The Chiefs are now America’s team…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022

The Bengals went to the SB last year and AFC Championship this year, have maybe the most dynamic young offensive duo in the league, and for all that great work, they've won over the hearts of... Kentucky.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Thankfully they at least got rid of Hill because Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill were my holy trinity of 17ing annoying NFL players. That said, Mahomes and Kelce still hold their own between just the two of them.

I’ll preface this by saying that I am NOT wishing for injuries, but having dealt with the last two years of literally dozens of season ending injuries as a Niners fan, it is annoying as 17 that the Chiefs have gone on a 5 year tear with seemingly NO ONE ever missing time. I think they lost a big O lineman last year, and that’s about the extent of it
They are great players and they know it and are very happy to remind us constantly

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I'm sure he just wanted to throw something against the wall to see yall get your panties in a wad and then argue about something meaningless for 3 pages
I didn’t start hating the Chiefs until they started the Kelce-Taylor Swift WWE cringe side story.

Could you see this stuff happening in 85 with the bears or 86 with Parcells ?

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Of for 17s sake , are you on the Taylor Swift train now ?
Nah. My kid likes the Chiefs, and Cowboys fans (and the other super serious six packers) are an easy bunch to rattle.

Chiefs are well on their way to developing a true national following though. They have some advantages that the Patriots didn’t have when they went on their run.

Reactions: 85Bears

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I didn’t start hating the Chiefs until they started the Kelce-Taylor Swift WWE cringe side story.

Could you see this stuff happening in 85 with the bears or 86 with Parcells ?

Emotion Reaction GIF

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Never saw it in a game, keep the cringe off the TV set while the game is being played.
Because there was 3 17’ing cameras for the broadcast. Today we have pylon cams and drones. Not to mention so much dead time to fill with replays and TV timeouts. They showed Giselle, they showed Katherine Webb, they showed Jessica Simpson. Hell, how much did they show Jack at Lakers games. It was 24 seconds for the divisional game if that is too much I don’t know what to tell you. I thought all of the triggered people burned their jerseys and vowed to not watch anymore 5 years ago anyway.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Because there was 3 17’ing cameras for the broadcast. Today we have pylon cams and drones. Not to mention so much dead time to fill with replays and TV timeouts. They showed Giselle, they showed Katherine Webb, they showed Jessica Simpson. Hell, how much did they show Jack at Lakers games. It was 24 seconds for the divisional game.

Sounds like you know all of her songs by heart

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I mean I know more than Lane Kiffin, I do have a 12 year old daughter, but it’s not about her. If a player was dating Margot Robbie you can bet your *** they’d be showing her at least 24 seconds. Or at least I could hope. It is literally an activity that produced on Tv for entertainment purposes. One of the best players is playing in the biggest game and is dating the biggest entertainer in the world. This isn’t hard.

• Haha

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I should also say, I don’t really care for the Chiefs. I like Jones but hate Mahomes and his posse. So as much as it pains me to say this as a longtime Saints fan to an old NFC West rival, Go 9ers

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
Generally speaking... every chief player and everyone involved with them is an annoying piece of **** deuchebag. Except for Andy Reid and Chris Jones. But the rest of them, their brothers, girlfriends, wives, the quarterback they had to punch in college, etc... deuchbags, all of them.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I want to pull for the Chiefs because of Jones and Gay, but mother17ing hell I can't stand Taylor Swift and the camera cutting to her every 15 seconds is about more than I can take. They need to go ahead and break up so she can write a song about him and that be the end of it.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Generally speaking... every chief player and everyone involved with them is an annoying piece of **** deuchebag. Except for Andy Reid and Chris Jones. But the rest of them, their brothers, girlfriends, wives, the quarterback they had to punch in college, etc... deuchbags, all of them.
Yeh pretty much. All a bunch of tv ad hoes. I see those idiots selling something it makes me not want to buy it.
On top of my distaste for those advertising something the government already gave them billions of tax payer money for. That should be illegal to turn around and try to sell it to people for something.

mohomes his wife and family and kelce are trash.

of course the niners franchise has given us douchbags in the past too.

Cowboys still the biggest brand and fan base

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Patriots are more America's Team than the Cowboys too.

Cowboys are the 90s' team.
No and no..... Patriots rode the Brady/Belichick train to prosperity just like the Chiefs are riding the Mahomes / Kelce / Jones / Andy Reid train. When they are gone, it will revert to being an also ran team.

Meanwhile, the Cowboys have not won **** in 30 years and they are still the most valuable franchise and it's not close. If Dallas ever starts another dynasty like the Patriots it will be mind blowing. Don't forget Dallas has a very large Mexico fan base. They are the only franchise that will not go to Europe for a game over the next few years. They have demanded that all their out of US games be played in Mexico City and the NFL has agreed to it. No, Dallas is the top dog, there is no denying it.

I am only a fan because of Dak. I want him to win one or two like Elway at the end and they go away. I could not stand dealing with the Cowboys winning every year. It would be too damn much for me. The only franchise I like less are the Yankees.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Perhaps but it's hard to understand why. Most people can't stand Jerry Jones. Around here obviously it's because of Dak.
It's got nothing to do with the players names or the owner. They will hate them while still loving the Star on the helmet. The Cowboys may not be able to go forever without winning a superbowl and stay on top but they were huge before they ever won the first title. They were famous for losing the game and still were one of the top.

Other franchises have to win to get there. Patriots have gone into oblivion since Brady left and they were the only franchies to surpass them in a very long time. Green Bay was that team prior to the Cowboys.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Those aren’t as bad. Now if we can get rid of the Burger King commercials or at least not have them at every single commercial break during a game. BEEEEEEEEKAAAAYYYY HAVE IT YOUR WAY.
At least it keeps BK top of mind for me. Otherwise, about once a decade I have a weak hunger moment when near one and somehow forget how bad the everything, including service, is there. I can't imagine what their post-COVID service is like.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The Bengals went to the SB last year and AFC Championship this year, have maybe the most dynamic young offensive duo in the league, and for all that great work, they've won over the hearts of... Kentucky.
I thought the Packers and Steelers were in the top five because I have seen their fan base attend away games, but I thought that San Francisco would be higher than that.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Dallas still is and it’s not even close. Combined ticket sales, tv ratings, and merchandise sales blow everyone else out of the water.
This is correct but the NFL is about growing its customer base and there will be girls/women watching the Super Bowl now (after watching the playoffs) to see how the Chiefs and Kelce do because they are emotionally invested in the Swift love affair. It's business. Not that the Chiefs are not worthy of getting there, they are (Go Chris Jones, Go Willie Gay) but the ratings for the Chiefs are really good, as well as the 49'rs.

It would only be more of a story if Swift sang at halftime to help support her man to victory, doing a little heart sign as she rips off her shirt to reveal a Chiefs Kelce jersey underneath. I should write this drama out for the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login