The look when you are tired of political talk and want to see some boobie

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
It’s horse$hit man. It’s House of Dragons night, and I’ve had a couple drinks, so I’m a little more wound up than usual. But I swear…

I’m no saint and I’ve never pretended to be perfect, but my wife and I have been together for 18 years with two good kids, and I feel like I’ve done about all I could possibly do to provide. Meanwhile, this ray of sunshine comes over every Sunday night so that I can make her dinner, and all I get to hear is about how The MAN has held her back all her life, all men are idiots, and her go to topic of conversation is… you guessed it. Politics. All while pounding drink after drink from the bottles of wine that I got for my wife

I don’t know how my wife has been able to put up with this for 40 years
That sounds 17’ing miserable man.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
It’s horse$hit man. It’s House of Dragons night, and I’ve had a couple drinks, so I’m a little more wound up than usual. But I swear…

I’m no saint and I’ve never pretended to be perfect, but my wife and I have been together for 18 years with two good kids, and I feel like I’ve done about all I could possibly do to provide. Meanwhile, this ray of sunshine comes over every Sunday night so that I can make her dinner, and all I get to hear is about how The MAN has held her back all her life, all men are idiots, and her go to topic of conversation is… you guessed it. Politics. All while pounding drink after drink from the bottles of wine that I got for my wife

Good God, man

I’d have a heart to heart with the wife and label that bioattch toxic, and harmful to my family, because she is

My mil is a bioiatch but even she knows not to get under my 17in roof and drink my drink and eat my food and berate me.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Sorry y’all, I’ve got more dire things to worry about. I just walked outside to put burgers on the grill, and it was just in time to hear my MIL ask my wife when we were going to be ready for her to move in so that she could retire and feeeload

Sad Headache GIF by King of Boys
Prayers sent

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Some things you pushed back on were not lies though. Some of the things the media told you were "baseless conspiracies" in time turned out to be factual.
1- I don't know what you are referring to. It'd be cool if you specified so we can be on the same page.

2- You may have lumped me in with someone else or assumed my views...both happen frequently on here.

3- Based on how you phrased your post, you could be referring to random covid discussion?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Dang, hang in there. Always tell your wife you love her too much to let her mother ruin the marriage. That’s basically the point I finally got my wife to understand. Good luck.
A big gamble, but it might work: go on an extended vacation together. She’ll likely ruin it. Use that as proof she doesn’t need to move in. My in-law had to stay with us for two weeks during our discussion about a permanent move-in. Those two weeks were HORRIBLE. My wife realized that wasn’t a long term solution.
Awesome tip, and thankfully we won’t even have to go that far since my MIL spends Xmas Eve night with us every year, and I kid you not… we couldn’t even get through that two years ago without a knock down, drag out

For whatever reason, my MIL felt like getting into it around 10:30 about how her niece didn’t know anything about decorating for a wedding, and when my wife says… I’m sure they’ll figure it out, and it’ll be fine, oh man… MIL snaps and tells her that she shouldn’t be talking back to a woman that’s been doing this for twenty 17ing years. She’s a treat, I’ll tell ya

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Awesome tip, and thankfully we won’t even have to go that far since my MIL spends Xmas Eve night with us every year, and I kid you not… we couldn’t even get through that two years ago without a knock down, drag out

For whatever reason, my MIL felt like getting into it around 10:30 about how her niece didn’t know anything about decorating for a wedding, and when my wife says… I’m sure they’ll figure it out, and it’ll be fine, oh man… MIL snaps and tells her that she shouldn’t be talking back to a woman that’s been doing this for twenty 17ing years. She’s a treat, I’ll tell ya
You need to find her husband. Should be easy

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg and mcdawg22

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I almost only respond to incorrect claims or comments in political threads. I post documented facts. That frequently gets people all bent out of shape because their wild theories and unsubstantiated claims are often easily refuted.

Case in point- yesterday Boss claimed multiple times that liberals created project2025, even after being told that conservative groups have taken credit for parts of it.
That resulted in a back and forth back and forth- one dealing in reality and one dealing in baseless conspiracy.

I do ruin threads in that I frequently continue to push back on lies, baseless accusations, and deflections. My view though is the lies and deflections shouldn't exist in the first place.
That results in many threads being locked, but I think they are basically ruined once the lies and deflections begin.

When the Boom Daddy is your only like, you know you just nailed that post.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I almost only respond to incorrect claims or comments in political threads. I post documented facts. That frequently gets people all bent out of shape because their wild theories and unsubstantiated claims are often easily refuted.

Case in point- yesterday Boss claimed multiple times that liberals created project2025, even after being told that conservative groups have taken credit for parts of it.
That resulted in a back and forth back and forth- one dealing in reality and one dealing in baseless conspiracy.

I do ruin threads in that I frequently continue to push back on lies, baseless accusations, and deflections. My view though is the lies and deflections shouldn't exist in the first place.
That results in many threads being locked, but I think they are basically ruined once the lies and deflections begin.
Self perception is a fickle b itch

Much like Seinfeld’s MIL

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Some on both sides are "looney as hell". Some of us are not. Seems to me the select few that cause the issues should be in timeout from the thread and those of us that can have discussion like adults should be allowed to carry on.

But you're the boss.

Still the best board on the 'net.
Choosing who’s crazy is all relative

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

Narcissist mother in laws are real. Everything is someone else's fault and everything has to go exactly their way. You bend over backwards for them time and time again. You disagree with them and all hell breaks lose. my wife finally had the courage to stand up to the bs. After I had told her several times she can't give her mother everything she wants always.
Also like yours, terrible at making decisions and makes every decision on emotions and on a whim. Then wanted us to help out when she change her mind the 100th time. Constantly nagged my wife about everything and told her how she should do marriage. Even Trying to get her to hide money from me not that I even control our finances like that. My wife is more frugal than I am these days. I'd always do what ever I could to help her and my wife's step father but they push the limits too far on us and my wife and I had to put my foot down and hold my ground a few times causing my MIL to blow a fuse. My wife's step father not any better. He's so whipped he just goes along with it too afraid of being divorced at his age I guess even though he is on like wife number 5 or so now. He would blame us for upsetting his wife not giving her whatever she wanted like a spoiled brat. Wife realized how crazy her mom is and doesn't want to end up like her and doesn't want her around.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
My MIL is a narcissist bully to my wife and sister in law. Makes me so mad sometimes. She lives with my sister in law and is almost at the point of needing to be in a nursing home or assisted living but that doesn’t stop her from bossing everyone around and if theres any pushback she’s the victim.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Sorry y’all, I’ve got more dire things to worry about. I just walked outside to put burgers on the grill, and it was just in time to hear my MIL ask my wife when we were going to be ready for her to move in so that she could retire and feeeload

Sad Headache GIF by King of Boys
Got the news my mil was moving in with us for a little while. I knew it would be very uncomfortable, but I was planning to try my best to make it work.

She paid rent, kept the groceries stocked, did laundry and cleaned every day, kept a fresh beer ready when I was out, cooked most days, and if she wasn’t cooking she was offering to take us out to dinner. Other than that she either stayed in her room, or sat outside in the screened in porch.

Her other daughter just bought a house with a mil suite. She’s moved in full time with her. My wife is beyond excited. Me, not so much.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
My MIL is a narcissist bully to my wife and sister in law. Makes me so mad sometimes. She lives with my sister in law and is almost at the point of needing to be in a nursing home or assisted living but that doesn’t stop her from bossing everyone around and if theres any pushback she’s the victim.
That explains my mother too. But luckily she stopped a lot of that when I told her she is dependent on those she bullies to stay a live and learn to say 17in thank you. And ask and that she is in no position to boss people around. That was a fight we had years About 5 years ago.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Normal is an agreed upon reality.
That's true. However different groups out there are trying to redefine what is normal and make it agenda to cancel you if you don't agree. Used to the norm of a society was set by the majority but typically lately in the US the small minority tries to set the norm for society. Now what used to be not normal or taboo is waved proudly and people are told they have to accept it have your life ruined

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
That's true. However different groups out there are trying to redefine what is normal and make it agenda to cancel you if you don't agree. Used to the norm of a society was set by the majority but typically lately in the US the small minority tries to set the norm for society. Now what used to be not normal or taboo is waved proudly and people are told they have to accept it have your life ruined
Societal norms do shift over time. Change is one of our few certainties in life. And you are correct, there is a toxic cancel culture in which disagreement is often couched as some grave offense, sometimes even (mis)represented as violence.

Big Sheep81

Feb 24, 2008
I feel for you boys....My in-laws and especially my MIL have been like a second set of parents for over 40 years. When my wife passed a couple of years ago, I didn't know how things would be. Still see them a couple times a week and promised them before my wife died I would see to them as she was an only child. Could not have been treated any better over the years. Gonna keep that promise, too.

Good luck boys.

fedxdog

Dec 7, 2008
My father taught me years ago that I should respect the Office of the President. I could like or dislike the person but respect the office. We've seen in the last 3 years one party attempting to nail the former president, but they forgot that what goes around, comes around. I got to fly the USAF support plane for Nixon. Like him or not, those that worked for him that I interacted with were very nice people.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
One of many threads I'll be reading along and have to go back to the top and check the original subject. In this case, how'd we get off on MIL's? Ah yes a pic of Dixon.

In fairness, not sure the board is a lot different than conversations I've had over the years with friends. Find ourselves down some rabbit hole and ask how'd we get here? or what were we talking about?

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I feel for you boys....My in-laws and especially my MIL have been like a second set of parents for over 40 years. When my wife passed a couple of years ago, I didn't know how things would be. Still see them a couple times a week and promised them before my wife died I would see to them as she was an only child. Could not have been treated any better over the years. Gonna keep that promise, too.

Good luck boys.
My wife always said she thought her mother (and father) liked me more than her.

patdog

May 28, 2007
My father taught me years ago that I should respect the Office of the President. I could like or dislike the person but respect the office. We've seen in the last 3 years one party attempting to nail the former president, but they forgot that what goes around, comes around
To be fair, it’s more like the last 20 years, and it’s both parties. As soon as a president is elected, the other part spends the next 4 years trying to destroy him. Your father was right, but that’s not the way either party play of these days.

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I love Anthony Dixon, but if we’re going to talk boobie and former players, there are other options out there:

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
To be fair, it’s more like the last 20 years, and it’s both parties. As soon as a president is elected, the other part spends the next 4 years trying to destroy him. Your father was right, but that’s not the way either party play of these days.
30 years. It started with Clinton.

Reactions: dorndawg and patdog

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
My father taught me years ago that I should respect the Office of the President. I could like or dislike the person but respect the office. We've seen in the last 3 years one party attempting to nail the former president, but they forgot that what goes around, comes around. I got to fly the USAF support plane for Nixon. Like him or not, those that worked for him that I interacted with were very nice people.
If Trump actually did what he is accused of, is it "trying to nail him" or is it respecting the rule of law?

It seems clear to me that the Dems tried to sweep his crimes under the rug, but he rubbed their noses in his crimes and his intent to commit more so fiercely that he forced them to charge him. How else do you explain refusing to return classified documents? If they wanted to nail him, they would have charged him as soon as they learned he had them. They didn't. They asked for them back (which no one else would be afforded), and still he refused.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I
30 years. It started with Clinton.
I'm going to clarify this. The conservatives did it to Bill Clinton (let's remember that his land deals were not even 1% of the shadyness of Trump), Obama (birth certificate, etc), Hillary (they literally still claim she kills people, and they made the biggest issue in an election her emails, when Trump went on to do worse and they never cared), and now baselessly refer to the Biden Crime Family as they pursue his son with the zeal of the Spanish Inquisition. Meanwhile the left never pursued Reagan or HW (despite Reagan committing treason by making a deal with Iran to keep Americans hostage until he was elected) or W (despite his war crimes). They dragged their feet on Trump despite his vast criminal acts.

If the govt is trying to "nail" someone, they are not free 4 years after committing multiple, blatant serious crimes. This is just typical conservative false reality.

Meanwhile, all the supposed moderates will just nod their heads that both sides are equally at fault.

• Haha
Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

MedDawg

Apr 24, 2009
So you’re not a complete idiot

Let me tell you my tale

So we bought a house with full basement we didn’t need because MIL said she’s coming

Half way through the remodel she renegs

Never would have bought house if wasn’t for her lies

Basement still unfinished

Gonna make it a helluva man cave

TL/DR version, never trust MiL

Edit to add:
Goat would lobby to have me pay capital gains tax on this 17in house I’ve spent a shittton of blood and sweat on based on lies and convince you boomers are evil even though I’m not a boomer
I’m little drunk and 17 goat That is all
Taxes on unrealized gains are extremely stupid and would never work in the real world.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Nice fish

Attachments

• 451293974_421720540865787_4423624811520612154_n.jpg
    451293974_421720540865787_4423624811520612154_n.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Love
Reactions: Dawgg

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Got the news my mil was moving in with us for a little while. I knew it would be very uncomfortable, but I was planning to try my best to make it work.

She paid rent, kept the groceries stocked, did laundry and cleaned every day, kept a fresh beer ready when I was out, cooked most days, and if she wasn’t cooking she was offering to take us out to dinner. Other than that she either stayed in her room, or sat outside in the screened in porch.

Her other daughter just bought a house with a mil suite. She’s moved in full time with her. My wife is beyond excited. Me, not so much.
Is your MIL single?

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I

I'm going to clarify this. The conservatives did it to Bill Clinton (let's remember that his land deals were not even 1% of the shadyness of Trump), Obama (birth certificate, etc), Hillary (they literally still claim she kills people, and they made the biggest issue in an election her emails, when Trump went on to do worse and they never cared), and now baselessly refer to the Biden Crime Family as they pursue his son with the zeal of the Spanish Inquisition. Meanwhile the left never pursued Reagan or HW (despite Reagan committing treason by making a deal with Iran to keep Americans hostage until he was elected) or W (despite his war crimes). They dragged their feet on Trump despite his vast criminal acts.

If the govt is trying to "nail" someone, they are not free 4 years after committing multiple, blatant serious crimes. This is just typical conservative false reality.

Meanwhile, all the supposed moderates will just nod their heads that both sides are equally at fault.
Are you at work now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login