The Indomitable Human Spirit (On Display in The Ukraine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Hold on. You can’t think Putin is evil and intelligent. Pick one or the other and stay in lane.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
If we were in Ukraine's place today, we'd have scores of men ID'ing themselves as trans women so they wouldn't have to fight, people marching in the streets in support of Russia because America is "racist," and talking heads on TV bemoaning the numbers of guns in the streets. Hell, as it stands right now, Lurch Kerry is making the circuit, crying about how Russia is not being mindful of their carbon footprint as they invade Ukraine, talking heads on MSNBC are talking about how Putin is demonstrating white supremacy, and hollywood celebrities are making cringe videos about how things would have been different if Putin was loved more as a child.

This country has lost its way and I pray to god we never have to fight a war of significance anytime soon.

Apologies to IBMD - now THIS is some hysterics.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
If we were in Ukraine's place today, we'd have scores of men ID'ing themselves as trans women so they wouldn't have to fight, people marching in the streets in support of Russia because America is "racist," and talking heads on TV bemoaning the numbers of guns in the streets. Hell, as it stands right now, Lurch Kerry is making the circuit, crying about how Russia is not being mindful of their carbon footprint as they invade Ukraine, talking heads on MSNBC are talking about how Putin is demonstrating white supremacy, and hollywood celebrities are making cringe videos about how things would have been different if Putin was loved more as a child.

This country has lost its way and I pray to god we never have to fight a war of significance anytime soon.

Lets address the 3 claims you made in bold.

- John Kerry sat down for an interview before Russian invaded. It then aired here after Russia had invaded. What exactly do you mean by 'making the circut'? Since the invasion, is he actively seeking out interviews to discuss Russia's Climate Change policies? It seems like he gave an interview before the invasion and thats it. Lemme know if that is incorrect, as I havent exactly spent much time giving a **** about that so I may not have all the info.

- A random hot actress reading a poem on twitter is funny. It doesnt need to be taken seriously, and by all account it hasnt been taken seriously. Its been mocked and parodied. But the bigger question here is why do you think a random actress who has been overwhelmingly made fun of is a representative of the USA? You point to her as proof of how the US would act, yet the US has largely laughed at and parodied her performance. Seems like an odd thing to include in your rant.

- I have no idea if MSNBC is saying Putin demonstrates white supremacy. I dont watch that, dont go to that website, and I dont go to websites that complain about MSNBC. If they are saying that, well ok then. I dont know if Putin is or isnt a white supremacist. I couldnt find anything like a transcript of what you mention and am not going to look for more than the minute I already wasted.

I posted this same thing earlier in a different thread, but it applies here- The US has 330mm people. You cited a few examples of what you view as weakness or ineptness and applied it to how the US as a whole would handle an invasion by Russia. I dont know why you think a cringe video by an actress represents the US, when so many have laughed at it. I dont know why you think it was so terrible of a politician who is tasked with climate issues to discuss another country's position on that global issue, since no invasion had happened.

“I’m concerned about Ukraine because of the people of Ukraine and because of the principles that are at risk, in terms of international law and trying to change boundaries of international law by force,” Kerry reportedly said. “I thought we lived in a world that had said no to that kind of activity. And I hope diplomacy will win.
“But it could have a profound negative impact on the climate, obviously. You have a war and obviously you’re going to have massive emissions consequences to the war,” he said.

So he expressed concern for Ukraine, disagreed with the possible invasion, and tied the potential conflict back to what was being discussed in the interview.
I dont think it was a good move by Kerry, but it also isnt some horrific incident as nothing had happened yet.

Basically, settle the 17 down and step back. A country of 330mm is not represented by a few poorly picked examples. And that also applies if someone else picked out a few select examples that make the US look terrible in the opposite way.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Lets address the 3 claims you made in bold.

- John Kerry sat down for an interview before Russian invaded. It then aired here after Russia had invaded. What exactly do you mean by 'making the circut'? Since the invasion, is he actively seeking out interviews to discuss Russia's Climate Change policies? It seems like he gave an interview before the invasion and thats it. Lemme know if that is incorrect, as I havent exactly spent much time giving a **** about that so I may not have all the info.

- A random hot actress reading a poem on twitter is funny. It doesnt need to be taken seriously, and by all account it hasnt been taken seriously. Its been mocked and parodied. But the bigger question here is why do you think a random actress who has been overwhelmingly made fun of is a representative of the USA? You point to her as proof of how the US would act, yet the US has largely laughed at and parodied her performance. Seems like an odd thing to include in your rant.

- I have no idea if MSNBC is saying Putin demonstrates white supremacy. I dont watch that, dont go to that website, and I dont go to websites that complain about MSNBC. If they are saying that, well ok then. I dont know if Putin is or isnt a white supremacist. I couldnt find anything like a transcript of what you mention and am not going to look for more than the minute I already wasted.

I posted this same thing earlier in a different thread, but it applies here- The US has 330mm people. You cited a few examples of what you view as weakness or ineptness and applied it to how the US as a whole would handle an invasion by Russia. I dont know why you think a cringe video by an actress represents the US, when so many have laughed at it. I dont know why you think it was so terrible of a politician who is tasked with climate issues to discuss another country's position on that global issue, since no invasion had happened.

So he expressed concern for Ukraine, disagreed with the possible invasion, and tied the potential conflict back to what was being discussed in the interview.
I dont think it was a good move by Kerry, but it also isnt some horrific incident as nothing had happened yet.

Basically, settle the 17 down and step back. A country of 330mm is not represented by a few poorly picked examples. And that also applies if someone else picked out a few select examples that make the US look terrible in the opposite way.

Tote that water, glfr. I expect nothing less.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
He ain’t intelligent.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Our allies in the Middle East, notably Saudi Arabia, countries we gave billions and weapons to and protected don't seem the least bit interested in condemning Russia. America sacrificed blood and treasure there. Even Israel was reluctant to condemn Russia.

Last edited:

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Oh look, dorn going full retard again.

This is starting to be a concerning trend, son. Seek help.

In seriousness, goof on me all you want. Using r_____ as a pejorative is ugly & beneath you.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Tote that water, glfr. I expect nothing less.

You asked dorn whats wrong with your post. I replied with some points. You dont address them.
Classic.

Again, why the 17 do you think an actress that is being made fun of by almost every comment I have read would be an accurate representation of how the US would handle an invasion by Russia? That isnt me toting water. That is me saying the actress doesnt represent the US in that instance. F17S.

Kerry expressed concern for Ukraine and discussed Russia's focus on climate in an interview before the invasion. Why is that an example of how the US would be weak if Russia invaded? It isnt an example. It seems like you just wanted to force a 24hr cycle story into the conversation and not provide accurate context to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login