The opposite of get in the water and cool down…

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgsmith15

Nov 10, 2008
No No No GIF

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They have said the upper air patterns don't favor a hurricane sliding in, BUT if one gets in the Gulf we've got trouble. Worries me because some of the worst storms like Camile and Katrina ramped up fast in the Gulf.

Reactions: AROB44

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Shallow clear water gets hot. The water in the keys is very warm. I have been in it and it's like bath water. Buy yeah I guess we are all gonna boil now when the seas rise and get the ones of us not cooked already. I heard it was hot in Phoenix in July too. Paying more taxes will make the weather more gooder tho

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Climate change has happened constantly throughout this planets existence. I live 300 miles from the ocean and yet I can go a mile from my house and pick up sharks teeth and sea shells from the ground. the earth is going through a natural cycle. I have no doubt that humans have contributed to the acceleration of change but thinking that we can stop it is stupid. There are entirely too many people on this planet, ole Mother Nature is going to fix that problem one way or the other. She’s going to thin the herd. She might even eliminate the human species all together and start over with something different.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
The water in Destin will draw up your sack so fast your ******* has to catch it. Coldest I've ever seen this time of year.
I was in Destin a few weeks ago and noticed the same thing. Gulf seemed colder than normal for this time of the year

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Confirmed, correct temperature.
There has to be a contributing factor. The report I read said it went from 90 in the morning to 100 at 6. That is absurd for a body of water that opens up to the Atlantic. For comparison, East Bay in Pensacola has temp bouys in 3 feet of water. It’s a dark bed area with sea grass and at most it may rise 2 degrees in a day.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Climate change has happened constantly throughout this planets existence. I live 300 miles from the ocean and yet I can go a mile from my house and pick up sharks teeth and sea shells from the ground. the earth is going through a natural cycle. I have no doubt that humans have contributed to the acceleration of change but thinking that we can stop it is stupid. There are entirely too many people on this planet, ole Mother Nature is going to fix that problem one way or the other. She’s going to thin the herd. She might even eliminate the human species all together and start over with something different.
Why bother regulating any pollution, having any hunting or fishing limits, got it, earth is big and old it's all pointless.**

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Climate change is occurring before our very eyes. Don't live near the coastline.
Deny all you want. Reality is the weather channel.
Only someone with a heavy political agenda, or detached from reality would argue that the climate isn't changing. The key argument just gets distilled into talking points of climate denier or climate warrior. Things are heating up. The question is can we do anything to make it less so? Many think that we can. Many are adamantly opposed to spending any money on anything to try to improve it.

Reality is somewhere between Don Quixote and effective legislation to make some improvements. If we didn't have any regulatory rules, we would all be living in a much more toxic wasteland created by corporate greed. Fortunately, at some point in the past we had politicians interested in something besides culture wars and they curtailed emissions, limited what could just be dumped into our waterways, forced companies to note toxicity on product packaging and implement various other net positive guardrails that balanced capitalism with the greater good of society.

We now have a complete culture war focused clown show that has been elected and it shows. Most of the people clamoring to not spend any of "my tax money" on such things are already a net drain on the federal economy; a welfare baby who doesn't get SNAP so they feel pretty smug about how they are paying their fair share, all the while they are using federal subsidies left and right with no thought given. I'd encourage you not to think too hard about any of it or the dissonance will kill you.

Last edited:

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
I was in Destin a few weeks ago and noticed the same thing. Gulf seemed colder than normal for this time of the year
Same here, we were there the week of July 4th. I charged out into the water the first day and it stopped me in my tracks in that nut-shriveling breath-taking way.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Shallow clear water gets hot. The water in the keys is very warm. I have been in it and it's like bath water. Buy yeah I guess we are all gonna boil now when the seas rise and get the ones of us not cooked already. I heard it was hot in Phoenix in July too. Paying more taxes will make the weather more gooder tho
There is a nuclear facility a little north of that. Anyone know if the cooling runoff could raise temps? Out of my element here but I do know those channels make it to the bays eventually.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
During the 70’s when I was in elementary school, the fear was of the next ice age.
Have you considered there might be new information in the last 50+ years?

Reactions: preacher_dawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This is why we got the masking mandates we did, because they figured, "Hey, morons have bought all the man-made climate change claptrap we sold 'em, of course they'll lap up masking."
Even if you don't believe it (either climate change or masking), isn't it at least semi-responsible to halfway take some precautionary measures, from time to time? And trust me, I hated the mask-holes. But I could see the benefit in say, the airport.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Even if you don't believe it (either climate change or masking), isn't it at least semi-responsible to halfway take some precautionary measures, from time to time? And trust me, I hated the mask-holes. But I could see the benefit in say, the airport.
Everything is a conspiracy now. "They" vs me. If I wear a mask bc I'm asked to, the next logical step is for me to walk off a cliff right?

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
They were only effective for butterfaces. In fact, they should still be masking. Don’t they even care about the rest of us?

dawgenstein

Mar 3, 2008
The reason people have doubts with psuedoscience is because of what we have been through in the last 3 years. A very detailed study on weather monitoring from 2022 presents in exhausting detail how temperature sensors over the last decade all over the U.S. have been moved to warmer areas, or replaced, to present warmer temperatures. Access it here if you would like 2022: Corrupted Climate Stations. One of the examples frequently given from this study is how they have moved many of the sensors out of the shade (the original NOAA standard) out onto airport runways in large cities.
Approximately 96% of U.S. temperature stations used to measure climate change fail to meet the "acceptable" and uncorrupted placement standards set by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

The research, conducted by The Heartland Institute, utilized satellite and in-person surveys to assess NOAA weather stations contributing to the official land temperature data in the United States. The study reveals that an alarming 96% of these stations are affected by localized urbanization effects, leading to a heat-bias due to their proximity to asphalt, machinery, and other heat-producing objects.

This violates NOAA's own published standards and raises concerns about the accuracy of long-term climate warming trends in the country.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
There is a nuclear facility a little north of that. Anyone know if the cooling runoff could raise temps? Out of my element here but I do know those channels make it to the bays eventually.
Those facilities do heat the water. In areas with colder water during the winter months, they are fishing hotspots, literally.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
During the 70’s when I was in elementary school, the fear was of the next ice age.
I remember that and it scared the crap out of me. I also got scared when they said Acid Rain was fallen and there was a hole in Ozone. I believed it then. We went from second ICE Age to Global warming in 20 years. Every fire, weather pattern and flies farting are blamed on climate change. Too much politics and money to know what to really believe. So yes, I believe the climate changes, but it always is changing.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I believe it was climate changed that caused Mitch McConnell brain freeze to day. *******

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
There is climate change, both natural and man-made. We can start working on our contribution, but some of the measures they have passed and want to pass have ridiculous time frames. I wonder what we are going to do with all the dead batteries. Are they recyclable? We must look hard at the total long-term effects of the EV changeover.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
Yeah. No one concerned about climate change is concerned about ending the earth. They are very concerned about ending the ability of Humans to live on it.

Reactions: AROB44

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
I remember that and it scared the crap out of me. I also got scared when they said Acid Rain was fallen and there was a hole in Ozone. I believed it then. We went from second ICE Age to Global warming in 20 years. Every fire, weather pattern and flies farting are blamed on climate change. Too much politics and money to know what to really believe. So yes, I believe the climate changes, but it always is changing.
We fixed the ozone problem by not using CFC's anymore. (the Montreal Protocol)

Same with acid rain. Taking all the sulfur out ended that problem. (Clean Air Act)

Thank you for showing everyone that we can have an effect, and we can make changes to correct that effect...

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Yeah. No one concerned about climate change is concerned about ending the earth. They are very concerned about ending the ability of Humans to live on it.
Or at the very least major disruptions to where many people currently live and how we grow and raise our food. Humans are very adaptable at the individual level. Are we prepared to lift and shift cities and agricultural locations should it come to that? We will certainly try but it'll come at great cost to human life and to geopolitical stability.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

Same with acid rain. Taking all the sulfur out ended that problem. (Clean Air Act)

Thank you for showing everyone that we can have an effect, and we can make changes to correct that effect...
LOL

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005

If it really existed.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

Curb Your Enthusiasm Bingo GIF by Jason Clarke

Reactions: ChE1997
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login