The Bowl Game Countdown to 82 (7 pm update - ONE SPOT LEFT)

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
4th turnover by UCLA, this time on KO return. Cal with ball now at UCLA 14.
Just our luck. UCLA should be handling Cal, but they are gift-wrapping it for them.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
In 2016, we were the last team in. It looks like we'll be the first team out in 2023.

We should have won more than 1 SEC game and we wouldn't be in this situation to begin with. Terrible job by our coaching staff.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Cal should decline the bowl. They need to save money for those Lacrosse road trips to Syracuse next year.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Congrats to Cal, Utah State, Old Dominion, etc. They took care of business and we didn't.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
Yeah this is the one time I might be ok with losing out on a bowl - especially if UCLA repays is for this with firing Kelly and hiring Kiffin.

But only if we have the ink dry on the Lebby contract

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
this level of anxiety over a "streak" which includes bowl inviations with 5-7 and 3-7 W/L seems...a little desperate.
your team showed up Thursday night and played tough--kudos to a well played game.

dawgg responds to my earlier post (printed above) "eat a dick" and uptowndawg says "keep it to yourself. loser"
I'm trying to play nice over here, am only here to engage in some good natured sports conversation. So, just for my edification, here is a multiple choice, as these guys apparently couldn't follow a narrative response, are the above responses from dawgg and uptowndog:

a) the result of an IQ deficit,
b) a severely limited vocabulary,
c) cultural related issues, or
d) inate psychological feedback from the trailer park?

Please choose one. Thank you.

PS. "Playing nice" doesn't tolerate ignorant insults.

Last edited:

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
this level of anxiety over a "streak" which includes bowl inviations with 5-7 and 3-7 W/L seems...a little desperate.
your team showed up Thursday night and played tough--kudos to a well played game.

dawgg responds to my earlier post (printed above) "eat a dick" and uptowndawg says "keep it to yourself. loser"
I'm trying to play nice over here, am only here to engage in some good natured sports conversation. So, just for my edification, here is a multiple choice, as these guys apparently couldn't follow a narrative response, are the above responses from dawgg and uptowndog:

Eat two dicks. Loser. Is that verbose enough for you? Or are you going to invite me to section 23?

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010

Don’t say that you’re here for good natured sports conversation and then follow it up with trailer park insults and then have the audacity to follow that up with some holy post script about ignorant insults. You said some dumb and insulting **** about our bowl streak that deserved some equally dumb and insulting responses. Just take it and move on. Or leave.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012

Fellate a penile gland.

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
Don’t say that you’re here for good natured sports conversation and then follow it up with trailer park insults and then have the audacity to follow that up with some holy post script about ignorant insults. You said some dumb and insulting **** about our bowl streak that deserved some equally dumb and insulting responses. Just take it and move on. Or leave.
said nothing "dumb" about the bowl streak, however facts were employed, and apparently you found that troubling. if you disagree with my assessment of the thread as "seems a little desperate" i'm fine with that....though the thread absolutely reeks of desperation.

parenthetically, dawgg seems to have a serious penile fixation--which sounds unhealthy. perhaps you could start a gofundme to assist with his therapy.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
said nothing "dumb" about the bowl streak, however facts were employed, and apparently you found that troubling. if you disagree with my assessment of the thread as "seems a little desperate" i'm fine with that....though the thread absolutely reeks of desperation.

parenthetically, dawgg seems to have a serious penile fixation--which sounds unhealthy. perhaps you could start a gofundme to assist with his therapy.
We don’t need your opinion. You are not welcome to tell fans of other schools how they should feel in their rooting interests for their own schools on their own message boards. Go **** yourself.

Stop arguing your point. You’re actually right that 5-7 ain’t great, it may be a little desperate if a rooting issue. But you’re being a ******* Dick by saying that anyone who disagrees with you grew up in a trailer park and you need to get gtfo. I think it’s fine that we allow fans of other schools to post here. But bring value and humor and not insults.

We had a rough year, we lived it, we all know it. You don’t have to come to your rivals board to make sure we know it.

Also, keep ******* yourself.

Last edited:

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
We need to concentrate on roster maintenance + recruiting anyway. We can play in a third tier bowl game another year.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

You have a flawed premise to begin with. First, 6-6 has always been arbitrary because not all schedules are created equally. Second, part of the rules in 2016 was APR. Third, the 3-7 in 2020 was similar to a typical 6-6 when you consider quality of competition.

But it doesn’t matter now, it’s over. Thanks Arnett. Now we enter a new era.

Reactions: Dawgg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

How long was Ole Miss' bowl streak? The announcers don't bother with year to year records when they say ours was 13 years. Is your purpose to celebrate the end of our bowl streak?

I going to select e) sour grapes from old miss fan that our bowl streak was longer.

Why are you here. Don't you want to rejoin the "country club" crowd of the red cup nausea?

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006

50 likes in this post and I’ll give everyone an early Christmas present
Thor Gotcha GIF by Austrian Force eSports

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
You have a flawed premise to begin with. First, 6-6 has always been arbitrary because not all schedules are created equally. Second, part of the rules in 2016 was APR. Third, the 3-7 in 2020 was similar to a typical 6-6 when you consider quality of competition.

But it doesn’t matter now, it’s over. Thanks Arnett. Now we enter a new era.

Strength of schedule was never, as in not ever, a consideration for meeting the eligibility threshold for bowl game participation. Employing your 3 win "logic" state would have been national champions with 7-8 wins in '20. state's '20 bowl game participation is simply not justifiable on a merit basis. Its baffling that you would make such an argument.....

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login