The opposite of get in the water and cool down…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The Heartland Institute was created by Big Tobacco to spread misinformation that claimed cigarettes were not harmful. They switched over to climate propaganda after that work dried up. They are not to be taken seriously.
The reason people have doubts with psuedoscience is because of what we have been through in the last 3 years. A very detailed study on weather monitoring from 2022 presents in exhausting detail how temperature sensors over the last decade all over the U.S. have been moved to warmer areas, or replaced, to present warmer temperatures. Access it here if you would like 2022: Corrupted Climate Stations. One of the examples frequently given from this study is how they have moved many of the sensors out of the shade (the original NOAA standard) out onto airport runways in large cities.
Approximately 96% of U.S. temperature stations used to measure climate change fail to meet the "acceptable" and uncorrupted placement standards set by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

The research, conducted by The Heartland Institute, utilized satellite and in-person surveys to assess NOAA weather stations contributing to the official land temperature data in the United States. The study reveals that an alarming 96% of these stations are affected by localized urbanization effects, leading to a heat-bias due to their proximity to asphalt, machinery, and other heat-producing objects.

This violates NOAA's own published standards and raises concerns about the accuracy of long-term climate warming trends in the country.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
The Heartland Institute was created by Big Tobacco to spread misinformation that claimed cigarettes were not harmful. They switched over to climate propaganda after that work dried up. They are not to be taken seriously.
So is that stuff they are saying about the locations of the thermometers not true? Serious question.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
So is that stuff they are saying about the locations of the thermometers not true? Serious question.
Not true.

Reactions: ChE1997

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Not true.

uses a greenpeace article to debunk a heartland article. That's serious clown shoe bullchit.

You must be a troll.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Have you considered there might be new information in the last 50+ years?

Have you considered there might be new different info in 50 more years?

Reactions: Darryl Steight

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
The reason people have doubts with psuedoscience is because of what we have been through in the last 3 years. A very detailed study on weather monitoring from 2022 presents in exhausting detail how temperature sensors over the last decade all over the U.S. have been moved to warmer areas, or replaced, to present warmer temperatures. Access it here if you would like 2022: Corrupted Climate Stations. One of the examples frequently given from this study is how they have moved many of the sensors out of the shade (the original NOAA standard) out onto airport runways in large cities.
Approximately 96% of U.S. temperature stations used to measure climate change fail to meet the "acceptable" and uncorrupted placement standards set by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

The research, conducted by The Heartland Institute, utilized satellite and in-person surveys to assess NOAA weather stations contributing to the official land temperature data in the United States. The study reveals that an alarming 96% of these stations are affected by localized urbanization effects, leading to a heat-bias due to their proximity to asphalt, machinery, and other heat-producing objects.

This violates NOAA's own published standards and raises concerns about the accuracy of long-term climate warming trends in the country.
And vice-perpetrator Al Gore and Lurch (aka John Kerry) are laughing all the way to the bank!!

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Not true.

How do you know your source is true and not the other guys? Also, being serious.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
There is a nuclear facility a little north of that. Anyone know if the cooling runoff could raise temps? Out of my element here but I do know those channels make it to the bays eventually.
Absolutely it warms the water. There was a power plant just north of Cocoa that dumped into the Indian River and it was a fishing hot spot. Literally and figuratively

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
uses a greenpeace article to debunk a heartland article. That's serious clown shoe bullchit.

You must be a troll.
Fair point. But Google it, the Heartland Institute is a well documented propaganda outfit.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
While the news from earlier this week that a buoy near the Florida Keys recorded a water temperature of 101.1 degrees is alarming, it's not unprecedented.

It's not even the record for Manatee Bay, the observing site where the data came from, said David Zierden, state climatologist at the Florida Climate Center in Tallahassee.

The record for the Manatee Bay site is 102 degrees. It was set on Aug. 15, 2017. Going further back, Zierden said the site recorded a temperature of 100 degrees in 2010.

"Keep in mind that the observations in Manatee bay are in shallow water in a closed off cove with dark seagrass on the bottom," Zierden said. "I would not consider them a "sea surface temperature", as that implies open ocean."

Even though there is a bit of a "tap the brakes" vibe when it comes to this week's excessive water temperature news that is making headlines, it comes with "the backdrop that coastal and open ocean temperatures are still running much above normal for the Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico, and around the Florida Keys," Zierden said.

https://www.news-press.com/story/we...y-climate-center-keys-everglades/70468485007/

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I don’t know how anyone on either side of the global warming argument feels confident in their position. There is no doubt the earth is warming but I don’t know how anyone can be confident humans are causing it, we have not been tracking weather long enough to make any definitive conclusions in my opinion. And people that deny it so vehemently will shrug off any amount of facts with “it’s a conspiracy”.

Reactions: Drebin

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
How do you know your source is true and not the other guys? Also, being serious.
Can't know for certain of course, but it is not difficult to identify paid liars who get caught making lies yet just keep on (Heartland Institute), from legitimate outfits who are trying to follow facts and reason yet may fall prey to bias, error, etc (scientists).

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
I don’t know how anyone on either side of the global warming argument feels confident in their position. There is no doubt the earth is warming but I don’t know how anyone can be confident humans are causing it, we have not been tracking weather long enough to make any definitive conclusions in my opinion. And people that deny it so vehemently will shrug off any amount of facts with “it’s a conspiracy”.
I've posted this before. It's fairly simple science.

You know earth is a closed system. It doesn't lose matter to space or get new matter from space.

First, you have to know/ acknowledge that CO2 in the atmosphere warms the earth ( or really any planet, its a huge reason why Venus is hotter than mercury).

Next, you have to know that Humans have mined and burned carbon buried for 10 's to 100's of millions of years making the atmospheric CO2 levels rise ( closed system). Note: No Humans were around for any of this.

This accelerated after the invention of the steam engine. and again after WWII with more worldwide development.

When that carbon was originally captured, the temperature of earth was much hotter.

Coal was formed during th carboniferous https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carboniferous The mold that breaks down wood had not evolved, so any woody plant did not rot and turned to coal.

Oil and gas deposits are from the permian with very high CO2 levels and earth temperture, Paleogene and Eoccene that each had very high CO2 and high temperatures....

We are heading towards a Miocene like climate... They think it took an asteroid hit to cool that down.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

You know earth is a closed system. It doesn't lose matter to space or get new matter from space.

First, you have to know/ acknowledge that CO2 in the atmosphere warms the earth ( or really any planet, its a huge reason why Venus is hotter than mercury).

Next, you have to know that Humans have mined and burned carbon buried for 10 's to 100's of millions of years making the atmospheric CO2 levels rise ( closed system). Note: No Humans were around for any of this.

This accelerated after the invention of the steam engine. and again after WWII with more worldwide development.

When that carbon was originally captured, the temperature of earth was much hotter.

Coal was formed during th carboniferous https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carboniferous The mold that breaks down wood had not evolved, so any woody plant did not rot and turned to coal.

Oil and gas deposits are from the permian with very high CO2 levels and earth temperture, Paleogene and Eoccene that each had very high CO2 and high temperatures....

We are heading towards a Miocene like climate... They think it took an asteroid hit to cool that down.
Interesting. What kind of thermometer they use on mercury?

Jacknut

Sep 29, 2022
There's no doubt the planet warms and cools in cycles, but the science is too corrupted by various agendas. For every "denier" article there's a "we're all gonna die" article.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Can't know for certain of course, but it is not difficult to identify paid liars who get caught making lies yet just keep on (Heartland Institute), from legitimate outfits who are trying to follow facts and reason yet may fall prey to bias, error, etc (scientists).
So bias and error are Ok depending on which side they came from? Please don’t pretend the group quoted by the other poster is the only group getting paid. The global warming alarmist are bringing in lots of money.
but back to the original point, I’d like to know how the temperatures referenced as proof that the earth’s temp is rising are measured. Are the thermometers in the same locations they were 40 years ago? Are they the same type of thermometers? Are the surroundings the same? I seriously have no clue how to verify that info. The source you provided refuting the other poster, is by your own admission not legit. His may not be either.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
There is a nuclear facility a little north of that. Anyone know if the cooling runoff could raise temps? Out of my element here but I do know those channels make it to the bays eventually.
No more than one or two degrees if they are in compliance with their permit.

Reactions: ckDOG

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Even if you don't believe it (either climate change or masking), isn't it at least semi-responsible to halfway take some precautionary measures, from time to time? And trust me, I hated the mask-holes. But I could see the benefit in say, the airport.
FILE THIS UNDER THE "I WEAR SUSPENDERS AND A BELT TO BE SAFE" CATEGORY

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020

You need to go back and retake thermodynamics. The earth is not a closed system. It receives energy from the sun.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
You need to go back and retake thermodynamics. The earth is not a closed system. It receives energy from the sun.
"Closed on matter"

Like i said in the post. If we make CO2, it has to be stored on the planet. so if we burn carbon, it also is stored on the planet....

Edit:

You could make an argument that:
The earth sun system historically is steady state. ( it has to be to sustain life)
So has the solar energy increased or decreased since the Industrial Revolution

the Energy from the sun is GOING DOWN since 1960

so temperatures should be decreasing

Also,
if the Sun were responsible for global warming, we would expect to see warming throughout all layers of the atmosphere, from the surface to the upper atmosphere (stratosphere). But what we actually see is warming at the surface and cooling in the stratosphere. This is consistent with the warming being caused by a buildup of heat-trapping gases near Earth's surface, and not by the Sun getting “hotter."

Last edited:

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
So bias and error are Ok depending on which side they came from?
Not what I said. Bias and error are inevitable. Intentional deceit is not. Don't equate the two.
Please don’t pretend the group quoted by the other poster is the only group getting paid.
Theyre getting paid to do science, to find truth. They're not getting paid to lie. Surely you are intelligent enough to see the difference.
The global warming alarmist are bringing in lots of money.
Not really. Way more money in selling out to lie.
but back to the original point, I’d like to know how the temperatures referenced as proof that the earth’s temp is rising are measured. Are the thermometers in the same locations they were 40 years ago? Are they the same type of thermometers? Are the surroundings the same? I seriously have no clue how to verify that info. The source you provided refuting the other poster, is by your own admission not legit. His may not be either.
A Koch funded group ( NOT Greenpeace) looked at historical locations Not possibly affected by urban growth. That set showed warning just like the other stations. For one of many studies on the issue. It's an ooooooold claim that's never held up to study. Only paid liars promote it.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
Looks like coal use is still on the upswing. India and China aren't doing their part to meet the Paris Accord agreements.
Coal use projected to increase
And they are adding renewable wind and solar at a breakneck pace.

From 2008 through 2018, China’s use of renewable energy – excluding hydroelectricity – grew 33 percent annually, according to BP’s Statistical Review of World Energy. Over that same period, China’s coal consumption has grown 1.7 percent per year, well below its economic growth. In India, renewable energy was growing 17 percent per year 2008 through 2018, with coal consumption at 5.5 percent.

The difference between them and us is that the governments' of India and China don't have Climate Deniers and have not for a long time.

We still have 1/3 of congress that says it's a hoax...

• Haha
Reactions: Captain Ron

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I hope this is trolling....
attempting a joke…we put mercury in thermometers here, what do they use on mercury? Cut me some slack, it was past my bed time.

but seriously, how do they measure temperature on Mercury and Venus. I'm not saying they don’t. I’ll admit my bias that I’m skeptical of it’s accuracy without knowing any details.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
And they are adding renewable wind and solar at a breakneck pace.

The difference between them and us is that the governments' of India and China don't have Climate Deniers and have not for a long time.

We still have 1/3 of congress that says it's a hoax...

Climate action tracker say - it's not breakneck enough

"The CAT rates China’s climate targets and policies as “Highly Insufficient”. The “Highly insufficient” rating indicates that China’s climate policies and commitments are not consistent with the Paris Agreement’s 1.5°C temperature limit and lead to a plateau of high, rather than falling, emissions levels.

China’s climate commitment in 2030 falls between two categories: “Insufficient” and “Highly Insufficient”. The CAT rates China’s commitments as “Highly Insufficient” as emission levels under its NDC commitments are substantially higher than what would be deemed 1.5°C compatible compared to its “fair share” contribution. For the purposes of this rating system, we treat China's NDC commitment as unconditional, as it has not indicated a level of ambition that would be achieved with international support (a conditional NDC target)
."

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Not what I said. Bias and error are inevitable. Intentional deceit is not. Don't equate the two.

Theyre getting paid to do science, to find truth. They're not getting paid to lie. Surely you are intelligent enough to see the difference.

Not really. Way more money in selling out to lie.

A Koch funded group ( NOT Greenpeace) looked at historical locations Not possibly affected by urban growth. That set showed warning just like the other stations. For one of many studies on the issue. It's an ooooooold claim that's never held up to study. Only paid liars promote it.
Getting paid to find truth or find more funding or promote their benefactors ideas? That’s not a right or left only issue. I’m skeptical of everyone involved. Don’t kid yourself that the alarmists aren’t making tons of this. Al Gore has bought some nice beach front properties so he can watch the oceans wipe them out I guess (assuming the reports of his purchases are true, I haven’t been to his house lately).

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
attempting a joke…we put mercury in thermometers here, what do they use on mercury? Cut me some slack, it was past my bed time.

but seriously, how do they measure temperature on Mercury and Venus. I'm not saying they don’t. I’ll admit my bias that I’m skeptical of it’s accuracy without knowing any details.

The same way this works...

1690470153081.jpeg

They use the light wavelengths. And some other more complicated things to do a check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login