippi Today

“(Arnett) flat-out lied to us, sitting in our den,” Wyatt Rogers said. “He said they would be crazy to change offenses after all the success we had had…”
Even if that’s true, none of that explains why he still chose to leave almost 3 weeks after Arnett had been fired, or why he transferred to another non-AR system where he’s not even going to be guaranteed to be the starter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darryl Steight

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
That wasn't a "white lie". That was a get in your face 17 you lie.

Personally, I'm glad the truth came out. Why are you so negative about our local sportswriter reporting a story?
Because it's BS. Will is about to be playing in a similar offense this year if he plays. But it was a problem here? Had he left last year, same deal. Nevermind the OC we thought we had lined up backed out too. But you guys eat up their BS. That's an OM family running down State is all that's about.
And if you're involved in sports, this helicopter parenting his family does is terrible. They blame everybody for his shortcomings. It's always somebody else.

• Sad
Reactions: Anon1697564126

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Coaches tell white lies ? LOL, Arnett is a moron and lost the team with his dishonest crap. How can anyone be defending this ? You don’t tell lies to players to get them to waste a year of eligibility , you are up front and honest with them.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I made comments to that effect. That Will called his own plays that game. Robbie Faulk said I was an idiot. That game was not like any other game. It definitely was not a Barbay called offense.
Yea but Robbie was crowing about how great the offense was after the south east Louisiana game, lmao. He doesn’t know football at all. That is clear.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I do. It’s true. Got it from a real human source & a good one a couple of weeks ago. Hell, he publicly lied to all of us that he wasn’t abandoning the air raid and then he obviously did. Why is it so hard to believe he told Will the same lie to his face?
Oh a source! Yay!

Again, he could have told will that thinking he wasn’t abandoning the air raid and then plans changed.

Sources are like @$$holes. Everyone has them and they all smell. Especially yours.

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Coaches tell white lies ? LOL, Arnett is a moron and lost the team with his dishonest crap. How can anyone be defending this ? You don’t tell lies to players to get them to waste a year of eligibility , you are up front and honest with them.
That’s great in whatever utopia you live but we live in the real world of college football and NIL.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Nobody’s defending Arnett. That’s a whole different topic.

Rogers knew damn well the offense was changing before the spring. Could have entered the portal in April / May. He didn’t.

He knew it was changing again after Arnett got canned with 2 games to go. He could have waited out the hire to see if it could work out. He didn’t.

Then he knew he wasn’t going to be running the Air Raid at Washington with the Fisch hire, and he could have picked a better fit after that hire. He didn’t.

None of the actions jive with the words of his dad. Nothing adds up here and it just sounds like sour grapes that his whole transfer plan didn’t work out better than it did.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Nobody’s defending Arnett. That’s a whole different topic.

Rogers knew damn well the offense was changing before the spring. Could have entered the portal in April / May. He didn’t.

He knew it was changing again after Arnett got canned with 2 games to go. He could have waited out the hire to see if it could work out. He didn’t.

Then he knew he wasn’t going to be running the Air Raid at Washington with the Fisch hire, and he could have picked a better fit after that hire. He didn’t.

None of the actions jive with the words of his dad. Nothing adds up here and it just sounds like sour grapes that his whole transfer plan didn’t work out better than it did.
Or how about this:

Will loved MSU the same way we do...felt loyalty to his teammates as well. By Spring it was not necessarily clear what was going to happen, as the thought was that the system Barbay was bringing on was still, come the season, going to be at least pass-heavy. Also, starting over is already challenging, especially for a QB.

And trying to transfer after Spring training is no bueno for a QB who has to learn the offense completely for the season coming up without benefit of Spring training with a new team and coaches.

As far as Washington, I don't need to get into why that, with Deboer would have been a good fit. By the time it was Fisch, the portal opportunities had dwindled. Fisch & staff met and told them good things, and it is likely UW was the best option in the end.

Nothing his dad is quoted saying is in conflict with any of this.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
"seek this weird attention"? What does that even mean? Rick Cleveland wrote an article about someone from MS who is prominent in CFB. He interviewed people close to that person, you know like a normal reporter might do...
Oh **** did I just accidentally read a Rick Cleveland article? Crap.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Or how about this:

Will loved MSU the same way we do...felt loyalty to his teammates as well. By Spring it was not necessarily clear what was going to happen, as the thought was that the system Barbay was bringing on was still, come the season, going to be at least pass-heavy. Also, starting over is already challenging, especially for a QB.

And trying to transfer after Spring training is no bueno for a QB who has to learn the offense completely for the season coming up without benefit of Spring training with a new team and coaches.

As far as Washington, I don't need to get into why that, with Deboer would have been a good fit. By the time it was Fisch, the portal opportunities had dwindled. Fisch & staff met and told them good things, and it is likely UW was the best option in the end.

Yes it does.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
That makes him relevant next season? If Washington pulled a QB like the AZ kid, he'd be in the portal after Spring. Again, this fascination with guys that take off and throw **** at State is crazy. Only this fan base eats it up. I'll leave you guys to pull on it while thinking he's some specia
When did Will “throw **** at State?” Hell, when has any of our former players who transfer done that?

Please believe, I was critical of The Noodster in 2022 and looking forward to Leach teams post Rogers. But I knew he was far and away the best QB we had in 2023 by a country mile.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
This is what has been rumored for a long time. But I wonder if he lied or was stating what he thought at the time. Perhaps he was told by the good old boys that it was time to move in another direction. Many never liked the AR.
Who are these mysterious good old boys and why should they be listened to?

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
When did Will “throw **** at State?” Hell, when has any of our former players who transfer done that?

Please believe, I was critical of The Noodster in 2022 and looking forward to Leach teams post Rogers. But I knew he was far and away the best QB we had in 2023 by a country mile.
You don't follow football much do you? There's been a few.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Gasp! Coaches lie to recruits and players? You don't say!
His team he can run it how he wants and he did and he got fired for doing it that way. Don't remember the players or players family getting to choose the offense being ran.
His family is all ole miss fans anyway. They will be cheering for the bears again this season if they weren't already.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Two things: 1. Will is prominent in college football because Mike Leach made him prominent
2. I would personally be very surprised if State has heard the last from Rogers and/or his family.

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Or how about this:

To be clear, I hold no ill will (pun intended) towards Will. I even think he performed pretty well, all things considered, when healthy in 2023….and the stats bear that out too. He proved he can be more than just an Air Raid QB if he has to be.

But none of it makes sense. If he was truly “loyal to his teammates”, why didn’t he at least give it a chance with Lebby….or at least just wait until the hire was made before entering the portal? I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with him just deciding to move on…that’s fine. Just don’t think you can play the loyalty card, if you do.

At the end of the day, his dad’s words are his dad’s words. May or may not represent Will’s thought process. Doesn’t affect my opinion of Will in either case.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
To be clear, I hold no ill will (pun intended) towards Will. I even think he performed pretty well, all things considered, when healthy in 2023….and the stats bear that out too. He proved he can be more than just an Air Raid QB if he has to be.

But none of it makes sense. If he was truly “loyal to his teammates”, why didn’t he at least give it a chance with Lebby….or at least just wait until the hire was made before entering the portal? I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with him just deciding to move on…that’s fine. Just don’t think you can play the loyalty card, if you do.

At the end of the day, his dad’s words are his dad’s words. May or may not represent Will’s thought process. Doesn’t affect my opinion of Will in either case.
I suspect he knew Lebby wanted a QB capable of being a real dual-threat. Nothing in his dad's words showed any ill-will (no pun intended) against MSU...just ZA.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
I suspect he knew Lebby wanted a QB capable of being a real dual-threat. Nothing in his dad's words showed any ill-will (no pun intended) against MSU...just ZA.
Dont he enter the portal before we hired lebby though?

Even still, I don’t blame him for going to try to find a coach he can work with rather than hoping we can find a coach that can work with him… seeing as how that didn’t exactly work out for him the previous year

Reactions: Anon1697564126

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Dont he enter the portal before we hired lebby though?

Even still, I don’t blame him for going to try to find a coach he can work with rather than hoping we can find a coach that can work with him… seeing as how that didn’t exactly work out for him the previous year
Good catch. I was going to include that as well, but wasn't sure, so left it out.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
That’s correct. Rogers family or Will have never said anything against MSU. I’m sure Will is not the only one who feels those that way, that whole class of seniors got screwed by that horrible staff. I’ve heard 3-4 different parents comment on the locker rooms opinion of the coaching staff. It wasn’t good.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
But he was already in the portal before Lebby was even a blip on the radar. It seems he just wanted to move on. Which again is totally fine.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login