The King

Nov 6, 2015
For us old timer’s
Lawler had an unusual vocabulary.
For instance Banana Nose (lance Russell), Jabroni, and of course pencil neck. I’m so old I remember when Lawler used to get beat up weekly on Memphis wrestling

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
King Jerry Lawler suffered possible stroke and had surgery in Florida at his home. Long live the king
The two greatest kings ever (Lawler and Elvis) both from Memphis! Btw, did you guys know that the HTM was Lawler's first cousin? If you have to ask who the HTM is then never mind.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
For us old timer’s
For instance Banana Nose (lance Russell), Jabroni, and of course pencil neck. I’m so old I remember when Lawler used to get beat up weekly on Memphis wrestling
PUPPIES!!!
big tits GIF

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
King-related; when I got my first gig post MSU graduation @ FedEx in Memphis (1991), my I/T team lead was Jerry Calhoun. I didn't know who he was at the time, being some sort of a local celebrity/referee/etc. Needless to say, not a great first impression.

Played on the FedEx softball team with him and some former ball players including my college roommate (who reads here too).
Just thought I'd share, noticed his twitter is mentioning Lawler. Calhoun Tweet

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I would say despite this, there's a 90% chance that he'll be wrestling some independent show against Lord Humongous in like Murfreesboro, TN by the Spring.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
For us old timer’s

I remember when Memphis had a small earthquake/tremor back in the 70's. Lawler came on Saturday morning telling everyone that it was just Lance Russell's banana nose hitting the rungs on the Memphis Arkansas bridge while he was driving over.

Back in the days it was on channel 13 before the move to 5. Spent a lot of Saturdays down their tell the ref, Jerry Calhoun I believe in as the one. Nooooo he didn't pull his hair.

Good times.

Nov 6, 2015
Do y’all remember when Lawler and I believe his manager the late Sam bass tore off lance’s Baxter suit
Classic, couldn’t even make that sh*t up now
And also don’t forget the hair vs hair matches

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login