Not open for further replies.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Who kills threads the worst?

Boom Boom
MSGLFR
Horshack

The 3 Stooges ( or are they trolls?)
They are only half of the equation. They wouldn’t sling shi t if others weren’t slinging it back.

I agree with DS that this is a huge event. Why we can’t talk about it without people shifting over to the typical identity politics BS is beyond comprehension. Similar to the Boston Bombing thread years ago, we had the opportunity to discuss what was happening in the assassination attempt and leave the rest out. Some people just can’t help themselves (both sides of the isle).

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
They are only half of the equation. They wouldn’t sling shi t if others weren’t slinging it back.

I agree with DS that this is a huge event. Why we can’t talk about it without people shifting over to the typical identity politics BS is beyond comprehension. Similar to the Boston Bombing thread years ago, we had the opportunity to discuss what was happening in the assassination attempt and leave the rest out. Some people just can’t help themselves (both sides of the isle).
Which side of the Isle? Windward or Leeward?

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Is it slinging **** to correctly label something stupid. Like for instance, the idea that MAGA and the Third Reich are in any way equivalent or that this was a WWE style work.
.....pass.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Ban hammer next time somebody starts one?
Shirley you can't be serious. We're in a dead period sports wise and the news is off the charts right now like I've never seen and I'm 61. We all know why The Mods wanna squelch things when it gets rough. From what I've seen though is those who post politics do so with respect for the board and civility. I think The Pack does a much better job than ED on political threads. ED is stupid on banning posters while The Pack uses much more common sense.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Shirley you can't be serious. We're in a dead period sports wise and the news is off the charts right now like I've never seen and I'm 61. We all know why The Mods wanna squelch things when it gets rough. From what I've seen though is those who post politics do so with respect for the board and civility. I think The Pack does a much better job than ED on political threads. ED is stupid on banning posters while The Pack uses much more common sense.
Okay then. I'll retract my suggestion if you ditch the handle and switch to something with more words and less numbers. You anons might as well be bots

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Okay then. I'll retract my suggestion if you ditch the handle and switch to something with more words and less numbers. You anons might as well be bots
I 17d up my username and I just haven't fixed it. I used to be "Cantdoitsallie"

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Honestly the political threads don’t bother me as much on the new site. On the old one a lot of people preferred threaded view so 300 post threads where 4 people were just name calling was a nightmare.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Sorry y’all, I’ve got more dire things to worry about. I just walked outside to put burgers on the grill, and it was just in time to hear my MIL ask my wife when we were going to be ready for her to move in so that she could retire and freeload

Sad Headache GIF by King of Boys

Last edited:

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Honestly the political threads don’t bother me as much on the new site. On the old one a lot of people preferred threaded view so 300 post threads where 4 people were just name calling was a nightmare.
Good point. Much easier to scroll past threads that don't interest you in this view.

Also less likely to see the shiny bait that I suck at ignoring.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Who kills threads the worst?

Boom Boom
MSGLFR
Horshack

The 3 Stooges ( or are they trolls?)
I almost only respond to incorrect claims or comments in political threads. I post documented facts. That frequently gets people all bent out of shape because their wild theories and unsubstantiated claims are often easily refuted.

Case in point- yesterday Boss claimed multiple times that liberals created project2025, even after being told that conservative groups have taken credit for parts of it.
That resulted in a back and forth back and forth- one dealing in reality and one dealing in baseless conspiracy.

I do ruin threads in that I frequently continue to push back on lies, baseless accusations, and deflections. My view though is the lies and deflections shouldn't exist in the first place.
That results in many threads being locked, but I think they are basically ruined once the lies and deflections begin.

Last edited:

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Sorry y’all, I’ve got more dire things to worry about. I just walked outside to put burgers on the grill, and it was just in time to hear my MIL ask my wife when we were going to be ready for her to move in so that she could retire and feeeload

Sad Headache GIF by King of Boys
Tell that bioitch you’re moving to a tiny house
And you only cook in your tighty-whiteys

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I was about to give similar advice. There was discussion of an in-law moving in with us because “we’ve got the room” and “it would probably only be about a year”. We downsized. Not directly because of that, but it ended the discussion. Praise the Lord

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I was about to give similar advice. There was discussion of an in-law moving in with us because “we’ve got the room” and “it would probably only be about a year”. We downsized. Not directly because of that, but it ended the discussion. Praise the Lord
Wife dragged me over to look at a house the other day. Comes with a full MIL suite that the wife was swooning over. Even said I could make it my man cave and bar. I wasn't fooled.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Wife dragged me over to look at a house the other day. Comes with a full MIL suite that the wife was swooning over. Even said I could make it my man cave and bar. I wasn't fooled.
So you’re not a complete idiot

Let me tell you my tale

So we bought a house with full basement we didn’t need because MIL said she’s coming

Half way through the remodel she renegs

Never would have bought house if wasn’t for her lies

Basement still unfinished

Gonna make it a helluva man cave

TL/DR version, never trust MiL

Edit to add:
Goat would lobby to have me pay capital gains tax on this 17in house I’ve spent a shittton of blood and sweat on based on lies and convince you boomers are evil even though I’m not a boomer
I’m little drunk and 17 goat That is all

Last edited:

tired

Sep 16, 2013
It's a huge event in our nation's history. I don't mind the discussion. That's why presidential elections - I'm a little more lax on letting people talk but damn - just talk.

Both sides of the aisle are crazy. Looney as hell.
Some on both sides are "looney as hell". Some of us are not. Seems to me the select few that cause the issues should be in timeout from the thread and those of us that can have discussion like adults should be allowed to carry on.

But you're the boss.

Still the best board on the 'net.

Reactions: Anon1704414204

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
So you’re not a complete idiot

Let me tell you my tale

So we bought a house with full basement we didn’t need because MIL said she’s coming

Half way through the remodel she renegs

Never would have bought house if wasn’t for her lies

Basement still unfinished

Gonna make it a helluva man cave

TL/DR version, never trust MiL
MIL. I swear bat **** crazy. Luckily my wife has realized this about her mom recently of how crazy she is and cut off contact. Only problem with that is that they have already moved back closer again after moving away just last year.

Reactions: T-TownDawgg

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
It is absolutely insane, man. This woman has spent 50 years making one poor decision after another, effectively torpedoing every relationship and bit of finances that she's had. She also drives my wife nuts 10x more than anyone else. However, she’ll never relinquish hope that if she can just catch my wife at the right time and play that woe is me card one more time, maybe my wife will finally give in.

Whiskey Looping GIF by Buffalo Trace Bourbon

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
It is absolutely insane, man. This woman has spent 50 years making one poor decision after another, effectively torpedoing every relationship and bit of finances that she's had. She also drives my wife nuts 10x more than anyone else. However, she’ll never relinquish hope that if she can just catch my wife at the right time and play that woe is me card one more time, maybe my wife will finally give in.

Dude, don’t do it

Stand your ground

Life is short

When you married, you made a vow to your wife, not that biaatch

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
I almost only respond to incorrect claims or comments in political threads. I post documented facts. That frequently gets people all bent out of shape because their wild theories and unsubstantiated claims are often easily refuted.

Case in point- yesterday Boss claimed multiple times that liberals created project2025, even after being told that conservative groups have taken credit for parts of it.
That resulted in a back and forth back and forth- one dealing in reality and one dealing in baseless conspiracy.

I do ruin threads in that I frequently continue to push back on lies, baseless accusations, and deflections. My view though is the lies and deflections shouldn't exist in the first place.
That results in many threads being locked, but I think they are basically ruined once the lies and deflections begin.
Some things you pushed back on were not lies though. Some of the things the media told you were "baseless conspiracies" in time turned out to be factual.

• Haha
Reactions: dgsmith15

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

Mine drives my wife crazy with her constant passive aggressive jabs and such. Wife gets triggered every time. Yet immediately signs up for another round every time.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
MIL. I swear bat **** crazy. Luckily my wife has realized this about her mom recently of how crazy she is and cut off contact. Only problem with that is that they have already moved back closer again after moving away just last year.
It’s horse$hit man. It’s House of Dragons night, and I’ve had a couple drinks, so I’m a little more wound up than usual. But I swear…

I’m no saint and I’ve never pretended to be perfect, but my wife and I have been together for 18 years with two good kids, and I feel like I’ve done about all I could possibly do to provide. Meanwhile, this ray of sunshine comes over every Sunday night so that I can make her dinner, and all I get to hear is about how The MAN has held her back all her life, all men are idiots, and her go to topic of conversation is… you guessed it. Politics. All while pounding drink after drink from the bottles of wine that I got for my wife

I don’t know how my wife has been able to put up with this for 40 years

• Wow
Reactions: horshack.sixpack

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

Dang, hang in there. Always tell your wife you love her too much to let her mother ruin the marriage. That’s basically the point I finally got my wife to understand. Good luck.
A big gamble, but it might work: go on an extended vacation together. She’ll likely ruin it. Use that as proof she doesn’t need to move in. My in-law had to stay with us for two weeks during our discussion about a permanent move-in. Those two weeks were HORRIBLE. My wife realized that wasn’t a long term solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login