The professionalism on Barstool pre-game is amazing

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Politics have fried your brain. Please don't make a thread about how good or ****** a sports broadcast is bc of their politics (and made no reference to in the broadcast).

You people say you want politics-free broadcasting yet here you are blowing Dave bc of his politics. Maybe you're the problem?
We actually like Dave bc he doesn’t cave to either side. He says what he thinks and doesn’t give a $h1t what people think about his opinion.

He also helps a ton of people.

news flash - he isn’t a conservative republican by an stretch but I like him

I could replace his name in my post and say the exact same thing but orange man bad.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
We actually like Dave bc he doesn’t cave to either side. He says what he thinks and doesn’t give a $h1t what people think about his opinion.

He also helps a ton of people.

news flash - he isn’t a conservative republican by an stretch but I like him

I could replace his name in my post and say the exact same thing but orange man bad.
Happy for you all, but why are you weirdos obsessed with bringing politics into it? It was an apolitical broadcast of an apolitical sporting event. Can people just like it or hate it at face value? It's not really that deep.

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
Happy for you all, but why are you weirdos obsessed with bringing politics into it? It was an apolitical broadcast of an apolitical sporting event. Can people just like it or hate it at face value? It's not really that deep.
FightingIwishIwasC34 did that

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I didn’t bring politics in to it.

I made a comment to glfr that I’m 99% sure wasn’t far off base and that was in response to his comment.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
They have influence in the younger market. Mississippi State being linked to Barstool puts the university in front of a bunch of teenagers and potential basketball players. The broadcast wasn't for me because I have young kids, but a high school kid sees it and says I can go to State and play in games like the Barstool classic. I can meet Big Cat and El Presidente. It is all about getting our name out there and letting people know we are not stuck in the mud of the past.
I understand Barstool holds younger market appeal. I am still unsure how that makes for a 'great recruiting opportunity'. Are you suggesting teens aren't aware of MSU and because of a streaming game, they now know of MSU? And that this awareness is measurable higher than if the game streamed on espn?
I just don't think that is accurate, if that is what is being claimed.
The athletic program makes $$$ by playing this game.
For sure. Making money is a benefit, but that is different from what I responded to, which was the claim that playing in the game was a great recruiting opportunity.
I guess Glfr doesn't understand the popularity and reach that Barstool has with young people. I get it's not everyone's cup of tea, and at times I get sick of seeing other people's degenerate gambling addiction take center stage and effect the quality of the broadcast (I'm looking at you Portnoy), but it's a good decision for us to play in this every year. Lots of young people (hopefully recruits) saw us absolutely dismantle a PAC 12 team last night and I hope they follow us this season. I think we will be good this year.
Again, how was us winning while streaming on barstool's website any better than us winning while streaming on espn?
Do you seriously think recruits watched us on barstools site, but wouldn't have watched us on espn? Like, is that really how you think recruiting works?
O wait, it just hit me. Glfr is a barstool/Dave hater because Dave goes on Tucker and he's in that group who despises barstool because they don't tote water for the left like every other giant entertainment outlet.

I get it. Now, I can go on with my day....... (sorry for completely ruining this thread)
I don't hate Portnoy. I had no idea he goes on Tucker. I didn't even know Tucker has a show still, until you mentioned it.

Look back- all I did was question the claim that it was a really great recruiting opportunity.
We get it. You don’t like white rich successful people.
This is incorrect. It also has nothing to do with my post that questioned the claim that the game was a really good recruiting opportunity. I haven't seen anything to suggest it was a better opportunity than any other random game against a major conference team that is televised/streamed.
I didn’t bring politics in to it. I made a comment to glfr that I’m 99% sure wasn’t far off base and that was in response to his comment.
You didn't respond to my comment. You just posted some random accusation that lacks any basis in reality.

Wow, me questioning the claim that the game was a really good recruiting opportunity sure did bring a lot of responses. And almost none addressed me questioning the claim.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It's a recruiting opportunity b/c the money goes to NIL which aids in recruiting.
Cool, I can get on board with that.
That isn't what multiple others said, since they were talking about how recruits would see the game, but yeah I can get down with what your explanation.
Thanks.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login