The look when you are tired of political talk and want to see some boobie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Wow. I had no idea property taxes are based on gains. I always thought it was assessed value. Learn something every day.
Not a fan of property taxes and I'd prefer only income and sales taxes. They're just relentless and inescapable unlike other taxes. I could make less money and pay fewer taxes if I choose, I could buy fewer things, but that can't happen to property. I supposed I could try to lower the value of my property, a dumb thing to try, but there are HOA's and city regs to meet. Property taxes keep going up so the only way to avoid them would be to sell your property. I don't think they're as fair as other taxes.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Another thing about property taxes is that it's expensive to buy property in neighborhoods away from undesirable people yet those taxes primarily serve neighborhoods with undesirable people with much higher crime rates.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
Another thing about property taxes is that it's expensive to buy property in neighborhoods away from undesirable people yet those taxes primarily serve neighborhoods with undesirable people with much higher crime rates.
One thing about property taxes in MS is they never lower the assessed value. That's some BS. AL & FL actually reassess and lower in times of declining values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login