The MHSAA needs to be disbanded

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Mississippi is always going to good ole boy the **** out of everything. Backwards *** organization in a backwards *** state. They basically do whatever a handful of coaches tell them to do (normally the same ones running the coaches side of things). It's never about what's best for the kids, it's about what fills their pockets and helps their friends.

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
That is False. I can tell you I have been to soccer tournaments multiple times in December with ODP teams. We competed in Atlanta and Miami in the month of December and this included girls from the whole state, many who played on some the states best HS programs (West Lauderdale, Clinton, Brandon, Tupelo, MC, Hattiesburg, NW Rankin just to name a few). Also there are multiple club tournaments that run into November that MS clubs have attended (look up Vestavia Hills for 1 example) and to say MS HS soccer ends in January is false. In the past the playoffs went into February.

HuntDawg I understand you are trying to defend MHSAA but the reality is the association has turned a blind eye to enforcing this rule. This is plain and simple selective enforcement.
I'm living it. I don't have to research it to know they happen at the same time. Starkville tournament is in November I believe. There are others in December. Some HS players play, and some don't, but I assure you they overlap no matter what is on paper.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I'm living it. I don't have to research it to know they happen at the same time. Starkville tournament is in November I believe. There are others in December. Some HS players play, and some don't, but I assure you they overlap no matter what is on paper.
uhhh ok? Not going to argue. Multi people here are telling you it doesnt over lap. On paper it doesnt over lap. if you think it does because your living it so be it.

Obviously most (95% or more) follow the rules if not all, seeing that the tournaments listed fall outside of the season.

End of the day. Its the schools/parents/coaches/players that police each other, not the MissHSAA. If someone is turning a blind eye to the matter, its them. And i feel very confident in saying this doesnt happen "everywhere"

idog

Aug 17, 2010
From their website :
“The Starkvegas Cup has been cancelled for 2023 due to complex renovations”

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Because the kid still is on a team in MS, that is under the MHSAA umbrella. And the rules state indoor OR outdoor track.

Track is track. Its a known rule. The rule also states very clearly indoor or outdoor.

You are arguing against yourself here, aren't you? The quote of the rule I keep seeing (not sure if it's correct or if everybody keeps repeating the same misquote) says "A student who is a member of a MHSAA school team shall not participate in any manner in any event in a meet or a contest as an unattached contestant against a high school team, a junior high school team, a collegiate team, a club team or other unattached individuals in that same sport. One individual shall constitute a team in indoor and outdoor track and field."

If that's the rule, it could be clearer, but the fairest reading seems to be that it is acknowledging that indoor and outdoor track and field are different sports. It doesn't say "Indoor and outdoor track and field shall be considered the same sport". It doesn't say "track and field, whether indoor or outdoor". It doesn't even just say "track and field" without referencing indoor or outdoor, which would leave open the interpretation that it considers all track and field one sport.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login