The Sleeping Giant we all feared......

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
....that could be awakened.........has been. TAMU has finally found that coach they've been searching for after wandering through the SEC desert for years alongside us and the smaller market teams. Mike Elko has that other Maroon team smokin' now. 108,000 crazy Aggies are on the verge of being everything we knew they could if they had the right coach. Their crazed crowd tonight even has LSU making abnormal penalties and mistakes. There's even some talk of adding a few more thousand seats in the middle and upper deck gaps that exist. They could easily have a stadium capacity of over 110,000 if they pursue it. Wow....what once was.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I never, ever criticize programs for “way too much”ing in NIL or on a coach. That class from 3 years ago was clearly worth the $ and that’s with Nolan stepping out.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
I never, ever criticize programs for “way too much”ing in NIL or on a coach. That class from 3 years ago was clearly worth the $ and that’s with Nolan stepping out.
They're going to be turning away some "Nolans" once the Aggie Train really gets rolling.

Jul 10, 2009
I have followed A&M since Jackie was there. For some reason, they can't get out of their own way at times. The totality of "everyone pulling the rope the same direction" is not a consistent occurrence. The only time that seemingly happens nowadays, is when they need to raise big money.

Maybe there has been a shift in the paradigm (But I doubt it...)

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
They are going to win this, and will probably be undefeated in the SEC when they face Texas. That being said, I've seen them looking like they finally had it figured it out before, more than once. We will see.

Reactions: patdog and eckie1

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I have followed A&M since Jackie was there. For some reason, they can't get out of their own way at times. The totality of "everyone pulling the rope the same direction" is not a consistent occurrence. The only time that seemingly happens nowadays, is when they need to raise big money.

Yep, usually much more “pișsing up a rope” than pulling one in a direction for decades.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Neidermeyers

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Dang, I liked Neidermeyer! I wish all our cheerleaders (male & female) would sport crew cuts and wear solid maroon military style uniforms!!

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007

They've always been more focused on what Texas was doing than tending to their own business.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Maybe. And they are good. But LSU is not good. They could easily go 4-4 in SEC this year. Possibly 3-5.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
....that could be awakened.........has been. TAMU has finally found that coach they've been searching for after wandering through the SEC desert for years alongside us and the smaller market teams. Mike Elko has that other Maroon team smokin' now. 108,000 crazy Aggies are on the verge of being everything we knew they could if they had the right coach. Their crazed crowd tonight even has LSU making abnormal penalties and mistakes. There's even some talk of adding a few more thousand seats in the middle and upper deck gaps that exist. They could easily have a stadium capacity of over 110,000 if they pursue it. Wow....what once was.
Oh are we doing this again?

He's another coach in a long line of coaches that has early success, gets the program hyped to the stratosphere, and then follows up with a bunch of 5 to 8 win seasons until the fan base screams bloody murder and they fire him.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Reactions: Seinfeld

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Oh are we doing this again?

He's another coach in a long line of coaches that has early success, gets the program hyped to the stratosphere, and then follows up with a bunch of 5 to 8 win seasons until the fan base screams bloody murder and they fire him.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
Yep, and to add a couple more points…

1) Our laughingstock of a football team went toe to toe with this sleeping giant just last weekend

2) Even if this is a rock solid A&M team, they’re not going to become some juggernaut in a vacuum. There’s only so much elite talent to go around, and if they are getting it, schools like Auburn, Oklahoma, and Texas will suffer. Everyone can’t be awesome in the SEC

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012
agreed, I wouldn’t worry either. They’re like a chef that has 100 ppl messing with a solid recipe, they can’t help themselves

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
A&M has been mediocre and always UTs little brother. They had talent but not Texas talent. Now they are on equal footing with NIL as A&M is in that top five big and rich club. They Finally have a good coach in ELKO, I agree they are a sleeping giant that’s going to be a top 10-15 program from here on out.

Reactions: 17itdawg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
To me they finally hired the right coach for them rather than hiring the biggest name or the flashiest offense. Elko gets them and is building solid foundation of toughness and no fear. Looks like he found a qb too. Of course I think lsu defense coordinator can be clueless too at times. Surprised they didn't offer Arnett when we fired him.

Reactions: 17itdawg

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
To me they finally hired the right coach for them rather than hiring the biggest name or the flashiest offense. Elko gets them and is building solid foundation of toughness and no fear. Looks like he found a qb too. Of course I think lsu defense coordinator can be clueless too at times. Surprised they didn't offer Arnett when we fired him.
I think Arnett is radioactive, I don’t see him being hired as a P4 DC any time soon. coaching is a small fraternity.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
ESPN wants the Texas showdown and with Georgia in the mix. Lots of money there

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login